LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Only Players

• fan49
  • Veteran
Look, I am a huge BPA guy. We will Have a Top 3 Pick, I would hate to waste that pick.

We All know our needs, but here is my top 10 talent. I don't believe we should touch any one not named.

1. Miles Garrett DE
2. Reuben Foster ILB
3. Jabrill Peppers SS
4. Teez Tabor CB
5. Leonard Fournette RB
6. Jamar Adams S
7. Jon Allen DL
8. Marlon Humphrey CB
9. Mike Williams WR
10. Zach Cunningham ILB

not in any order except Garrett

DE is covered with AA and DEFO so no Allen Required.
Obviously If Hyde is healthy no RB required. I don't think anyone other than these 10 should be picked in top 3!

Garrett obvious choice
Id love to see Peppers and Tarrt!
Foster would be a great pick up for our team

I could easily go to 15 without a QB. So I believe at 2 we are reaching at least 13 spots for a QB. Some are saying that Watson is a 2nd round pick, I agree.

Do we need a qb absolutely. But we need so much more, Get the player who is for sure to make an impact day 1, who will start period. I believe if you have a top 10 pick you get a player you expect to make a difference for your team immediately. anything else is a waste imo. How can anyone mentally walk away at 2 with a maybe?

Why draft top 10 if you don't get a top 10 talent? Why draft top 3 if your not getting a top 3 talent??
[ Edited by fan49 on Dec 13, 2016 at 1:06 PM ]
Garrett or Foster
Foster better be a friggin monster to go ILB at #2
Garret, QB or trade down... anything other than this is a failure. Too many holes to spend a top 2 pick on a non-premium position. Atleast if we trade down we can get value. Jonathan Allen is the only value pick at 2 and we simply can't afford to go DL with our 1st pick 3 years in a row with the state of our offense.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:25 PM ]
The only 2 i can see us taking is garrett and foster. I think Peppers is a great player but i am so done drafting safeties. We need to create some pass rush to help out our current safeties.

If we land at 3, i say take either Garrett, Foster, or Trubisky. At #2, Take Garrett or Trubisky. At #1, take Garrett
all hyde has shown us is that he cannot handle #1 RB carries without getting hurt. we need to bring down his carries while still having a great ground attack. why not do all that AND get one of the best offensive weapons in the draft in fournette. its too hard to accurately read our needs on defense right now because we are missing too many starters to injury all over the place.i think even with all our starters healthy we badly need an ILB. we need a NT bad too but once again not everyone we have has been on the field this year. wev seen all our running backs....this is a chip kelly offense we all know we cant go forward with what we have at RB right now. big needs all over the place i just feel like itd be idiotic to pass on a talent like fournette especially when we have an offensive coach like chop. pass rushers can be had every year in the draft an FA.
Originally posted by stefano89:
all hyde has shown us is that he cannot handle #1 RB carries without getting hurt. we need to bring down his carries while still having a great ground attack. why not do all that AND get one of the best offensive weapons in the draft in fournette. its too hard to accurately read our needs on defense right now because we are missing too many starters to injury all over the place.i think even with all our starters healthy we badly need an ILB. we need a NT bad too but once again not everyone we have has been on the field this year. wev seen all our running backs....this is a chip kelly offense we all know we cant go forward with what we have at RB right now. big needs all over the place i just feel like itd be idiotic to pass on a talent like fournette especially when we have an offensive coach like chop. pass rushers can be had every year in the draft an FA.

And RBs can be had especially in this draft in the 3rd round.
I think you can add Cam Robinson to that list. If you are not in love with any of the qbs that early and Garret is gone you can get staleys replacement and possibly trade Staley.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
so I guess the ones who want a qb here..... dont want to answer why have a top 3 pick and not take a top 3 talent?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Garret, QB or trade down... anything other than this is a failure. Too many holes to spend a top 2 pick on a non-premium position. Atleast if we trade down we can get value. Jonathan Allen is the only value pick at 2 and we simply can't afford to go DL with our 1st pick 3 years in a row with the state of our offense.

I cant agree, there is not 1 qb thats even in the top 10 talent wise

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I think you can add Cam Robinson to that list. If you are not in love with any of the qbs that early and Garret is gone you can get staleys replacement and possibly trade Staley.

I agree, Im not saying I dont like the qb's. Im saying talent wise there is none in the top10 or even 15. So if you have a top 3 pick why not take a top 3 talent?
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Foster better be a friggin monster to go ILB at #2

i never got this concept

our run D is THE WORST by a country mile - its almost the worst in nfl history

the question is which players have the best chance at making us better

foster definitely does that he with our DL and bowman back we will have a great run D
Originally posted by harryj:
i never got this concept

our run D is THE WORST by a country mile - its almost the worst in nfl history

the question is which players have the best chance at making us better

foster definitely does that he with our DL and bowman back we will have a great run D

I just don't value inside linebacker as high as pass rusher or QB. If we had a true NT this season our run defense wouldn't be near as bad. Obviously losing both of our starting ILBs didn't help either.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I just don't value inside linebacker as high as pass rusher or QB. If we had a true NT this season our run defense wouldn't be near as bad. Obviously losing both of our starting ILBs didn't help either.

You obviously haven't seen Reuben Foster play football.
Dudes a stud.
I'm picking Garrett #1, if not, Foster #2.
No problema! 😎👍
Why not trade down and add Foster at like 6 or 7 and pick up a few picks?
Share 49ersWebzone