LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 178 users in the forums

Bufallo's 1st (13th) & Sammy Watkins

100 million in cap room, Kap would be serviceable with some talent around him. I would think long and hard about Garrett/Allen but I would answer if Tenn called.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I'd take the Buffalo offer but Baalke's cheap @** won't.

We would take out a need and still be there early in the 1st round. I wouldn't be mad if Watson, Foster, Vea, Q Nelson became that pick.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
100 million in cap room, Kap would be serviceable with some talent around him. I would think long and hard about Garrett/Allen but I would answer if Tenn called.

There's a reason Kap leveraged the opt out of this new contract. Niners will only have Gabbert and maybe Ponder on the roster going into the draft.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
There's a reason Kap leveraged the opt out of this new contract. Niners will only have Gabbert and maybe Ponder on the roster going into the draft.

They are both FA as well
So folks complaining in the Hyde thread about him being injured yet want to trade for Watkins Watkins is out 5 games every time you look up.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
so we'd be giving up a top 3 pick and our 2nd for the 13th pick and Sammy Walkins who's missed like 12 games in the past two years and is on his last yr of his rookie deal (without the option).

pass

This

Tempting but I think he'll be dealing w/lots of injuries for his career.
Originally posted by lamontb:
So folks complaining in the Hyde thread about him being injured yet want to trade for Watkins Watkins is out 5 games every time you look up.

Agreed. Having two injury prone pieces at RB and WR would be ridiculous.

This.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This.

Yup agree. This is totally dumb
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow
After trading the house for him they are just gonna let him be a FA
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow

Top rated WR in the best WR draft of all time has been a little disappointing. But his QBs have sucked
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Wow

Old regime traded the house for him, all those dudes are gone.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Top rated WR in the best WR draft of all time has been a little disappointing. But his QBs have sucked

Tyrod Taylor is not that bad, he's a great deep thrower, the reality is that Watkins hasn't been very healthy and when healthy he really hasn't lived up to his pre-draft hype.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tyrod Taylor is not that bad, he's a great deep thrower, the reality is that Watkins hasn't been very healthy and when healthy he really hasn't lived up to his pre-draft hype.

Watkins needs to stay healthy, but let's not act like he hasn't suffered through erratic QB play and garbage coordinators the last three seasons. His first two years he averaged 63/1000/8 before missing most of last season. Let him wind up on a team with a real QB and system and watch what happens. Would love to see the Bills let him walk and have him wind up in Houston paired up with Nuk Hopkins again.

The missing games part has definitely been disappointing. Not sure what is going on there.
Share 49ersWebzone