Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 513 users in the forums

Dalvin Cook--RB--FSU

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Dalvin Cook 5399 total yards and 48 TDs and 6.5 yards per carry

Fournette 4356 total yards and 41 TDs and 6.2 yards a carry

To cooks benefit he had a better surrounding cast/offense right?

He also didn't miss 5 games due to injury his senior year lol. Not only that, but Fournette played against the toughest competion, and then sat out against the weaker competition to rest. He didnt pad his stats against teams like Jacksonville State, Missouri, Southern Mississippi, He toughed it out and played against their toughest competition on a real down year for LSU. That Oline was not the same, and neither was that offense.

Thanks for the info. They're different backs, do you want a fast muscle car,or do you want all wheel drive Subaru WRX-STI or Mitsubishi Lancer-Evolution lol.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Dalvin Cook 5399 total yards and 48 TDs and 6.5 yards per carry


Fournette 4356 total yards and 41 TDs and 6.2 yards a carry

To cooks benefit he had a better surrounding cast/offense right?


Not totally sure which team was all around better, I know LSU had a better line though. Just threw out numbers because a lot of these guys like to scream 22 tds constantly like that's the most important factor. But if looking at just numbers, cook is the more successful back.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Dalvin Cook 5399 total yards and 48 TDs and 6.5 yards per carry

Fournette 4356 total yards and 41 TDs and 6.2 yards a carry

To cooks benefit he had a better surrounding cast/offense right?

He also didn't miss 5 games due to injury his senior year lol. Not only that, but Fournette played against the toughest competion, and then sat out against the weaker competition to rest. He didnt pad his stats against teams like Jacksonville State, Missouri, Southern Mississippi, He toughed it out and played against their toughest competition on a real down year for LSU. That Oline was not the same, and neither was that offense.


And in those 5 games Cook received about 1000 yards and 7tds. Guice also out played LF last year but that doesn't matter apparently.

That o line was one of the highest graded in college. And the strength of schedule was roughly the same between the two teams.
Sport science did a nice breakdown of the top RBs and when comparing the top 20 RBs of all-time they came out with cook and kamara as the top 2 safest picks. They have the right size to speed ratio and cook and karma had the best vision and burst that gave them both higher scores then zeke.

They compared cook to Freeman and karmara to Gordon.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sport science did a nice breakdown of the top RBs and when comparing the top 20 RBs of all-time they came out with cook and kamara as the top 2 safest picks. They have the right size to speed ratio and cook and karma had the best vision and burst that gave them both higher scores then zeke.

They compared cook to Freeman and karmara to Gordon.

If you asked me if I'm intrigued..
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sport science did a nice breakdown of the top RBs and when comparing the top 20 RBs of all-time they came out with cook and kamara as the top 2 safest picks. They have the right size to speed ratio and cook and karma had the best vision and burst that gave them both higher scores then zeke.

They compared cook to Freeman and karmara to Gordon.

If you asked me if I'm intrigued..

Lol...if he's there at 34 im all over it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sport science did a nice breakdown of the top RBs and when comparing the top 20 RBs of all-time they came out with cook and kamara as the top 2 safest picks. They have the right size to speed ratio and cook and karma had the best vision and burst that gave them both higher scores then zeke.

They compared cook to Freeman and karmara to Gordon.

If you asked me if I'm intrigued..

Lol...if he's there at 34 im all over it.

I'm glad he won't be hopefully so we don't have to ponder. I think he goes to TB. No later than the Chiefs.
Dude is McCoy 2.0
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Dude is McCoy 2.0

A thicker pup than Shady.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Dude is McCoy 2.0

A thicker pup than Shady.

I meant more his usage and skill set
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Dude is McCoy 2.0

A thicker pup than Shady.

I meant more his usage and skill set

Yeah I figured haha, agree with you doe. Unless Harris is on the board at 34... if Cook is there, I think we grab him.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Yeah I figured haha, agree with you doe. Unless Harris is on the board at 34... if Cook is there, I think we grab him.

That would be a brilliant problem to have, Cook and Harris both available at 34. The better scenario would be us trading down from 2 and owning picks 33 and 34 lol
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Yeah I figured haha, agree with you doe. Unless Harris is on the board at 34... if Cook is there, I think we grab him.

That would be a brilliant problem to have, Cook and Harris both available at 34. The better scenario would be us trading down from 2 and owning picks 33 and 34 lol

Yesssssssss. I feel I'm playing 10 different chess games at once lol.
Not a fan. Those character concerns are pretty bad and I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting in trouble at the next level. Rather have Kamara, McCaffery or even Hunt over him.
Lynch won't draft him, most likely. He's had some issues so I don't see him becoming a Niner. There are so many excellent multi-purpose RB's in this draft, there's no need to draft anyone whose character is in doubt whatsoever.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone