LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 448 users in the forums

Midseason Mock

I think you are being a bit overly optimistic about FA's coming here. Jeffrey and Ingram will have many many suitors. Doyle would be a real nice add. I think building steadily thru the draft is the way to go
Originally posted by StrangleHold:
I think you are being a bit overly optimistic about FA's coming here. Jeffrey and Ingram will have many many suitors. Doyle would be a real nice add. I think building steadily thru the draft is the way to go

Yeah I get that it will be very hard to get top free agents considering how bad the organization is..i agree on Doyle, I think hes going to be good as a number 1 TE..the probem is building thru the draft doesn't work when Baalke sucks..ive said this b4 2 pro bowlers out of every pick Baalke selected..numbers don't lie..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
pass on watson

for Kizer..? or who..?

tribusky or falk

wait so you think they are better then Watson..? I cant give an opinion bc I'm not very familiar with them..

i dont think kizer or watson are worth an early 1st round pick, too much risk.

tribusky and falk are crazy accurate with great mechanics. tribusky is obviously the better athlete of the two.
I see you put in Gus Bradley as a possible DC, sounds like he's in the dog house but doesn't he run a 4-3?
If this offseason went like this with Baalke I will forgive him for the time being.
I think you have too many trades...if whomever's running the draft is smart, they'll trade out of the #2 or whatever spot we end up in. They need as many high picks as they can get, and the way to get them is trade out of the top 5.

I think there are better choices at QB than Watson...Kizer, Trubisky to name two. Kizer hasn't put up his usual numbers due in part to ND having a tough season so far. Trubisky is humming right along, and his accuracy (@ 70%), decision-making and consistency would seem to be more like a QB Kelly would pull the trigger on. I say that because if Jed doesn't grow a pair and fire Baalke, the least he's likely to do is direct him to listen to who Kelly wants (a la Harbaugh) and draft him.

I'm not sold on Hankins at NT...he's not bad, but not sure he's the all-out stud we need at that position, particularly with two young twin towers. Also not sure what you see in Doyle...his career numbers are not good. I'd rather draft Even Engram, TE extraordinaire for Ole Miss. He's been compared to Jordan Reed and if he comes close to him, he'd be a welcome addition to our under-achieving TE corps.

Of course, you can take Ian Williams out of the discussion, the Niners having agreed to an injury settlement and waived him. Our DL needs a lot of work. I think our twin towers will prosper, but they need a stud in the middle to slow down the onslaught of rushers. The days of Purcell, Jerrod-Edie and maybe even Dorsey would seem to be staying the course rather than improving the DL. If they don't fix the DL, adding all the ILB and pass rushers has limited value.

As for Dawson, not sure it isn't time to replace him. Yeah, I know, he's been consistent, but he's also losing yardage the older he gets. It's also a reason they use Pinion to kick-off.

Melvin Ingram's a decent OLB...however, only one season with more than 10 sacks. Do we want decent or do we need electric...I'd vote for the latter. Main reservation WRT to Jeffrey is he's spent a lot of time on the DL. When healthy, yeah, he's a difference maker, but I'm not real comfortable with his injury history.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I see you put in Gus Bradley as a possible DC, sounds like he's in the dog house but doesn't he run a 4-3?

Yeah he does but moving to 4-3 wouldn't hurt..but I also put a couple young future coordinators who would run a 3-4..i honestly like Joey Porter, i think his fire and knowledge would go well with a young hungry defense..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If this offseason went like this with Baalke I will forgive him for the time being.

Yeah right lol
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think you have too many trades...if whomever's running the draft is smart, they'll trade out of the #2 or whatever spot we end up in. They need as many high picks as they can get, and the way to get them is trade out of the top 5.

I think there are better choices at QB than Watson...Kizer, Trubisky to name two. Kizer hasn't put up his usual numbers due in part to ND having a tough season so far. Trubisky is humming right along, and his accuracy (@ 70%), decision-making and consistency would seem to be more like a QB Kelly would pull the trigger on. I say that because if Jed doesn't grow a pair and fire Baalke, the least he's likely to do is direct him to listen to who Kelly wants (a la Harbaugh) and draft him.

I'm not sold on Hankins at NT...he's not bad, but not sure he's the all-out stud we need at that position, particularly with two young twin towers. Also not sure what you see in Doyle...his career numbers are not good. I'd rather draft Even Engram, TE extraordinaire for Ole Miss. He's been compared to Jordan Reed and if he comes close to him, he'd be a welcome addition to our under-achieving TE corps.

Of course, you can take Ian Williams out of the discussion, the Niners having agreed to an injury settlement and waived him. Our DL needs a lot of work. I think our twin towers will prosper, but they need a stud in the middle to slow down the onslaught of rushers. The days of Purcell, Jerrod-Edie and maybe even Dorsey would seem to be staying the course rather than improving the DL. If they don't fix the DL, adding all the ILB and pass rushers has limited value.

As for Dawson, not sure it isn't time to replace him. Yeah, I know, he's been consistent, but he's also losing yardage the older he gets. It's also a reason they use Pinion to kick-off.

Melvin Ingram's a decent OLB...however, only one season with more than 10 sacks. Do we want decent or do we need electric...I'd vote for the latter. Main reservation WRT to Jeffrey is he's spent a lot of time on the DL. When healthy, yeah, he's a difference maker, but I'm not real comfortable with his injury history.

Only reason they don't trade out of their spot is fear of losing out on a QB bc that's what is needed and almost a garentee to be taken in the 1st..

I understand a lot like different QBs but Watson is my fav..I think he's being overlooked bc the year he had last year was amazing and hard to match..

As for Hankins he's an actual shot to get..guys like Logan and Poe are best of the group and playing for the niners isn't that intriguing right now lol I like Doyle and see potential in him, his numbers aren't great bc this is his 1st year getting much PT..and he's a number 2 TE putting up good numbers this year..Engram is good I agree but he might move to WR in the NFL considering he prob weighs around 225..

Ian Williams could be back..i was going to pick a kicker in the draft but I'm not so familiar with who is coming out and Dawson is worth every penny and it's not like the niners can't afford him..

It's was between Perry or Ingram for OLB, and yes that is the biggest concern with Alshon but I don't think if he picked signing with the niners many ppl would complain about his injury past more would be happy maybe shocked we got him..thanks for your opinions tho..would enjoy seeing your mock and your point of view more on free agency and the draft.
I haven 't done a mock in years...but think I'll do one this year, given the state of our team and so many positions of need. Thanks for your feedback on my feedback...some mocksters get hostile or want to fall on their sword over their picks. There are so many ways to go, but I really see us making an offensive splash early. I can't believe I'm even looking at mocks this early, but then...

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I haven 't done a mock in years...but think I'll do one this year, given the state of our team and so many positions of need. Thanks for your feedback on my feedback...some mocksters get hostile or want to fall on their sword over their picks. There are so many ways to go, but I really see us making an offensive splash early. I can't believe I'm even looking at mocks this early, but then...

Lol yeah some ppl get offensive, it's a mock and opinions..not every one agrees and honestly I don't kno everything so with ppl not agreeing I enjoy their point of views..and I learn more..I remember last year some guy arguing bc he felt like he knew it all abd was saying how he should work for the niners organization lol but anyway your right it's tough to do a niner mock nowadays needing so much but also trying to be realistic..thanks again and I look foward to seeing your mock in the future..

Yup

I also like Hall in the 4th.

Hall reminds me too much of Manny
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Which isn't awful for a 4th rd pick...he also grabbed Ingram in FA as the pass rush stud.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Which isn't awful for a 4th rd pick...he also grabbed Ingram in FA as the pass rush stud.

Not feeling ingram at WILL either just seems like another bandaid
Share 49ersWebzone