LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 328 users in the forums

Midseason Mock

Originally posted by Chibamarines:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Most of the FA's you listed are garbage.

1. Jeffrey is an injury risk and as you can see, currently isnt putting up any numbers. And i will argue that Cutler/Hoyer are better than Gabbert/Kap. He will be over paid by someone, let it not be 49ers.

Hoyer ignores Jeffery and prefers the 2nd read Cameron Meredith who he has built chemistry with. Let this guy play for a team with an actual good QB and see what he does.

It's irrelevant IMO because he's not leaving one bad team for another. Bears are in virtually the same position as we are. If he leaves Chicago it's for a team that is gonna be competitive.

We shall see when he's offered 12-14 million a year..but I hope your wrong..
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Nice idea but idt we need d.Watson.....I think we need to trade back acquire an extra 1&2 and go from there. I think there are some good qb's in this draft.it all depends on the free agents we acquire

I'm taking my top QB if he's there..no way they don't take either Watson or Kizer if available..

you pass on those two all day for garrett. Garrett is one of the best players in a decade to be in the draft. Yes we need a qb who MIGHT end up being a frnchise qb. But garrett is a gaurenteed permanent impact.

Nothing is garenteed, Clowney was a garentee..but he's not so great as of now..the stage the niners are in you take a franchise QB before a DE..
pass on watson

1. Jeffrey is an injury risk and as you can see, currently isnt putting up any numbers. And i will argue that Cutler/Hoyer are better than Gabbert/Kap. He will be over paid by someone, let it not be 49ers.
2. Jacquizz Rodgers lol - I know he had a good game, but I could play RB for Bucs vs San Fran and put up 100 yds right now. There is a reason this guy was an NFL FA and Tampa signed him cause Martin and Sims went down.
3. Doyle - again too early to see what he can do. You can find guys like him in the 4th or later rounds in the draft.

I dont think there is a point in signing any FA to major money aside from QB. No stud WR or NT is coming here to change the team from 1-15 to 8-8. Need to build through the draft and sign decent players for average cash who our scouts and management think they can turn into above average players in our system.

-Jeffery does have some soft issue problems I agree with that. He currently isn't putting up numbers because of the QB situation ( I don't see him getting the targets he once was) AND who is saying Blaine/Kap will be our QB next yr??

-Rogers would be taking over shaun draughn's role....NO ONE is saying he's a feature back, he can catch and pass block well.

-Doyle I'll pass on...the draft is chalk full of TEs, my only issue is it takes time for those rookie TEs to become NFL starters most of the time.

I really don't see the problem with spending some money in FA...I have no problem them getting a WR vet instead of a rookie...just get talent at this point I don't care where it comes from.

Hoyer ignores Jeffery and prefers the 2nd read Cameron Meredith who he has built chemistry with. Let this guy play for a team with an actual good QB and see what he does.

It's irrelevant IMO because he's not leaving one bad team for another. Bears are in virtually the same position as we are. If he leaves Chicago it's for a team that is gonna be competitive.

Ehhh he's gonna go wherever the cash is IMO. Most contenders aren't gonna pay him top dollar
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 24, 2016 at 1:53 PM ]
I'd love it.

BUT, if Baalke is still here - it will never happen.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ehhh he's gonna go wherever the cash is IMO. Most contenders aren't gonna pay him top dollar

Exactly is he is offered 12-14 million a year he will be a niner next year..money talks..and I think Baalke will go all out this offseason..he has too..another offseason like last year he will have to be fired..
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'd love it.

BUT, if Baalke is still here - it will never happen.

thanks but like I just wrote I think Baalke will splurge, he has too..i cant see it any other way..

Bears have a load of cap space as well and will be able to throw the kitchen sink at him especially with Cutler likely coming off the books next year. Only reason he would get up and leave one bad team for another is if he really really hates Chicago winters. Otherwise I would bet that he wants to play for a team with a chance to win rather than coming to the same situation in San Fran, but with better weather.

Bears have a load of cap space as well and will be able to throw the kitchen sink at him especially with Cutler likely coming off the books next year. Only reason he would get up and leave one bad team for another is if he really really hates Chicago winters. Otherwise I would bet that he wants to play for a team with a chance to win rather than coming to the same situation in San Fran, but with better weather.

you have a good point, just hope he doesn't think like you lol

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
pass on watson

for Kizer..? or who..?
pass on watson

for Kizer..? or who..?

tribusky or falk
pass on watson

for Kizer..? or who..?

tribusky or falk

wait so you think they are better then Watson..? I cant give an opinion bc I'm not very familiar with them..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 24, 2016 at 6:40 PM ]
Nothing is garenteed, Clowney was a garentee..but he's not so great as of now..the stage the niners are in you take a franchise QB before a DE..

Clowney is having a pretty good season, might not be lighting up the stat sheet but he's played well for the most part.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Clowney is having a pretty good season, might not be lighting up the stat sheet but he's played well for the most part.

Yeah I'm watching the game and they said the season hes having is looking great compared to his last..but what I was saying is ppl expected him to tear it up like a Von Miller type of year..no garentee Myles Garrett will dominate bc he dominates in college..this is a mans league..
Share 49ersWebzone