There are 222 users in the forums

2017 Draft Needs

Originally posted by harryj:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You take a QB when you can get one, you don't keep holding out hope that you'll find that perfect prospect that never exists. No reason why this team can't significantly upgrade on offense through free agency and the draft while taking a QB.

You don't have to throw a rookie QB out there to start immediately either. You can go with the bridge guy but for the future of this team, the offense, its future playoff chances as well as to boost fan morale, you want to have someone in the fold that you can credibly point to as "the future", someone that will take over in the near future and lead this team going forwards.

im not talking about getting a perfect prospect if there is a qb like luck/cam or someone like that i would say take him

the fact is there is no qb like that and again im not opposed to drafting a qb i like kizer and watkins both are good passers but need to work on some mechanics which causes some inconsistancy in accuracy

if the plan is to draft a qb i want to sit him for a year i just dont want to rush a qb into this 49ers team because they will fail

Funny thing is, i don't think this is that bad of a situation for a rookie QB to come into from an offensive perspective. I still prefer that whatever QB we draft, no matter how high, sits for awhile, but offense really isn't our big problem. In spite of the issues this year, the offense has done something in every game this season except for the Seattle game.
NT and ILB seem like the biggest needs at this point in the season, stiffening the middle would make the edges easier to defend.
Washington redshirt junior ILB Azeem Victor was carted off the field in Saturday's game against USC due to a right leg injury.

After the close of the contest -- Washington took their first loss of the season on Saturday -- HC Chris Petersen offered a non-update update, saying, "They didn't tell me anything. I know when one of our guys gets carted off it's not going to be good. I didn't even see our trainer, to tell you the truth." The 6-foot-3, 240-pound linebacker suffered the injury while helping to make a stop on Trojans back Justin Davis in the second quarter. An air cast was applied to the injured leg before Victor exited stage left. With just two games left in the regular season -- against Arizona State and Washington State -- Victor will need to make a speedy recovery if he wants to see the field again in 2016.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Washington redshirt junior ILB Azeem Victor was carted off the field in Saturday's game against USC due to a right leg injury.

After the close of the contest -- Washington took their first loss of the season on Saturday -- HC Chris Petersen offered a non-update update, saying, "They didn't tell me anything. I know when one of our guys gets carted off it's not going to be good. I didn't even see our trainer, to tell you the truth." The 6-foot-3, 240-pound linebacker suffered the injury while helping to make a stop on Trojans back Justin Davis in the second quarter. An air cast was applied to the injured leg before Victor exited stage left. With just two games left in the regular season -- against Arizona State and Washington State -- Victor will need to make a speedy recovery if he wants to see the field again in 2016.
sounds like he just became a niner
if we do end up picking #2 overall , I would be interested in trading it for more picks , because one player will not catapult us into a contender , we need to fill a lot of holes, and we have a chance to fix glaring needs with quality players , we need to bring in a WR, RB, TE, G and QB for the offense through the draft , and we need defensive line help, a couple ILB's and a couple solid pass rushers , and I agree we need homegrown players to build our team , only thing is, I don't want Baalke getting his hands on this draft, I have all but given up on Baalke, and don't trust him, we need healthy talented players in camp next year , Baalke has missed badly and ignored obvious weak spots
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
if we do end up picking #2 overall , I would be interested in trading it for more picks , because one player will not catapult us into a contender , we need to fill a lot of holes, and we have a chance to fix glaring needs with quality players , we need to bring in a WR, RB, TE, G and QB for the offense through the draft , and we need defensive line help, a couple ILB's and a couple solid pass rushers , and I agree we need homegrown players to build our team , only thing is, I don't want Baalke getting his hands on this draft, I have all but given up on Baalke, and don't trust him, we need healthy talented players in camp next year , Baalke has missed badly and ignored obvious weak spots

If Myles Garrett is there at our pick, he's hands down the pick. If not, then trading down is a good idea. We can fill some of the holes through free agency.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

If one player isn't going to fill al those holes, why attempt to do it in one season? Get the best quality player available near the top of the draft. I'm looking at 2018 at the earliest for us to be contenders again, which means two drafts. The other issue, you'd think with all the draft picks we've had since 2013, we would be among the league's most talented. Operating under the assumption that Baalke is still here, you should want him to take Garrett. I believe we already have 9 or 10 and the more picks he has, the more he is likely to draft unhealthy players that have no chance of contributing next year.
I'm dreaming, but just maybe . . .
Jonathan Allen in the first
and maybe
Jarrad Davis
or
Dede Westbrook
in the second
Toledo senior RB Kareem Hunt rushed for 107 yards on 17 carries in Wednesday's 37-19 win over Ball State.

Hunt couldn't find the end zone as a rusher, but oh boy, did he find it as a receiver, coming away from the game with a 71-yard scoring grab. He finished the contest with six catches for 98 yards and the singular score. For the season as a whole, the 5-foot-11, 215-pound senior has rushed for 1,155 yards (5.3 YPC) and seven touchdowns in 11 games. He has shown his mettle as a receiver throughout and is currently working on a lovely little 36-304-1 line on that front.

rotoworld.com

Might be a good change of pace option later in the draft
LSU senior ILB Kendell Beckwith (knee) will miss Thursday's regular-season finale against Texas A&M.

Beckwith injured his knee during Saturday's loss to Florida. This is a tough blow for the Tigers, as the 6-foot-2, 245-pounder was just named a Butkus Award finalist on Monday. Through 10 games, Beckwith has destroyed the opposition to the tune of 91 tackles (6.0 for loss), a sack and four passes defended. It is not yet known whether Beckwith might be able to participate in LSU's eventual bowl.

Originally posted by Alfienator:
If Myles Garrett is there at our pick, he's hands down the pick. If not, then trading down is a good idea. We can fill some of the holes through free agency.

THIS!!!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

THIS!!!

Agree! If Kelly doesn't fall in love with one of the top QBs. Or perhaps he can trade down and still get his guy.
Matt Miller has a nice article about sleepers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677214-2017-nfl-draft-matt-millers-hidden-gem-at-every-position/page/10

Trey Hendrickson Florida Atlantic sounds interesting as an edge rusher, seems like a good fit
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Matt Miller has a nice article about sleepers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677214-2017-nfl-draft-matt-millers-hidden-gem-at-every-position/page/10

Trey Hendrickson Florida Atlantic sounds interesting as an edge rusher, seems like a good fit

Davis at WR isn't much of a sleeper anymore.

I really like Brandon Bell ILB as a sleeper pick. He gets almost no love but he is a player. He elevated his play this year and I wouldnt be surprised to see him drafted in the 3rd/4th round.

Trey Hendrickson is definitely an interesting prospect to keep an eye on
[ Edited by saniner on Nov 23, 2016 at 10:01 AM ]
Garrett, Peppers, Allen, Fournette.

All franchise changers IMO. Wouldn't mind either one of them at #2. That top 4 will not change for me...
Share 49ersWebzone