LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 193 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

He is looking pretty good tonight. Kind of making me jealous of the bears
Originally posted by NTeply49:

Against a bunch of backups and vanilla schemes...I can't put a ton of stock into preseaon games especially the 1st game
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Against a bunch of backups and vanilla schemes...I can't put a ton of stock into preseaon games especially the 1st game

Still, its a good start for the guy. People would be concerned if he doesn't perform well.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

He is looking solid. 13 of 14 and 1 TD. Is a great start for a rookie so far.

Once you contrast him to Mike Glennon, he looks even better. Mike Glennon is overrated. He better show up soon, if not he might lose his starting job sooner rather than later.

Let's see how Mitch does going forward. But, is pretty positive so far.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Especially when Blaine Gabbert looks like the second coming.....agreed NY!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rascal:

He is looking solid. 13 of 14 and 1 TD. Is a great start for a rookie so far.

Once you contrast him to Mike Glennon, he looks even better. Mike Glennon is overrated. He better show up soon, if not he might lose his starting job sooner rather than later.

Let's see how Mitch does going forward. But, is pretty positive so far.

Glennon won't last especially after this preseason game. lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah but if he had struggled you know people would have been like: "Trubisky? More like Trubustky, amirite, amirite?"

For a guy who has one year of college starting experience he showed he definitely belongs out there with NFL players
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah but if he had struggled you know people would have been like: "Trubisky? More like Trubustky, amirite, amirite?"

For a guy who has one year of college starting experience he showed he definitely belongs out there with NFL players

Trubisky just gets it. He has a feel for what's going on around him and just reacts. Lots of QBs have to think, but Trubisky just plays in this brain-stem mode that's quicker. His first pass in college went for 6; he doesn't get flustered. Add a rocket arm and you have a future great in Chicago.
Dude was handling the media like a boss too.

"You played really great tonight, had a fantastic debut, how do you feel about your performance?"

"Man I f**ked this up and the other thing and I blew this one play and I really just need to keep working, keep studying film, learning from my teammates and coaches to get better."

"Do you think that if you continue to play well that this might make things awkward between you and Mike?

"Man, this is Mike's team, I'm just here so I don't get fined.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Oh for sure...good for him hope he gives the bears something, my dad is a huge bears fan lol

Alot of easy reads off play action but he did have a really nice 3 and 18 conversion and a very solid 1st outing.
Don't discount the fact the Donkeys Defense are stacked. If Glennon keeps playing like he always does, I am afraid they the Bears will rush Mitch a bit on being the #1 QB this year. I suspect it will be the third game of the season when enough is enough with Glennon, and Mitch at that point is just simply better than any Bears QB.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Don't discount the fact the Donkeys Defense are stacked. If Glennon keeps playing like he always does, I am afraid they the Bears will rush Mitch a bit on being the #1 QB this year. I suspect it will be the third game of the season when enough is enough with Glennon, and Mitch at that point is just simply better than any Bears QB.

The 3rd game? Nahh I think Glennon gets at least 6-8 games.

Meanwhile, Dak had one of the greatest preseasons in history and look what happened to him. Same with Russell Wilson. LOL.

When are people going to realize that some QBs just HAVE it. You can't quantify or rationalize it. This dude is mobile and accurate same as Rodgers skill set. We were fools for not taking a stab at him. Everything else he can learn and who better than Shanahan to learn from. But no, let's go with 3 garbage QBs instead.
Share 49ersWebzone