LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 170 users in the forums

MadDog49er Draft Notes

I'm sure this took a lot of time to write up. Thanks MD for all your hard work! There's so many of us that literally come to this website just to read what you write. I'm one of them
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Thanks, but you are certain to lose. Not my strong suit. However, I will do my best. Better at player evals than landing places. And, in this draft, with Hackenberg, Cook and Jack, who knows where these guys go.

I will say one thing: There will be at least one QB hungry team move up into the late first to grab a QB, because it buys them a fifth year option, instead of a four year contract in the second round.

Thanks Great Stuff
  • dj43
Nice stuff MD. As always, a good read.
All that talk of us taking Lynch at 7 I LOVE! Smokescrewns, that means someone will trade ahead of us and take him! Do it!

And thanks MD for your annual analysis my friend.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
MadDog when will the first trade be tomorrow and how long will the first round last? Need this for tie breaker
Great stuff as always MadDog49er!
Really awesome write up and so helpful! Thanks a million!
Originally posted by GORO:
MadDog when will the first trade be tomorrow and how long will the first round last? Need this for tie breaker

good question. how long does the first round last? Sitting in Germany and awaiting a brutal night (draft starting at 2am).
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
All that talk of us taking Lynch at 7 I LOVE! Smokescrewns, that means someone will trade ahead of us and take him! Do it!

And thanks MD for your annual analysis my friend.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Pure smoke with Lynch at 7. I don't buy it for a second

It looks like SD has a bullseye on Stanley, and Dallas loves Ramsey, so I will guess the Jags at 5 to a team moving up to get Buckner or Tunsil. The Ravens are the perfect landing spot for Tunsil, so somebody has to move up to get him. Maybe Tennessee at 15, Niners at 7. Let's call the first trade at 5.

The Jags are in no-man's land at 5. They could have really used Jack there, but the injury kills that dream. I doubt Bosa, they picked up M. Jackson in the off-season, they have a ton of money tied to Jermey Parnell at RT, and Ramsey will be off the board.

Let's say a Jags to Tennessee, and the Jags pick Jack at 15.

At ten minutes per first round pick, and last year lasting 3 hours and 9 minutes, let's say this draft has more trades and goes a bit longer at 3:18.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

It looks like SD has a bullseye on Stanley, and Dallas loves Ramsey, so I will guess the Jags at 5 to a team moving up to get Buckner or Tunsil. The Ravens are the perfect landing spot for Tunsil, so somebody has to move up to get him. Maybe Tennessee at 15, Niners at 7. Let's call the first trade at 5.

The Jags are in no-man's land at 5. They could have really used Jack there, but the injury kills that dream. I doubt Bosa, they picked up M. Jackson in the off-season, they have a ton of money tied to Jermey Parnell at RT, and Ramsey will be off the board.

Let's say a Jags to Tennessee, and the Jags pick Jack at 15.

At ten minutes per first round pick, and last year lasting 3 hours and 9 minutes, let's say this draft has more trades and goes a bit longer at 3:18.

You wonder if the Jags might trade with San Diego to jump ahead of the Cowboys and draft Ramsey. Jags get their playmaker in the secondary, Chargers get extra pick(s) and no matter what will still get either Stanley/Tunsil.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
You wonder if the Jags might trade with San Diego to jump ahead of the Cowboys and draft Ramsey. Jags get their playmaker in the secondary, Chargers get extra pick(s) and no matter what will still get either Stanley/Tunsil.

Maybe, but SD's GM tipped his hand the other day saying that he has been locked in on his player before the trades up to 1 and 2. It means they have their player in mind, so I don't think they trade down. Since Tunsil was considered the number one before the trade, it probably means that he wasn't the pick. Thus, either Buckner, Ramsey or Stanley, and the chatter is that Stanley is the guy.

But, maybe you are right. If they grade similarly for SD, I could see the trade. Ramsey makes the most sense for the Jags.
Southern Mississippi CB Kalan Reed vs. MIssissippi St- 1 catch on 7 targets, 5 yards allowed. Two pass breakups.

Really underrated prospect.
MD. Been reading all your draft stuff for a long time. Love it. Especially these past two-three years where I haven't kept up with College football. So thanks!

What is the pick in the 1st and 2nd round that would make you say "Balkee will be gone next year"?
Southern Mississippi CB Kalan Reed vs. MIssissippi St- 1 catch on 7 targets, 5 yards allowed. Two pass breakups.

Really underrated prospect.

I believe they played Bama last year or the year before. Wonder what he did?
Share 49ersWebzone