There are 124 users in the forums

Christian Hackenberg

I didn't see a thread so I'm starting one. I think Hackenberg is severely underrated because Penn State had a bad offensive line.

Here's a video breakdown of Hackenberg:

Gruden's interview with Hackenberg:

Lets stop with the whole "bad offensive line" thing. Goff, Prescott and several others had really bad offensive lines and managed to function in spite of it. Hackenberg exacerbated the problem by holding on to the football too long and being indecisive.

Drafting a QB simply based on potential rarely works out.

With Hackenberg I see a guy that has the size and a cannon for an arm but not much else.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-quarterbacks-b99704527z1-376408321.html

People can make every excuse in the book for him but he just hasn't done it," another scout said. "He was a Bill O'Brien guy and he had some issues with Franklin. He hangs out more with managers than he does teammates. It tells me he likes to be king of the little people rather than king of the big people." Tendency to hold the ball led partly to 104 career sacks. "He doesn't have a clock in his head," said a third scout. "I understand they had a poor offensive line but that's too many sacks. Throw the ball away. Do something. He has talent but he scares the hell out of me."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 23, 2016 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lets stop with the whole "bad offensive line" thing. Goff, Prescott and several others had really bad offensive lines and managed to function in spite of it. Hackenberg exacerbated the problem by holding on to the football too long and being indecisive.

Drafting a QB simply based on potential rarely works out.

With Hackenberg I see a guy that has the size and a cannon for an arm but not much else.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-quarterbacks-b99704527z1-376408321.html

People can make every excuse in the book for him but he just hasn't done it," another scout said. "He was a Bill O'Brien guy and he had some issues with Franklin. He hangs out more with managers than he does teammates. It tells me he likes to be king of the little people rather than king of the big people." Tendency to hold the ball led partly to 104 career sacks. "He doesn't have a clock in his head," said a third scout. "I understand they had a poor offensive line but that's too many sacks. Throw the ball away. Do something. He has talent but he scares the hell out of me."

I know right......goff had what the 114th best ol in football and still did great......so might want to stop with the whole bad ol excuse
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Perfect username to start a thread on Hackenberg........Pick4six
Not a fan of Hackenberg
Any advocate of drafting Paxton Lynch should be a huge advocate of drafting Hack. Both are going to have to be complete, long-term overhauls if they want to even sniff success at the next level IMO. These guys need more work than Greece.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Any advocate of drafting Paxton Lynch should be a huge advocate of drafting Hack. Both are going to have to be complete, long-term overhauls if they want to even sniff success at the next level IMO. These guys need more work than Greece.

I'm intriguied with Lynch because he fits Chip's offense nicely. Hack is crap
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 23, 2016 at 9:08 PM ]
I want this guy less than I want Cook and that's saying something. This kid is what mentally damaged goods looks like. Would need to be rebuilt from the head down.
[ Edited by GoldenJoe on Apr 23, 2016 at 9:59 PM ]
I'd use a 8th round pick on him
Jets quarterback Christian Hackenberg has had some hilariously bad throws at Organized Team Activities.

As documented by Connor Hughes of NJ.com, Hackenberg has been missing his target repeatedly, often hitting the defense in the hands, and twice overthrowing his target so badly that the ball traveled off the practice field and hit reporters watching from the sidelines.

"When Hackenberg misses he really misses," Hughes writes. "He threw just two interceptions in team drills, but nearly tossed six others. And I'm not talking about a receiver falling down. I'm saying the defender just dropped the ball. Other times, the wideout/running back/tight end was wide open, and Hackenberg sailed it over his head or bounced it to him. That can't happen. In the three media-open OTAs, Hackenberg hit reporters with passes twice."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/08/christian-hackenberg-passes-hit-defenders-and-reporters-at-jets-otas/

• jcs
  • Veteran
Jets quarterback Christian Hackenberg has had some hilariously bad throws at Organized Team Activities.

As documented by Connor Hughes of NJ.com, Hackenberg has been missing his target repeatedly, often hitting the defense in the hands, and twice overthrowing his target so badly that the ball traveled off the practice field and hit reporters watching from the sidelines.

"When Hackenberg misses he really misses," Hughes writes. "He threw just two interceptions in team drills, but nearly tossed six others. And I'm not talking about a receiver falling down. I'm saying the defender just dropped the ball. Other times, the wideout/running back/tight end was wide open, and Hackenberg sailed it over his head or bounced it to him. That can't happen. In the three media-open OTAs, Hackenberg hit reporters with passes twice."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/08/christian-hackenberg-passes-hit-defenders-and-reporters-at-jets-otas/

lol
What a hack
Originally posted by jcs:

lol

Jets are all in on a 1st round QB next year.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Originally posted by jcs:

lol

Jets are all in on a 1st round QB next year.
They've worked hard to earn it.

He could end up starting some games for NYJ, that's how awful they are. McCown usually misses 3 or 4 based on past history and Petty isn't anything to write home about. Of course they could see to it Hackenburg starts a few games just to make sure they really suck.
Share 49erswebzone