49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 508 users in the forums

Perhaps we may trade down?

Browse 49ers books and videos
If Buckner is there at 7, and we trade back, I'll be very angry. Now, if someone like Bosa slides to 7, and we can get a good offer to move down a few spots, then I'm game for that, because Bosa doesn't really fit a 3-4 in my eyes. I can't wait to see what happens picks 1-6.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Buckner is there at 7, and we trade back, I'll be very angry. Now, if someone like Bosa slides to 7, and we can get a good offer to move down a few spots, then I'm game for that, because Bosa doesn't really fit a 3-4 in my eyes. I can't wait to see what happens picks 1-6.

I used to think Bosa wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4 either, just by watching his tape I didn't think he had the lateral quickness or coverage skills to be a OLB
The combine proved otherwise
Bosa had a faster 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle than Aldon Smith

The only thing suspect about the possibility of him playing in a 3-4 would be his coverage, but at least we know the intangibles are there.
Really hope we trade up and get Wentz.
I think there will be one or two more moves in the top ten.
I want BPA at 7, if Baalke trades down, it should ONLY happen if he picks up another second round pick in 2016. Moving down a few spots to pick up a 5th or 6th would be a waste, but that is what usually happens.

The most logical trade partner will be Tennessee. They want Tunelsil or Stanley, if the Niners trade down to 15 they can get a good DL or ol PLAYER at 15, the pick up a 2 areas of need in round 2. Not ideal, but could happen.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I want BPA at 7, if Baalke trades down, it should ONLY happen if he picks up another second round pick in 2016. Moving down a few spots to pick up a 5th or 6th would be a waste, but that is what usually happens.

Thst usually happens if youre in the latter part of the 1st round. Moving from 7 to say....10 is a 3rd round pick value. Moving from 7 to 13 is 2nd round pick value.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 17, 2016 at 7:11 AM ]
Baalke will wheel and deal like he always does. Up, down, and out. I honestly expect to end up with 2 picks in the first and still having a Second.
I think the Rams trade makes a trade down more unlikely in my opinion. We're guaranteed either Bosa, Jack, or Buckner if two QB's go before we pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by Niners418:
I think the Rams trade makes a trade down more unlikely in my opinion. We're guaranteed either Bosa, Jack, or Buckner if two QB's go before we pick.

And, don't forget Stanley.
Originally posted by Niners418:
I think the Rams trade makes a trade down more unlikely in my opinion. We're guaranteed either Bosa, Jack, or Buckner if two QB's go before we pick.

No telling how the team feels about Jack. If the concerns about his knee are legit then he may be off their board for the first round altogether.


People are assuming that its just a smokescreen but he went through an injury that is normally far less severe than an ACL tear but he still isnt at 100% at this point so who knows how that ends up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners418:
I think the Rams trade makes a trade down more unlikely in my opinion. We're guaranteed either Bosa, Jack, or Buckner if two QB's go before we pick.

No telling how the team feels about Jack. If the concerns about his knee are legit then he may be off their board for the first round altogether.


People are assuming that its just a smokescreen but he went through an injury that is normally far less severe than an ACL tear but he still isnt at 100% at this point so who knows how that ends up.

Good call!

Personally, I wouldn't draft him at #7 because of the injury.

We have so many needs we don't need to take the risk. AND it is a risk.

Get Buckner or trade down if he's gone.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Buckner is there at 7, and we trade back, I'll be very angry. Now, if someone like Bosa slides to 7, and we can get a good offer to move down a few spots, then I'm game for that, because Bosa doesn't really fit a 3-4 in my eyes. I can't wait to see what happens picks 1-6.

I used to think Bosa wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4 either, just by watching his tape I didn't think he had the lateral quickness or coverage skills to be a OLB
The combine proved otherwise
Bosa had a faster 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle than Aldon Smith

The only thing suspect about the possibility of him playing in a 3-4 would be his coverage, but at least we know the intangibles are there.

I agree I have no issue with Bosa turning into a 3-4 OLB he can be used all over the place IMO.

Kolohe added this clip in Bosa's thread at 2:50 I think he can become good enough in coverage when asked to do it personally.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners418:
I think the Rams trade makes a trade down more unlikely in my opinion. We're guaranteed either Bosa, Jack, or Buckner if two QB's go before we pick.

No telling how the team feels about Jack. If the concerns about his knee are legit then he may be off their board for the first round altogether.


People are assuming that its just a smokescreen but he went through an injury that is normally far less severe than an ACL tear but he still isnt at 100% at this point so who knows how that ends up.

Good call!

Personally, I wouldn't draft him at #7 because of the injury.

We have so many needs we don't need to take the risk. AND it is a risk.

Get Buckner or trade down if he's gone.

I have no issue drafting him at 7...he showed me at the pro day that he was fine IMO. 40 inch vert coming off surgery smoke screen from teams like the Giants would would kill to get this kid at 10.

I think it would be insane to pass on him if there.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Buckner is there at 7, and we trade back, I'll be very angry. Now, if someone like Bosa slides to 7, and we can get a good offer to move down a few spots, then I'm game for that, because Bosa doesn't really fit a 3-4 in my eyes. I can't wait to see what happens picks 1-6.

I used to think Bosa wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4 either, just by watching his tape I didn't think he had the lateral quickness or coverage skills to be a OLB
The combine proved otherwise
Bosa had a faster 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle than Aldon Smith

The only thing suspect about the possibility of him playing in a 3-4 would be his coverage, but at least we know the intangibles are there.

Smith is more athletic than those 2 times indicate. I wouldn't use a couple drills done one time as the absolute source of truth for which player has better lateral quickness (unless you want to argue that Bronson Kaufusi has better quickness than Aldon Smith). Bosa doesn't have Smith's length which was the primary reason for his success (along with playing behind Justin Smith).

I think Bosa could be a solid 3-4 OLB, but he's more valuable in a 4-3 defense. If Wentz, Goff, Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack, and Buckner are gone, I would prefer for us to trade back a bit. 4-3 teams will likely value Bosa higher than we do, so we should use that to our advantage.

The Bucs could use a 4-3 DE, and it wouldn't surprise me if they like Bosa enough to give us a 3rd round pick to move up 2 spots. It's probably a moot point as Bosa is still expected to go in the top 6 which will push one of those other players to the 49ers.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone