LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 334 users in the forums

Chip Kelly's Mock

Niners trade down to pick 7 LA for pick 15 and 45.

Round 1/Pick 15 Corey Coleman WR good fit for Kelly's system. We put Rogers at Split end and Coleman in the slot.

Round 2/Pick 37 Jason Spriggs RT best Zone Blocking Offensive Lineman in the draft. Even if Davis returns he doesn't fit the offense.

Round 2/Pick 45 Kevin Dodd OLB looked better in LB drills than Lawson did in there 49er workouts. Lemonier cut.

Round 3/pick 68 Nick Martin OC We move Kilgore to RG and trade either Tillerman or Martin

Round 4/Pick 105 Chris Jones DE

Round 4/Pick 133 Nick Vannett TE more well rounded player than we already have.

Round 5/Pick 142 Alex Collins RB nice compliment to Hyde.

Round 5/Pick 145 Kevin Hogan QB underrated

Round 5/Pick 174 Cyrus Jones CB

Round 6/Pick 178 Ian Seau OLB

Round 6/Pick 207 Jalin Marshall KR

Round 6/Pick 211 Joesph Cheek OG

Round 6/Pick 213 Chris Frost ILB
After pick 7, the talent from 8 to 40 is the same. The 9ers need talent, not more picks.
1. Larry Tunisil
2. Brenston Buckner
3. Bosa
4. Wentz
5. Goff
6. Jalen Ramsey
7. Myles Jack
8. Ezelea Elliott

This is a TOP heavy draft the Niners are in position to take an impact player. Trading down would be a mistake.
Originally posted by 9erred:
After pick 7, the talent from 8 to 40 is the same. The 9ers need talent, not more picks.
1. Larry Tunisil
2. Brenston Buckner
3. Bosa
4. Wentz
5. Goff
6. Jalen Ramsey
7. Myles Jack
8. Ezelea Elliott

This is a TOP heavy draft the Niners are in position to take an impact player. Trading down would be a mistake.

Agree! Let's see if Baalke has enough discipline to stick with one of the blue chippers.
1. Larry Tunisil
2. Brenston Buckner
3. Bosa
4. Wentz
5. Goff
6. Jalen Ramsey
7. Myles Jack
8. Ezelea Elliott

Yea but i doubt Balke takes a QB and the guys we need most will be gone like Bosa, Ramsey and Jack. And we're not going with Elliot so we probadly will not be in position to get them impact players. Plus in a top heavy draft you want more picks in the top rounds. We went for potential over talent last year and our 1st round pick only played 262 out of 1100 snaps. We need guys that can start. Balke will throw a 6th rounder into start but makes his 1st rounders sit. I think Coleman, Spriggs and Dodd can play right away.
[ Edited by SFBuckeye on Mar 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
Agree! Let's see if Baalke has enough discipline to stick with one of the blue chippers.
I see th draft rolling with Ramsey, Tunsil, Bucker, Jack, Bosa and one of the QBs being gone and us not liking the QB left. The. We either reach or trade down.
Why the hell would you ever trade with a division rival in a draft to help them move up to select a better player?

And if they get a superstar at #7 we can forever be known as the team who gave the Rams that player. Sounds great.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Why the hell would you ever trade with a division rival in a draft to help them move up to select a better player?

And if they get a superstar at #7 we can forever be known as the team who gave the Rams that player. Sounds great.

Well were like last place in our division and we have to do what's best for our team. if Balke thinks Goff is a bust why wouldn't he want the Rams to have him at the cost of there first 2 picks. It simple if Balke this Goff is a bust we trade back. We can't run the Rams franchise. Calm down a little it's not that serious.
Hhmmm daily mock drafts I guess less doesn't equal more ...I think your daily mocks would be better if they wasn't 90% same players and or trades ...
1. Larry Tunisil
2. Brenston Buckner
3. Bosa
4. Wentz
5. Goff
6. Jalen Ramsey
7. Myles Jack
8. Ezelea Elliott

Complete disagree. There's plenty of talent through the top 20-25 picks.

They may not be elite talent like Tunisil, Brenston Buckner, or Ezelea Elliot, but still talent to build around.
Not quite sure how Coleman fits Chip Kelly's mold but ok whatever.

My issue starts with round 2 with Dodd. I think you're being unrealistic with a lot of the guys you have going where they are. Doubtful Dodd would be around at 37 let alone 45 and Chris Jones in the 4th isn't happening. Too talented of a player.

Originally posted by genus49:
Not quite sure how Coleman fits Chip Kelly's mold but ok whatever.

My issue starts with round 2 with Dodd. I think you're being unrealistic with a lot of the guys you have going where they are. Doubtful Dodd would be around at 37 let alone 45 and Chris Jones in the 4th isn't happening. Too talented of a player.

I keep telling people everyone can't go in round 1. 50 different people have been projected in round 1 someone has to fall it happens every year.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Hhmmm daily mock drafts I guess less doesn't equal more ...I think your daily mocks would be better if they wasn't 90% same players and or trades ...

Don't know what your talking about. 6 of them guys have never been in any of my mocks. People on here cracking me up taking offense to people's mocks. Like your forced to read them. This is for fun were all pumped waiting for the draft. I swear some of these people have 20 thousand post milestones all from personal attacks.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Yea but i doubt Balke takes a QB and the guys we need most will be gone like Bosa, Ramsey and Jack. And we're not going with Elliot so we probadly will not be in position to get them impact players. Plus in a top heavy draft you want more picks in the top rounds. We went for potential over talent last year and our 1st round pick only played 262 out of 1100 snaps. We need guys that can start. Balke will throw a 6th rounder into start but makes his 1st rounders sit. I think Coleman, Spriggs and Dodd can play right away.

We are drafting 7 and he lists 8 major league impact players. Two of them, at the very least, will still be available when we pick. Maybe more. I stick.
Originally posted by English:
We are drafting 7 and he lists 8 major league impact players. Two of them, at the very least, will still be available when we pick. Maybe more. I stick.

I think their are 4 top tier players that can start from day1. 4 guys that could be taken with the number 1 pick. Tunsil, Ramsey, Bosa And Jack. There's no way Balke goes RB at 7 so he is out. It all depends upon how Kelly feels about the QBs. When Harbaugh was coach he told Balke that Kapernick was the QB he wanted so Balke went out and got him. Otherwise he has ignored the position except for BJ Daniels. During the draft we will figure out if Kelly wanted one of the QBs immediately. We will not take Stanley at 7 because 1 he would have to play RT or Guard and 2 because he's not a zone blocking type tackle. Buckner could be an option but I think the Ravens take him if they don't make a deal with the Rams. We could easily end up with the best defensive guys being gone and Chip not wanting Goff. In that situation it only makes sense to get the best trade we can get which might be with LA since they have the greatest need.
Share 49ersWebzone