There are 230 users in the forums

NYniner85 pre-combine mock 2016

Originally posted by dlance:
I didn't think CJ was a very good WR and most reception he ever had in a yr was something like 29. I only watch 1 or 2 of his games so I'm not the best to judge him. Cleveland sound like they want Wentz. if it come down to Wentz or Spence that would be a tough choice only because Spence was kicked off of Ohio state.Saying that if Spence had not gotten into trouble he probably would not last to pick 7. I not 100% sold on Wentz being a franchise QB. He would be great in chips Offense if he can read a defense. I hope Goff make it to 7.

I haven't heard anything stating they want wentz over Goff...I don't beleive anything teams say right now...Hue coached at Cal so I think he's well untuned with the program.

I'm not saying CJ was a stud WR but he has experience there more than soild as a RB pass catcher...in 10 games he had over 1,300 yards from scrimmage.

I know spence was kicked out of OSU, he was a five star prospect and was doing well while at OSU...from everything I've read he's grown up and past the drugs he said he welcomes drug testing.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ohio-state-buckeyes-noah-spence-dl-eastern-kentucky-colonels-ecstasy-addiction-comeback-102015
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Thank you for the more reasonable look at how this offseason may go. Kudos to you, sir.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Thank you for the more reasonable look at how this offseason may go. Kudos to you, sir.

Thanks
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol yeah I was a big David Johnson fan

If Perkins is there in the 4th I wouldn't hate it...id hope he'd be more than Dexter mccluster type of RB though.
I was a bigger one

C'mon, McCluster was around 170 pounds at the Combine. Perkins is listed at 210 now.

edit:
where is the Perkins-bandwaggon?
http://nfldraftsquad.com/prospect-spotlight-paul-perkins-rb-ucla/

Is he up to 210? I like that if he's there in the 4th have no issue...CBS has him as a 3rd pick right now though
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 16, 2016 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I also seriously doubt Trent uses all 12 picks. He knows he needs guy who can step in and make a difference early so I see him using some picks to move around or out all together. My guess will be 7 or 8 picks total. My personal guess is he will get 4 players out of the 1st-3rd rounds.

Yeah I exspect a lot of movement and wouldn't be surprise if Baalke grabbed a pick for next year as well seems to be his M.O.
I hate the only film on Rashard Robinson is him covering Mike Evans. He did a good job on him and it's amazing how much offensive P.I. the refs let Evans get away with.
Duke Williams would be brilliant in the 6th round
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I hate the only film on Rashard Robinson is him covering Mike Evans. He did a good job on him and it's amazing how much offensive P.I. the refs let Evans get away with.

Yeah I hope he drops to the 5th because of the lack of film...he has all the intangibles you want in a CB might be a great sleeper pick
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
Duke Williams would be brilliant in the 6th round

He does have the size that chip loves in his WRs but he also doesn't put up with the nonsense...it's crazy the guy might not get drafted for being lazy and punching teammates. He did get invited to the combine which should help him explain his self...I remember people talking about him being a top 50 pick this time last year.
Honestly wouldn't mind a free agent WR from the outside. Matthews, Sanu, Randle all could be had without breaking the bank. Jones would likely be overpaid, but very good.

I like the mock, very realistic. I do think we can sign at least 1 of the "top" guys though.

BTW, Johnstone has torn the ACL twice. Therefore round 6 at the very earliest, imho.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 16, 2016 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Honestly wouldn't mind a free agent WR from the outside. Matthews, Sanu, Randle all could be had without breaking the bank. Jones would likely be overpaid, but very good.

I like the mock, very realistic. I do think we can sign at least 1 of the "top" guys though.

I almost put Sanu in there but preferred Miller, Randle has the size chip likes just hasn't been able to put it all together, and Matthews isn't a upgrade...I think the WR FA market is very weak and everyone is gonna get over paid IMO just because you have cash doesn't mean you have to invest all of it.

My top guy was Mack he's not gonna be cheap..id like to grab someone like Jackson or smith but just judging on baalkes past I don't see it happening.
i'm hoping there is some packaging of picks to move up from the lower rounds or to get picks for next year. although i do think this is a year where a number of picks make the 53 and don't end up on a practice squad.
Originally posted by communist:
BTW, Johnstone has torn the ACL twice. Therefore round 6 at the very earliest, imho.

Yeah he did play this last season though..before his injuries they were comparing him to joe Staley. It's a shot in the dark and he most likely is red shirt a year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah he did play this last season though..before his injuries they were comparing him to joe Staley. It's a shot in the dark and he most likely is red shirt a year.

The Joe Staley comparison wasn't realistic pre-injury - the guy has short arms and isn't nearly as athletic. That said, we're not likely to find anyone close to Joe Staley in the 6th round so I don't hate the pick.

Like the draft overall, but don't like Spence at 7. You can count the successful edge rushers with under 32.5" arms on one hand right now I believe (maybe one finger if Clay Matthews is the only one and he's playing inside linebacker right now). Jared Allen was another successful pass rusher with short arms, but these guys are few and far between. I'd much rather have Buckner or Jack at 7 and one of them should be there in my opinion.

Bosa, Tunsil, Goff, and Ramsey will be gone, so we just need one team to take Wentz or Stanley instead.
Share 49ersWebzone