There are 145 users in the forums

Which position would you like to see us draft in 1st round?

Which position would you like to see us draft in 1st round?

I think that I am leaning more towards us grabbing the best pass rusher. Even if that means we might have to give up a second round pick, or something else, to move up a few spots.

Which position is easier to gauge if a player will be able to take that next step a become a good professional, OL or Pass Rusher?

I don't know about generally speaking, but it seems that Baalke is able to find better pass rushers then offensive linemen.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
I think that I am leaning more towards us grabbing the best pass rusher. Even if that means we might have to give up a second round pick, or something else, to move up a few spots.

Which position is easier to gauge if a player will be able to take that next step a become a good professional, OL or Pass Rusher?

I don't know about generally speaking, but it seems that Baalke is able to find better pass rushers then offensive linemen.

There is a draft forum section to the boards. A question like this is more appropriate there. We have some very knowledgeable posters on this forum who do a really good job providing a ton of good info to the board. I won't name anyone in particular because I don't want to offend someone I might miss, but it's a great place to talk Niners draft.
Originally posted by WINiner:

There is a draft forum section to the boards. A question like this is more appropriate there. We have some very knowledgeable posters on this forum who do a really good job providing a ton of good info to the board. I won't name anyone in particular because I don't want to offend someone I might miss, but it's a great place to talk Niners draft.

I know buddy, but more people come to NT, so I figured the thread would get a little more action in here.
I know buddy, but more people come to NT, so I figured the thread would get a little more action in here.

It won't, buddy, because the mods will move it. Your desire to have it seen by more people is inconsequential. If people want to talk draft they will go to the appropriate forum.
Just from where things stand, there's not a single OLB(what I assume you mean by passrusher), that I think is worth taking with the 49ers pick.
At 7 there isn't a OLB worth moving up for...bosa is a beast but would he play DE or OLB?

IMO spencer is there perfect fit for SF at OLB but he's got a ton of off the field question marks. We could use help at a lot of postions an BPA would make sense.

Personally I like Buckner, treadwell, or jack at 7.

As far as OL I hope that we take care of that (an pass rush) in FA. I think they'll be looking at OG in the 2-4 rounds because IMO thats what we'll need more that OT.
This is a cop out but it depends on who is available at our pick.
Have to see who is signed in FA first.
Originally posted by jreff22:
This is a cop out but it depends on who is available at our pick.

As always. Look what happened last year with the #1 regarded prospect landing in the Jets laps because of some injury concerns.

Its not inconceivable that someone drops or that the team opts to trade down once or twice.
At this point...where the Niners sit...I'd be happy with Buckner, Jack or Stanley. Guys that will most likely be out of their range but I'd also be happy with would be Goff or Ramsey. WR is a need but I think they would be better served grabbing one later and in FA

Depends on the FA(for example if we sign Muhammed Wilkerson there is no way we are going to pick Buckner) and who is available at #7(for example if Tunsil and Stanley are gone we will probably not go OL in the first round).
  • Andra
  • Veteran
With 9 votes in pass rusher has taken a commanding lead. Noah Spence it is. make it happen Baalke
Originally posted by Andra:
With 9 votes in pass rusher has taken a commanding lead. Noah Spence it is. make it happen Baalke

Noah Spence at #7? Seriously? At #7? He's a good 3-4 OLB but he has lots of red flags.
Buckner
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Originally posted by Andra:

Noah Spence at #7? Seriously? At #7? He's a good 3-4 OLB but he has lots of red flags.

I know he's a f**kup, but he is also the best pass rusher in the draft. If some how Baalke felt OK with drafting him I would be down with it.
Share 49ersWebzone