There are 227 users in the forums

Myles Garrett - Edge Rusher

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers will be drafting Luke Falk next year. Eli Harold and Tank Carradine still can redeem themselves.

even if harold and tank break out, i think we would still take Garrett if we had the chance. Cant pass up on an opportunity to draft one of the most dominant pass rushers to come out of college in this millennium

well, considering the millennium is only 15 years old...

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I just watched his highlight video posted above. Not being sarcastic but, does he have any other moves besides out running the tackle? Seemed like almost every sack was him blazing past the lineman.

This was a common complaint about Von Miller when he came out too. If your fast and strong enough, sometimes it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by shmuck:
This was a common complaint about Von Miller when he came out too. If your fast and strong enough, sometimes it doesn't matter.

He has a variety of moves but with his athleticism is able to fly right past and around most tackles. He was beating guys off the ball so badly that some pretty good tackles ended up looking just silly.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
They aren't going to be able to beat up Indy and Houston yet.

Why not? Their offense was already putting up huge numbers now theyve upgraded their defense significantly. I could see Jacksonville winning 8 or 9 games this year.

I think Jax could easily be a 10 win team. Their offense is already one of the best. I doubt anybody would reasonably dispute that. And they've just injected a Peter North load of talent into that defense. They may win that division. It's not like the Colts, Texans or Titans are running away with anything.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think Jax could easily be a 10 win team. Their offense is already one of the best. I doubt anybody would reasonably dispute that. And they've just injected a Peter North load of talent into that defense. They may win that division. It's not like the Colts, Texans or Titans are running away with anything.

They won free agency then killed the draft. I think the AFC comes down to Pitt, New England and Jacksonville. But I'm thinking Pittsburgs got it this year without any major injuries.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on May 5, 2016 at 8:48 AM ]

With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers select.........

Myles Garrett Defensive End, Texas A&M........

• okdkid
  • Veteran
If you want Myles Garrett then you are rooting that either Gabbert or Kap becomes an unquestioned NFL starter by the end of the year. No shot at Garrett if we have a QB need headed into the draft.
If you want Myles Garrett then you are rooting that either Gabbert or Kap becomes an unquestioned NFL starter by the end of the year. No shot at Garrett if we have a QB need headed into the draft.

Nope both Gabbert N Krappernick start 1-13

Thus the start of the Driskel era starts we end the Season on a 2 game winning Streak

3-13 N officially get the 1st pick in next yrs draft.

Would be hard to pass up a guy like Garrett, especially if Watson was the 1st pick in the draft. If Armstead and Buckner step up and Lynch continues to progress, with Bowman hopefully playing more like himself after the injury, then adding Garrett could make for a front seven that keeps QB's and offensive coordinators up at night.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 5, 2016 at 4:04 PM ]

Would be hard to pass up a guy like Garrett, especially if Watson was the 1st pick in the draft. If Armstead and Buckner step up and Lynch continues to progress, with Bowman hopefully playing more like himself after the injury, then adding Garrett could make for a front seven that keeps QB's and offensive coordinators up at night.

agreed! im not big on Watson either. Rather take Garrett and trade back into the first for 2nd tier QB prospect. I got faith though that Gabbs will do good and make that decision easier

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers select.........

Myles Garrett Defensive End, Texas A&M........

this guy is like a bigger stronger Von Miller. Our defense would be complete with him.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Nope both Gabbert N Krappernick start 1-13

Thus the start of the Driskel era starts we end the Season on a 2 game winning Streak

3-13 N officially get the 1st pick in next yrs draft.

or how about you stay Tru, and root for your red N Gold to win as much as they could.....

Then trade to # 1 overall before the 2017 draft
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 5, 2016 at 5:58 PM ]
  • Elric
  • Veteran
1# one overall all is going t be a QB
It doesn't matter that your the best player on everyone's draft board all year long there is going to come a need
So we need to slide in to at least to have a shot #2.
Think out side the box.

Yup agree 100%..and I'm a big big fan of Watson..im thinking getting Garrett in the 1st then a QB in the 2nd..Phoenix what do you think about Patrick Mahomes from Texa Tech..??
We are all assuming Watson will be the top QB come next year. He very well could be but history also suggest top QBs projections for a following year can drop (Hackenberg, Locker, Boyd)
Share 49ersWebzone