LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 177 users in the forums

Dak Prescott

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Matt Ryan is no slouch. Also, Matt Ryan is better than Andy Dalton.

Matt Ryan is a fraud. Look how badly he sucked when Julio Jones was injured. He'll blow it again when it matters most. You'll see...
He played great when Julio was out. Only bad game I see all year is against the Eagles and that wasn't even bad.

26 TDs & 17 picks & under 7 yards an attempt the year Julio was injured. And that's in a division that had zero defense at the time. Ryan's a fraud. That's why he always gets exposed when he plays real teams.

Give me an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco who doesn't put up gaudy stats but shows up for big games. The Alex Smiths, Andy Daltons, Matt Ryans of the world will always disappoint in the postseason. You'll see.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 4, 2017 at 5:51 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Matt Ryan is no slouch. Also, Matt Ryan is better than Andy Dalton.

Matt Ryan is a fraud. Look how badly he sucked when Julio Jones was injured. He'll blow it again when it matters most. You'll see...
He played great when Julio was out. Only bad game I see all year is against the Eagles and that wasn't even bad.

26 TDs & 17 picks & under 7 yards an attempt the year Julio was injured. And that's in a division that had zero defense at the time. Ryan's a fraud. That's why he always gets exposed when he plays real teams.

Give me an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco who doesn't put up gaudy stats but shows up for big games. The Alex Smiths, Andy Daltons, Matt Ryans of the world will always disappoint in the postseason. You'll see.

I was talking about this year. He clearly has gotten better. I never thought much of him in the past. I want to see if he can do it again next year and see what he does in the playoffs also. But this was a great season for him, better than Andy Dalton will probably ever do. I still say Ryan is above Andy Dalton
I was talking about this year. He clearly has gotten better. I never thought much of him in the past. I want to see if he can do it again next year and see what he does in the playoffs also. But this was a great season for him, better than Andy Dalton will probably ever do. I still say Ryan is above Andy Dalton

Ok. If he's gotten better, then he should be able to win in the postseason. And if he does, I'll come back & say he's better than I've been giving him credit for. He has plenty of talent around him, and he even has home-field advantage in the playoffs. So win a game or continue to wear the "overrated choker" moniker.

Ok. If he's gotten better, then he should be able to win in the postseason. And if he does, I'll come back & say he's better than I've been giving him credit for. He has plenty of talent around him, and he even has home-field advantage in the playoffs. So win a game or continue to wear the "overrated choker" moniker.

Go back and look at his post season records. It shows that he has been good most of the time.

08 threw for 2 tds. His team got beat in the WC on the road. Defense gave up 30 pts
10 his defense gave up 48 points to GB. Joe Montana wouldnt have beat the Packers this game
12 threw for 6 tds in 2 games including 3 against the great SF 49ers defense.

Saying he is a choker because he hasnt made it to the SB is wrong. Thats like saying Dan Marino sucked and was a choker because he never won a SB and got killed by the Niners in SB19. Having a defense helps a bit.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
That defense failed him in the playoff loss to us.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Go back and look at his post season records. It shows that he has been good most of the time.

08 threw for 2 tds. His team got beat in the WC on the road. Defense gave up 30 pts
10 his defense gave up 48 points to GB. Joe Montana wouldnt have beat the Packers this game

Cherry picky...

Matt Ryan has 9 postseason TDs and 10 postseason turnovers including 3 fumbles. One of which was fumbling a shotgun snap against the Niners that ended up costing him the game.

He's the chokiest of chokers. And sucking on offense means more opportunities for the other team to score.

Cherry picky...

Matt Ryan has 9 postseason TDs and 10 postseason turnovers including 3 fumbles. One of which was fumbling a shotgun snap against the Niners that ended up costing him the game.

He's the chokiest of chokers. And sucking on offense means more opportunities for the other team to score.

lol. whatever. The guy is very possibly going to be the MVP of the league. Dax Prescott would be the ROY almost any year but will finish 2nd this year. Yet, both of these guys are no good or overrated. I only wish the Niners could have either of these chokers.
lol. whatever. The guy is very possibly going to be the MVP of the league.

So was another mediocre QB named Cam Newton. Awards mean s**t.

But of course they're better than Kaepernick. Mediocre > bad. That's not saying much. Although Kaepernick's efficiency numbers & postseason performances are almost identical to Cam's.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 4, 2017 at 10:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I agree with you that he's overrated, but I don't know why you think the talent around him on offense won't continue to help him during the playoffs. Their offensive line is still going to be dominant and he still has one of if not the best RB in the league. You could put almost any QB on the Cowboys and they'd win 10+ games. I'd rank Sam Bradford way ahead of Prescott because he puts up numbers with no help on offense.

They went through three or four different QBs last year and were good enough to have the fourth pick in the draft.

I think people are way underestimating Prescott. The talent around him helps but in the end he still has to make the throws and keep the chains moving, game in, game out. For a rookie he has done a damn good job and with his work ethic I expect him to only get better.

I should have said starting QBs rather than just QBs. Matt Cassell was new to the Cowboys and hasn't been any good for years anyways. Kellen Moore has no arm and shouldn't be in the league. Weeden put up decent stats, but is no more than a backup in the league. In 2014, the Cowboys were 12-4 under Tony Romo. In 2015, they were 3-1 under Tony Romo. Romo is a decent QB, but definitely not a top 10 QB in the league and may not be a top 15 QB - he was just surrounded by a ton of talent like Prescott is now.

The Cowboys also improved from 2015 to 2016 outside of the QB position. Their running game got way better with the additions of Ezekiel Elliott and Alfred Morris, and Dez Bryant played 13 games, up from 9 in 2015.

Their defense improved as well, allowing only 1336 rush yards against them and 3.9 yards per carry after allowing close to 2000 rush yards last year on 4.2 yards per carry. Their net yards per attempt in the passing game also improved from 6.8 to 6.2. Some of that was due to the improvements on offense giving the defense more time to rest and giving them a lead, but they also added Maliek Collins and David Irving has emerged as an impact player in recent weeks.

Elliott is a bigger upgrade over Darren McFadden than Prescott is over Romo in my opinion. He does everything well - he's solid in pass protection, gets tons of RAC, can run up the middle, and has the speed to take it to the house. Prescott completed over 80% of his passes to Elliott for almost 10 yards per target.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a more beneficial situation for a QB than the Cowboys in 2016. In the games I watched, the Cowboys routinely had 3rd and short situations of 3-4 yards, so Prescott was rarely forced to throw the ball downfield. Elliott was great at getting positive yards on almost every attempt and the play-calling protected Prescott by putting him in favorable situations and asking him to throw check-downs on 3rd and long which inflated his completion percentage.

One good thing about Prescott is that he threw for 19 first downs on 67 attempts in 3rd and 7+ which is a pretty good first down rate. It's interesting comparing Prescott's split stats to someone like Andrew Luck. Prescott threw more check down-passes and had a high completion percentage, but Andrew Luck completed a higher percentage of first downs on 3rd and long throwing the ball downfield more often. Rodgers and Brady both converted a much higher percentage of 3rd and long situations which is to be expected.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/splits/2016/
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Jan 4, 2017 at 10:43 PM ]

The good ol days
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo Dak Prescott is the first rookie starting QB to throw 3 TD passes in a postseason game in the Super Bowl era (since 1966).

Ninersickness feeling sick right now. LOL Ryan and Dak played awesome. As expected...
Ninersickness feeling sick right now. LOL Ryan and Dak played awesome. As expected...

Are you kidding? I was gonna come here to gloat. He had a chance to win the game, and he didn't have enough.

Meaningless yardage in meaningless, regular-season games amounts to nothing if you can't put the game away in the playoffs. And that's not to say he's a bad QB, which I never said he is. He's decent.

Ryan, on the other hand, proved me wrong. He's better than I gave him credit for. Let's see if it's because Seattle was decimated or because he stepped up his game...
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM ]

Are you kidding? I was gonna come here to gloat. He had a chance to win the game, and he didn't have enough.

Meaningless yardage in meaningless, regular-season games amounts to nothing if you can't put the game away in the playoffs. And that's not to say he's a bad QB, which I never said he is. He's decent.

Ryan, on the other hand, proved me wrong. He's better than I gave him credit for. Let's see if it's because Seattle was decimated or because he stepped up his game...

LMAO Not even worth wasting my time on someone who thinks Dak was only "decent" today. You are wrong. Just admit it. The kid has all the qualities to be special and he had am amazing rookie year. As for Ryan.. well DUH. He is an elite QB right now but so glad to hear that you think he is "better than you gave him credit for"

Coming in here to gloat. That seriously is the funniest thing I have read in here in a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone