There are 216 users in the forums

Who would you want as a first round pick if it came down to these 3 players and why:

Who would you want as a first round pick if it came down to these 3 players and why:

Goff has been compared to a Bay Area native version of Joe Flacco. He provides QB Security, can sit for a year and learn, and can be paid relatively little for the highest paying position in football allowing us to put money into the rest of the team or free agents for 4-5 years.

Treadwell has been compared to a young Dez Bryant, he can open up our offense so defenses can't stack the box. He is very young (which Baalke likes) and would probably grow into being an even more dominant player.

Jaylon Smith has been deemed the second coming of Patrick Willis. He would drastically help our defense with tackling and splash plays all while bringing a charismatic presence to the field.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Dec 12, 2015 at 5:10 AM ]
Jaylon. We don't need a 1st round pick receiver, imo, and I am unconvinced of the wisdom of spending a high first round pick on a QB when Gabbert is just working his way in. But we do need players on the D who can be leaders.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Lynch
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Goff has been compared to a Bay Area native version of Joe Flacco. He provides QB Security, can sit for a year and learn, and can be paid relatively little for the highest paying position in football allowing us to put money into the rest of the team or free agents for 4-5 years.

Treadwell has been compared to a young Dez Bryant, he can open up our offense so defenses can't stack the box. He is very young (which Baalke likes) and would probably grow into being an even more dominant player.

Jaylon Smith has been deemed the second coming of Patrick Willis. He would drastically help our defense with tackling and splash plays all while bringing a charismatic presence to the field.

Goff is mostly compared to Matt Ryan, Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers. He doesn't looks like Joe Flacco at all IMO.
Can't stand Flacco.
Jaylon

We need a dominant defense
Smith because he's the best player out of the three and we need help all over the place.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Jaylon, he can bring back Aldrunk Smith's pass rushing ability and is a better all around OLB..

Treadwell doesn't belong in the top 20 in my opinion

Goff should stay in school and solidify his position.. Right now, he's between USC's Barkely and Leinhart during their Jr year.
Who compares Goff to Flacco? They arent all that similar other than maybe height.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Goff should stay in school and solidify his position.. Right now, he's between USC's Barkely and Leinhart during their Jr year.

Stay in school to do what? His team is terrible, this isnt like Luck hanging around to win a national title.

He's a sure fire Top 10 pick this year, what does spending another year behind one of the worst OL's in the country earn besides more beatings?

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for joaosoarrs99.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Jaylon, he can bring back Aldrunk Smith's pass rushing ability and is a better all around OLB..

Treadwell doesn't belong in the top 20 in my opinion

If he stays in college the best he could do is upgrade his draft stock from top-15 to top-5.

And remember he's a niner fan if we play well next year he will probably be out of our reach so this maybe his best chance to play for the team he loves.
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Dec 12, 2015 at 10:41 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Jared Goff and is not even close :

1) The need is there, Kap will be cut and we no longer have a franchise QB going forward. In this league, you need a legit QB to win.

2) We have the pick to take a top QB prospect, in other words we won't need to just settle for some 2nd or 3rd rounders.

3) While we have the pick in this coming draft, we won't come 2017 as common sense says the team should be doing at least marginally better in 2016, thus won't be drafting high enough to land a proper top QB talent.

4) If you don't draft Goff, what if Gabbert can only take us up to the middle of the pack and can't go any further? At that point, you won't have anyone with potential waiting in the wings. And if they only decide to draft a QB in 2017, as mentioned they won't be drafting high enough plus you will still need sit the rookie behind a vet ideally and that is yet another year wasted.
i
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Who compares Goff to Flacco? They arent all that similar other than maybe height.

i believe flacco is lynch's pro comparison and matt ryan is Goff's pro comparison
Jaylon fits our scheme and we can play him as OLB if we need him to.
i would like jaylon smith. But the only thing that could effect this is how Hodges playes. If Hodges plays lights out, ILB wont be an immediate need. PLus if we keep winning i dont think he will be available to us, especially after he blows it up at the combine.

Goff is hard to predict. He seems have a short ceiling. Hasnt really impressed and has big bust potential.

Treadwell is someone i do not know much about but we will never utilize WRs to their max potential.

The verdict...Jaylon Smith. But would rather go O-line or pass rusher
Share 49ersWebzone