There are 188 users in the forums

The "Rebuild" Mock (Not a "Re-Load")

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Jed York made the same mistake Al Davis made when he let go Jon Gruden to the Bucs, and needs to clean house immediately instead of waiting 15 years until putting the right staff together...especially when dead. Baalke, Tomsula, and the coordinators are dismissed.

Front Office/Coaching Staff Changes -

New GM: George Paton (Asst. GM - Vikings). The Vikings have done a remarkable job re-building the team within 2 years due to strong coaching and personnel moves. We need to replicate their success.

HC: Hue Jackson (OC - Bengals). Players coach with a mastery of the offensive side. He's been a HC, OC, WR coach, QB coach, defensive assistant, and more across college and pro. If you want a teacher, Jackson is your guy.

OC: Ken Wisenhunt (HC - Titans). Horrid HC, but outstanding OC that's damn creative in the run and passing games.

DC: Vance Joseph (DB Coach - Bengals). Up and coming defensive coach that is a FA after this year. We run a hybrid scheme.

Player Personnel Moves -

Resign: Williams (NT), A. Davis (OL - Unretires), Wilhoite (ILB - RFA), Dawson (K), Celek (TE)

Cut: Kaepernick (QB), Pears (OT), Bethea (S), Brooks (DE/LB), Dorsey (NT/DE), Patton (WR)

Trade: Tank Carradine for Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson

Free Agency:

Sam Bradford - QB - Eagles: Vet QB that could thrive under Jackson, but a starter until our rookie is ready to start. *Med cost*

Mohamed Sanu - WR - Bengals: Provides proven youth to the WR unit. *Med cost*

Jermaine Gresham - TE - Cardinals: Replaces Davis and competes with McDonald, Celek, and Bell for the starting job. *Low cost*

Andre Smith - RT - Bengals: Top 5 right tackle in the NFL, and the Bengals drafted his replacement in this past draft. *High cost*

Amini Silatolu - OT/OG - Panthers: Former 2nd round pick that's been a backup so far. Competes with Thomas for the LG gig. *Low cost*

Muhammad Wilkerson - DT/DE - Jets: Justin Smith's real replacement. One of the best 3-4 DL players in the game. *High cost*

NFL Draft - #6 Pick

R1: Laquon Treadwell - WR - Ole Miss: Assuming Bosa, Nkemdiche, and the top OL guys are off the board, we go BPA and Treadwell is a beast at WR.

R2: Dan Voltz - C - Wisconsin: Every good O-line needs a blue chip center, and Voltz is that guy. Competes with Kilgore.

R3: Jacoby Brissett - QB - NC State: Mobile and smart, Brissett reminds me a bit of Alex Smith. Good development for the future.

R4: Kris Frost - LB - Auburn: Nice fit as a 4-3 OLB, 3-4 ILB with his skill sets. Love his ability to find the ball and make plays.

R4: Cyrus Jones - CB - Alabama (comp): Playmaker with a lot of starting experience in a pro scheme. Ward shifts to safety and Jones takes his place.

R5: Antwaun Woods - NT - USC: Security blanket to Ian Williams, but a promising 3-4 NT for our scheme.

R5: Tra Carson - RB - Texas A&M (via SD): Big back that has a similar skill set to Carlos Hyde.

R5: Tyler Marz - OT - Wisconsin (comp): Developmental OT that learns behind Staley.

R6: Matt Ioannidis - DT/DE - Temple (via DAL): If available, Ioannidis is a much better fit as a 3-4 DE than Carradine ever was.

R6: Pete Robertson - DE/LB - Texas Tech (comp): Should go higher but some off-field issues may put him here. Strong pass rusher.

Depth Chart:

QB: Bradford*/Brissett*/Gabbert
RB: Hyde/Davis/Carson*/Gaskins
FB: Miller
TE: Gresham*/Celek/McDonald/Bell

WR: Smith/Ellington
WR: Treadwell*/Smelter*
WR: Sanu*/Patterson*

LT: Staley/Marz*
LG: Thomas/Silatou*
C: Voltz*/Kilgore
RG: Davis/Martin
RT: Smith*

DE/DT: Wilkerson*/Ionnidis*
NT: Williams/Woods*
DE/DT: Dial/Armstead

DE/LB: Harold/Lemonier
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Hodges/Frost*
DE/LB: Lynch/Robertson*

CB: Brock/Jones*
CB: Acker/Johnson/Reaser
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Tartt/McCray

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson
Titans are not getting rid of whisenhunt after this year, not bad overall tho
I like what you done but we don't have enough cap space to sign Wilkerson, Smith, Bradford, Sanu and Greshman.

New GM: George Paton (Asst. GM - Vikings)

He has turned down several teams in recent years and is reportedly content as an assistant GM.

I'm also not that enamored with their drafts. Patterson was a horrible pick, Kalil has been mediocre for such a high pick, they've made some really questionable decisions.

If they bring in a GM, I want someone from the Packers, Steelers or another successful organization.
We must go Offense(OL, WR, QB doesn t matter) in the first and second rounds
[ Edited by Judge82Dredd on Nov 1, 2015 at 6:26 PM ]
I like the coaching moves even though I don't see wisehunt going anywhere.

FA is a pipe dream though...There's no reason to resign MW IMO. What's the point of signing Sanu if we have smith, smelter, Ellington and your drafting wr in the 1st? I'd rather let our current TEs play then bring in other in FA as well. Where's Andre smith playing on the line if Davis comes back?

Oh and I want NO part of Bradford and not sure why anyone would...if he can't score PTs in Chip Kelly's offense I don't see it happening here.

If we can get Wilkerson and resign Boone I'd be happy as hell. I like the LB from ND as well.

Overall not too shabby if half of that happens id be surprised and happy.
  • Ike49
Why are we taking a WR with our first pick?

Why are people so bent on adding more and more WRs?

We got Torrey Smith and I say we keep Simpson and of course Ellington. That's a great and young core, more than enough talent to build around. WR can wait not that high of a need.
Would you rather just have us change our name to the Bengals? Holy crap. Everyone is from Cincy
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 1, 2015 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Ike49:

We got Torrey Smith and I say we keep Simpson and of course Ellington. That's a great and young core, more than enough talent to build around. WR can wait not that high of a need.

I actually think our receivers are fine. Different skill sets that compliment each other well. It's the O-line (1), QB (2), and play calling (3) that is holding them back. Outside of adding a replacement for Boldin, and it isn't necessary that we do this in the first round, I think we're ok. Am I alone in this?
  • Ike49
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I actually think our receivers are fine. Different skill sets that compliment each other well. It's the O-line (1), QB (2), and play calling (3) that is holding them back. Outside of adding a replacement for Boldin, and it isn't necessary that we do this in the first round, I think we're ok. Am I alone in this?

Add in Smelter too. WR is definitely something we should not be spending our first round pick on.

Love Treadwell, but passing on a QB in round 1 is meh.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I do think they need a true playmaker on offense with the decline of VD and Boldin likely gone. That said I'd rather see them go for OT, DL or QB that early in the draft.
Add in Smelter too. WR is definitely something we should not be spending our first round pick on.

And Patton. People love trying to cut the guy but he's shown a lot of improvement, has been consistently getting open and has the best hands on the team. Unfortunately he can't throw the football to himself.

Plus he's controlling his emotions a little better and even pulled Simpson away from a ref earlier. I like his passion and kind of feel bad that he's stuck with a guy who can barely see the field at QB.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
I like what you done but we don't have enough cap space to sign Wilkerson, Smith, Bradford, Sanu and Greshman.

55 million...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
We must go Offense(OL, WR, QB doesn t matter) in the first and second rounds

Uhhhh. He did lol
Share 49ersWebzone