LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

Darron Lee OLB/ILB OSU

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think he's better in a 4-3 than in our 3-4...

Unfortunately, I agree with you. However, people said the same thing about Bowman. So I still like the idea of drafting him & letting him start out on special teams and as a backup in 2016 while he adds weight & learns the defense.

Drafting him when? Surely not at 7 and he'll probably be gone by 37...

This....not saying he's a bad player but we can't draft someone like him at 7 and like Sims said he won't be there at 37. Bow was a 3rd round pick it was worth the gamble if he could convert.
I actually think Lee would be a great fit with us and a nice compliment to Bowman. Super fast, can play all 3 downs, can cover and close fast in the flats.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
I actually think Lee would be a great fit with us and a nice compliment to Bowman. Super fast, can play all 3 downs, can cover and close fast in the flats.

I think if he could put on some size and strength without losing his athleticism he would be solid. The problem is, we aren't in a good position to draft him as 7 is a major reach and 37 is too late.

So unless we trade back (doesn't make sense with more than likely a top prospect at a position of need will be there) or trade back into the late 1st but we'd be giving up our 2nd and maybe 3rd so I'm not sure it would be worth it.

He is one of those "he'll be solid but more than likely for another team" kind of prospects
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think he's better in a 4-3 than in our 3-4...

Unfortunately, I agree with you. However, people said the same thing about Bowman. So I still like the idea of drafting him & letting him start out on special teams and as a backup in 2016 while he adds weight & learns the defense.

Drafting him when? Surely not at 7 and he'll probably be gone by 37...

The only scenario I see him being a 49er is if they trade way down from 7. Maybe if they package a trade of Kaepernick to the Jets.

If they trade down to that range, however, I'd much rather have Nkemdiche.
Lee will be a better pro compared to Jack. Book it. Long arms and quick inside. Perfect fit with Bowman and I would not be upset at all if he went #7. This is a Baalke guy.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Lee will be a better pro compared to Jack. Book it. Long arms and quick inside. Perfect fit with Bowman and I would not be upset at all if he went #7. This is a Baalke guy.

I'll stick with the guy who is 10-15 pounds heavier and better in coverage with longer arms and just as much athleticism (Jack). The only question mark with Jack is his knee, but if that checks out, he's a much better prospect than Lee.
Share 49ersWebzone