LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

RB Leonard Fournette

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Still can't sleep.

...So who's going to be a better pro'? Fournette or Zeke Elliot?

I grade Elliott substantially higher than Fournette because of his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. He is a bigger all-around threat.

To me, Fournette is a two down player right now. Elliott is a three down player.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 6, 2016 at 5:55 AM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Can we draft Alabama's front seven?

At least 4 of them would be starters for the 49ers. Their front 7 may actually be better than ours when we're full strength - it's definitely better than ours when Williams and Bowman are out.

I'd take Allen, Payne, Williams, and Foster who are all likely to be first round picks. Payne isn't eligible until next year as a true sophomore unfortunately. Ryan Anderson would probably start over Brooks too, but may be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I wouldn't be mad if we pick Jonathan Allen or Foster (but only if Garrett and Trubisky are already off the board).
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Can we draft Alabama's front seven?

At least 4 of them would be starters for the 49ers. Their front 7 may actually be better than ours when we're full strength - it's definitely better than ours when Williams and Bowman are out.

I'd take Allen, Payne, Williams, and Foster who are all likely to be first round picks. Payne isn't eligible until next year as a true sophomore unfortunately. Ryan Anderson would probably start over Brooks too, but may be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Agree with this! Allen is a nonstop disrupter. Williams and Foster should be 1st rounders as well. Anderson is a beast but Evans might have the most pass rush potential, he just has a couple more years until draft eligibility. That defense is loaded!
Looking a little more like himself against Arkansas
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
My draft crush has declared
  • Tman
  • Veteran
I actually like Dalvin Cook better
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

Hey man Cook is a stud
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Hey man Cook is a stud

[ Edited by jimrat on Dec 5, 2016 at 9:00 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Still can't sleep.

...So who's going to be a better pro'? Fournette or Zeke Elliot?

I grade Elliott substantially higher than Fournette because of his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. He is a bigger all-around threat.

To me, Fournette is a two down player right now. Elliott is a three down player.
Don't forget that Eze always had the better QB than L4.. and that offense of Urban Meyer also called for the back to get more catches..

Lol...I do agree though cook is a stud. More complete back both should have good careers in the right system.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Carolina trade up for him..or even Green Bay but they would have to give up a lot considering they will most likely be drafting in the 20s..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Carolina trade up for him..or even Green Bay but they would have to give up a lot considering they will most likely be drafting in the 20s..

The way Carolina is playing they may not have to

Edit - that is assuming the concerns about his ankle is true
[ Edited by saniner on Dec 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

The way Carolina is playing they may not have to

Very true unless they get scared the jets will snatch him up..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cant blame him... But would still of liked to have seen him play.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Leonard Fournette will not play in LSU's bowl game. Will focus on pre-draft process.
Share 49ersWebzone