There are 150 users in the forums

2015 Bigwads Draft 3.0 Final

Trade: 15 for 25 and 57

V.2

Again, I cannot preface enough that we must dominate in the area of the game that Seattle is neglecting. We must or we will fail. Our OL and DL must dominate. Clemmings and Anderson help us do that.

25: TJ Clemmings, OT/OG – 35' inch arms. That's all I have to say. He is Staley's eventual replacement and will compete inside till then. He moves like he weights 260, has a great punch and keeps people off him with long arms. Great feet.

45: Henry Anderson Stanford DT/DE – perfect scheme fit. Better value than Davis and Armstead. May not last this long though. pSPARQ rating 8 pts higher than Williams. Prototype 3-4 DE. His pass rush is simply ridiculous. He literally tooled everyone at the senior bowl. He understands leverage and how to use it.

57: Eric Rowe, CB/S, Utah – Baalke loves these combo DB's.

79: Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech – um how is this dude not higher rated than DGB?

126: Chris Conley, WR, Georgia – I think this may be the most underrated player in the draft. Typical later round WR selection by Baalke. He will fall because so many other projected before him and most teams who want a WR will be drafting them in rounds 1-3. 132: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon – his injuries and unknown agility stats make him drop. Baalke's token injury draft player.

V.1

Trade: 15 for 25 an 57

25: Carl Davis, DE/DT, Iowa – Our biggest foe, Seattle, is dismantling what was already a poor OL, which means we MUST take advantage and our DL MUST be our best position group. Davis moves very well for a 320 pounder so he can move with the zone blocking/reach blocking scheme of Seattle and throws people around too. He was the best DL by far IMO at the senior bowl and will be a day one starter, which is saying something considering the depth of our DL. I think Docket will be primarily a nickel DT, and pass rushing is his strong suit. TJE won't make the team. Davis, Dorsey and Carradine are our starters.

47: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami – His combine and film simply don't harmonize and I choose his film. This is a great player. Day one starter. Only issue is he is more like Bowman and I could see a pick more like Mckinney who fits more of the Jack role in our 3-4. Anywho, great player and we don't run a straight 3-4 often anyway. This dude is a baller and you can't measure that at the combine. I would be fine with McKinney too just for the record.

57: Eric Rowe, CB/S, Utah – tall, long, fast and quick. We all know how Baalke loves these hybrid DB's too. Very underrated player going into the draft process and is getting the love he deserves. Great player for Utah at multiple positions. The best DB at the senior bowl.

79: Ali Marpet, OG – Big chip on his shoulder, played pretty well at senior bowl. Crazy athletic and very strong. Should do well in our new zone blocking scheme.

126: Chris Conley, WR, Georgia – I think this may be the most underrated player in the draft. Typical later round WR selection by Baalke.

132: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon – his injuries and unknown agility stats make him drop. Baalke's token injury draft player.
[ Edited by bigwads on Apr 24, 2015 at 6:34 PM ]
I like the trade back and selection of Davis a lot (or another DL like Goldman/Brown/Armstead). I would love to end up with Byron Jones at 47. It may not be realistic, but that's about as far as I could see him dropping and I'd rather have him than Rowe. Perryman or another ILB like Anthony or Dawson should still be there at 57. I would rather have Ogbuehi than Marpet at 79, but if he's gone, Marpet is a solid choice. I would be very happy with the 4th round, but I think that's a little ambitious for both those guys. All in all, nice job and it has some players I like.

• crew
  • Veteran
I'd rather have Anderson as Cowboy's replacement than Davis, just don't like his motor, that he takes far too many plays off. Also, just don't see Carolina trading up, there biggest need is OL and if they stay at #25, they can probably choose from Flowers, Peat & Humphries. Like the Perryman, Rowe and Conley picks.
I LIKE the trade a lot.

I'm much more in favor of Eddie Goldman than Davis.

and it's be great if Marpet is available at 79.

agree that Conley is highly underreated
Originally posted by crew:
I'd rather have Anderson as Cowboy's replacement than Davis, just don't like his motor, that he takes far too many plays off. Also, just don't see Carolina trading up, there biggest need is OL and if they stay at #25, they can probably choose from Flowers, Peat & Humphries. Like the Perryman, Rowe and Conley picks.

Anderson? Humphries and peat won't last to the 20's imo, Carolina is the perfect trade partner for that reason.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I LIKE the trade a lot.

I'm much more in favor of Eddie Goldman than Davis.

and it's be great if Marpet is available at 79.

agree that Conley is highly underreated

I see Goldman getting a lot of love on the zone lately. He had very poor advanced stats for college ball(akin to pff advanced stats).

I think Davis took some time to figure it out but was unblockable as a senior by one person and dominated the senior bowl.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I see Goldman getting a lot of love on the zone lately. He had very poor advanced stats for college ball(akin to pff advanced stats).

I think Davis took some time to figure it out but was unblockable as a senior by one person and dominated the senior bowl.

I love Carl Davis's potential as a 5 tech in a 1 gap scheme. He explodes off the snap and will force teams to run away from him and double him on passing downs.
Anderson? Humphries and peat won't last to the 20's imo, Carolina is the perfect trade partner for that reason.

Henry Anderson.

Really? I'd be interested in seeing those stats.
If Baalke's taking a DL in the 1st, it should be Eddie Goldman at #15 (or not far from there if Baalke trades down), not Carl Davis at #25. Goldman's a beast...all the time. Both players are big & strong. The difference between them is Goldman doesn't take any plays off...he'll tie up 2 OL on every snap. Davis hasn't shown the same "want to" as Goldman. Davis has potential, but will have to change his work ethic a lot. Goldman's already there. Who would you rather have lining up on our DL...Goldman.

• fan49
  • Veteran
DL In The 1st Is Not A Good Idea In My opinion. Anyone available at 15 or later MIGHT not start. We are deep at dl. We need a sure fire starter from the first round. Is it a fact that Goldman, armstead, or Davis will start over dial, tank, dockett, dorsey, or williams.... NO it's not. I say go corner you have a better chance making instant impact that route than dl.
This might be my favorite mock so far. Love the trade back about 10 spots to pick up an additional quality pick, which I believe Baalke will do. And Davis is a monster who pushed himself to the next level of beast at the Senior Bowl. I would be very happy with this move and pick in the 1st round.
I like your line of thinking!!!

Picks below include a trade back to 25th to pick up the 56th:

1 TRADE (25/25) - OLB/DE - Eddie Goldman NT (6'4" 337) or Arik Armstead DE (6'7" 292)
2 (14/46) - WR/ILB - Dorial Green-Beckman WR (6'5" 237 4.49) - Yes, I think he drops once he gets past the first round
2 ACQUIRE (24/56) - LG/RB - Jay Ajayi RB (6'0" 221 4.57)
3 (15/79) - LG/RB - Jamil Douglas G (6'4" 304)
4 (27/126) - CBx2/FS - Kurtis Drummond FS (6'1" 208 4.65)
4 (33/132) - LT/RT - Lynden Trail OLB (6'7" 269 4.87)
5 (15/151) - NT - Taiwan Jones ILB (6'3" 245 4.90)
6 (14/189) - QB - Tray Walker CB (6'2" 197 4.52)
7 (29/246) - PK/P - Deshazor Everett CB (5'11" 188 4.49)
7 (37/254) - TE/H-Back - Justin Manton PK

Needs Left: NT or DE, T, QB, P & TE. Note that the first 9 picks we all had visits with.

UDFA Targets: Players we also all had visits with:
Shane McDermott C (6'4" 302)
Ben Beckwith G (6'4" 317)
Devin Gardner QB (6'4" 205 4.50)
Keon Williams RB 6'0" (238 4.58)
Cameron Clear TE 6'5" (277 4.92)
Da'Ron Brown YWR 6'0" (205 4.54)
Ricky Collins YWR 5'11" (196 4.57)
Tavaris Barnes OLB 6'3" (275 4.85)
Tory Slater DE (6'5" 290)

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/181893-draft-experts-wanted/page7/#MMYPclsKG5X6jjJx.99
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Baalke's taking a DL in the 1st, it should be Eddie Goldman at #15 (or not far from there if Baalke trades down), not Carl Davis at #25. Goldman's a beast...all the time. Both players are big & strong. The difference between them is Goldman doesn't take any plays off...he'll tie up 2 OL on every snap. Davis hasn't shown the same "want to" as Goldman. Davis has potential, but will have to change his work ethic a lot. Goldman's already there. Who would you rather have lining up on our DL...Goldman.

I love you man! LOL
Originally posted by fan49:
DL In The 1st Is Not A Good Idea In My opinion. Anyone available at 15 or later MIGHT not start. We are deep at dl. We need a sure fire starter from the first round. Is it a fact that Goldman, armstead, or Davis will start over dial, tank, dockett, dorsey, or williams.... NO it's not. I say go corner you have a better chance making instant impact that route than dl.

Could go that route as well...the FO should have a GREAT shot gauging our health and secondary starting tomorrow which will REALLY help determine what direction we'll head in come draft day. So yes, we could end up going this route as well.
Share 49ersWebzone