There are 160 users in the forums

2015 DRAFT CLASS WR CATCH RATES

• buck
  • Veteran
Here are the catch rates for some of the leading wide receivers, in the 2015 draft.

I could only find the stats for wide receivers from FBS schools. have

I tried to include the wide receivers that drawn the most attention in the forum.

I included Matt Miller as a "Baalke injury special."

I have been looking for wide receiver drop rates, but have not found them.

Thanks!

I really like Parker's numbers here
Strong's numbers surprised me. I'm really curious to see his drop rate
interesting to see Ty's numbers in the middle of the pack
Parker will be the best wr in the class.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Sammie Coates......... turrible
Originally posted by Ny2ThaBay:

I think it'll be either Parker or Cooper. I think Cooper has what it takes to become the next Torry Holt
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here are the details for the last two years.

Note the improvement made in Catch % by Kevin White .

Part One

Part Two

Tyler Lockett looks really consistent. I'm guessing some team is going to be really happy to see him in the 2nd or 3rd round (ahem, NE) and develop him into a perennial pro bowler at the slot position.

Tough to say ... he wasn't really targeting that much compared to some of the other WRs.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:

Tough to say ... he wasn't really targeting that much compared to some of the other WRs.

I can not begin to predict who will be the best wide receiver in this class.

But, I would say that what the receivers do with the targets that they get should generally carry more weight than the number of targets they get.

Tyler Lockett looks impressive but he's 5'10".
For those looking at this chart, I'd be very careful not to confuse "catch percentage" with drop rate. This current chart does not take into account whether balls were catchable or not and does not supply the drop rates of receivers.

This chart could indicate a terrible QB more than a terrible WR, or vice versa. However, for a WR with a known terrible QB, a high catch rate could also indicate the WR is even better than you think. Lots and lots of factors.

He only played in 6 games in 2014 yet still had 70 targets. In that span of 6 games (with a horrible QB) He avg 142 yds a game, 7 catches, 19.9 yards a catch, and .83 TDs a game....those are solid stats!

Throw in he has only be credited with 3 drops since 2012
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He only played in 6 games in 2014 yet still had 70 targets. In that span of 6 games (with a horrible QB) He avg 142 yds a game, 7 catches, 19.9 yards a catch, and .83 TDs a game....those are solid stats!

Throw in he has only be credited with 3 drops since 2012

Now, those are impressive numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone