• FL9er
  • Veteran
The Jets have cleaned up in FA:

Darrelle Revis
Antonio Cromartie
Buster Skrine
Brandon Marshall
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Reports are they are going all in on offense in the draft. Anyone see them making a run at Mariota/Winston (I think the rumor that Washington is eyeing him at 5 is a smokescreen)?

Bears did sign Antrel Rolle, but their entire secondary needs to be overhauled. I keep seeing Danny Shelton, and I realize more teams are running a 3-4, but who was the highest NT ever drafted?

Haven't been following Minnesota's FA, but they have similar needs to SF (CB), Miami brought in Suh, but they need help at LB, CB/S (their secondary blows).

Not worried about NO targeting a player SF might covet, because the best thing for them is to trade down with all their needs (OL, OLB, CB, TE).
  • kaynj
  • Veteran
Free agency impact on the niners really has me thinking that they will be targeting OL, Shelton or the DB from MSU
  • kaynj
  • Veteran
with the 15th pick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think the Jets jump on Mariota at #6.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM ]
It means no WR for us early. DL, OL, CB or LB.
I promise you guys. We still select a WR early. Most likely the first round still. Torrey Smith doesn't just fix our WR need for the future. Haha.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
We need to fix the trenches first. O lineman in the first! Wr can be found in the 4th. We also need an agile back probably in 2nd or 3rd. Give hyde a chance with a new beast on the line with Staley Thomas Davis and boone... I still don't like our center it's a weakness...
Originally posted by daragon:
I promise you guys. We still select a WR early. Most likely the first round still. Torrey Smith doesn't just fix our WR need for the future. Haha.
you`re right if White or Beckham or Cooper falls to us @15,you have to grab one of them, that kind of talent you cannot pass on, despite having TSmith on the roster,got to think about the near future.
Originally posted by kaynj:
Free agency impact on the niners really has me thinking that they will be targeting OL, Shelton or the DB from MSU

Originally posted by fan49:
We need to fix the trenches first. O lineman in the first! Wr can be found in the 4th. We also need an agile back probably in 2nd or 3rd. Give hyde a chance with a new beast on the line with Staley Thomas Davis and boone... I still don't like our center it's a weakness...

How is it a weakness? You have Kilgore who was playing like one of the better center's in the NFL and the best lineman on the team before he went down with injury, behind him you have Martin who was widely expected to take some time to develop as he was very raw but is also highly talented.

I'd say center is one of the positions I'm least worried about on the roster as a whole.

Originally posted by mayo49:
I think the Jets jump on Mariota at #6.
Agreed!

Winston to Tampa. then Tennessee goes Leonard. Jacks already has Bortles so they go D? Oakland goes Cooper or White since they haven't signed a big wr in FA (At first I thought Cooper, now I say White). Washington has a lot of needs... Scotty Mc is now the GM. Don't see him going Mariotta. I say they go D.

That would drop Mariota to the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!

The only hickup I see is a team trading up with Washington. I think the top 4 will want to keep their picks. Washington could trade out if someone wants to jump the Jets for Mariotta.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Agreed!

Winston to Tampa. then Tennessee goes Leonard. Jacks already has Bortles so they go D? Oakland goes Cooper or White since they haven't signed a big wr in FA (At first I thought Cooper, now I say White). Washington has a lot of needs... Scotty Mc is now the GM. Don't see him going Mariotta. I say they go D.

That would drop Mariota to the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!

The only hickup I see is a team trading up with Washington. I think the top 4 will want to keep their picks. Washington could trade out if someone wants to jump the Jets for Mariotta.

If I'm the Rams, I'm offering at least my 1st and 2nd round pick to Washington to draft Mariota. They unloaded Bradford's contract and picked up a 2016 2nd round pick which is brilliant if they end up getting Mariota because Foles is being paid like a backup. I still don't see him dropping out of the top 5.
I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Dwayne Bowe and/or Trent Richardson. They have big potential and the price can't be too much.
At some point, after a player fails to develop at all over many seasons (or gets worse), you have to start questioning his potential. We thought Richardson had a lot of potential coming out of college, but I no longer think so. He's can't become a good RB as far as I know - he just completely lacks vision and runs into people rather than around them. Bowe is a decent receiver and will get paid like a decent receiver. He'll probably be paid around what Crabtree is paid.
Biggest FA moves that impact the draft so far are the Jets signing of 3 CB's.

You can rule out CB Wayne's for them

Another big domino to effect the draft will be Terrance "Pot Roast" Knightington and Vince Wilfork. If the Redskins or Bears sign either you can eliminate Danny Shelton.
Share 49ersWebzone