LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

MadDog49er Post-Combine Pre Pro-Day Big 150 Board

Originally posted by frenchmov:
did you ever make a public apology about Aaron Lynch?

Never an apology for an analysis. Sometimes I am right, and sometimes wrong. As in the case of any player, time will tell. Lynch may end up being a solid contributor, or this last year could have been a nice value pick and nothing more beyond it. That is the beauty of the draft. It is an inexact science
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Thanks MadDog, it looks like the Niners could have one of the top two or three O-Linemen in their sights at 15. Would they pull the trigger?

I know is sounds insane, but my favorite OL in this draft is emerging as Cameron Erving. I believe he will be an All-Pro in a really short amount of time. Humphries my number one OT, and Scherff at number one for guard.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Thanks MadDog, it looks like the Niners could have one of the top two or three O-Linemen in their sights at 15. Would they pull the trigger?

I know is sounds insane, but my favorite OL in this draft is emerging as Cameron Erving. I believe he will be an All-Pro in a really short amount of time. Humphries my number one OT, and Scherff at number one for guard.

I view back up OT as a MUCH higher priority than OG/OC. What round is Humphries going to go? What is good value to target him realistically?

It looks like NFL Draft Scout is projecting him as a 3rd rounder, likely due to his injury history.
[ Edited by Butter on Mar 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM ]
If Trae Waynes and D Parker are close by, do you see Baalke moving up a spot or two for either one?
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm starting to think that if we miss on the WR we want in the 1st we'll just wait until the 2nd round, draft Walford and roll with a 2-TE, power running set. That seems like a smart thing to do. Keep the passing game short and more conservative while adding another blocker for the rushing attack. It would help Kaepernick, the backs, and simplify things for Our new OC.

I think Tomsula realized Harbaugh's downfall was trying to open up the offense and put the game on Kaep's arm. We won by running the ball and playing good defense. The 1st pick could go towards the BPA along the DL, OL, or CB. Right now, another DE would be a safe move.

You dont build an offense around 1 rookie. Maybe some packages here and there. Until they prove themselves at least. I think kaps best in midrange throws were he can just rocket them in to tight windows. Dink and dunk isn't His thing..... Yet.
Originally posted by Butter:
I view back up OT as a MUCH higher priority than OG/OC. What round is Humphries going to go? What is good value to target him realistically?

It looks like NFL Draft Scout is projecting him as a 3rd rounder, likely due to his injury history.

Humphries is going to be a top 15 pick when all is said and done. Right now, it is a dogfight between Humphries, Scherff and Collins to be the first OL off the board. Watched every snap of a couple Florida games today, and he is air tight in pass protection.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
If Trae Waynes and D Parker are close by, do you see Baalke moving up a spot or two for either one?

Not sure. Depends how their board is stacked. If there are two players similarly graded, and they are not drafted for a specific position, they hold tight. If there is a steep dropoff from their board, then they probably make that move to get their guy.

At 15, the team is in no need to move up, in my opinion. They are going to see a really good player at this slot. Remember, Zach Martin went at 16 last year, and he was a Pro-Bowler.
Humphries got schooled by Ray, but the rest of the tape looks pretty clean. Adding 20 pounds a huge boost in confidence I have in him.

Some guy on here posted a Mock this past week selecting DJ Humphries with our 7th round pick. what a steal

My point was that someone thought he would be there in the 7th round, which just boggles me. He's going to be a 1st or second rounder.
Bravo

I like Winston doe
Originally posted by stonecold590:

My point was that someone thought he would be there in the 7th round, which just boggles me. He's going to be a 1st or second rounder.

People say and so silly things this time of year. It will all come into alignment in a few months.

Never an apology for an analysis. Sometimes I am right, and sometimes wrong. As in the case of any player, time will tell. Lynch may end up being a solid contributor, or this last year could have been a nice value pick and nothing more beyond it. That is the beauty of the draft. It is an inexact science

just trolling you brotha i like reading your breakdowns
  • GORO
  • Veteran
What is your view of Arik Armstead is He a first rounder or is He just potential? How do you separate all these pass rushers in this draft?

You were spot on with JJ Watt
Originally posted by GORO:
What is your view of Arik Armstead is He a first rounder or is He just potential? How do you separate all these pass rushers in this draft?

Can I chime in?

I don't even think Armstead is all that much potential. He'll probably be a 5-technique guy, but I don't see him as special. I think Chris Canty at best. I wouldn't touch him in the first round. Maybe early 3rd.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Can I chime in?

I don't even think Armstead is all that much potential. He'll probably be a 5-technique guy, but I don't see him as special. I think Chris Canty at best. I wouldn't touch him in the first round. Maybe early 3rd.

I agree and that is why I wanted to see what MadDog sees on film?
Share 49ersWebzone