LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 234 users in the forums

Final mock offseason

Cuts
Dahl-bad player
Martin-soft
Brooks-not worth his pay..no1 will trade for him bc they know he will be cut..

Resign
Culliver-most important player to resign..only 26 yrs old..4 yrs 20 million..
Gore-heart and soul and still has something to offer..1 yr 3 million..
Nelson
TJE

Let walk
IIUPATI
Crabs
Lloyd
OSGOOD
Skuta
Cox
Cook
Celek
Ventrone
Wilhoite

Restructure/extend
Kap
Willis
Aldon Smith
Johnson

Free Agents signed
Tyson Alualu.baalke special for cheap..
Major Wright-takes Dahls spot as back up and ST player..
Back qb..unsure

Justin Smith decides to go 1 more yr...( I really hope )

2015 NFL DRAFT

RD 1. WR DGB I've been wanting us to draft him all year and now he showed he is faster then a lot expected..huge and athletic..it's either him or strong bc every other wr is taken by 15..I go with DGB

RD 2. DE Preston Smith this man had a great combine and will have a yr to develop with smith back

RD 3. OL Cedric Ogbuehi would've been 1st-2nd rd pick if not injured just like Thomas from last year..

RD 4. RB Karlos Williams he surprised me how fast he is..great rb class but he might be the diamond in the rough..also think hunter is done..which is sad..

RD 4 COMP DB Josh Shaw talented kid who will challenge for 4th-5th cb spot..if we resign Culliver our DBS look great barring no injuries like last yr..

RD 5 WR Antwan Goodley not tall but fast and physical with great hands..reminds me of a poor mans Steve Smith..

RD 6 OLB Zach Wagenmann takes over for skuta bc he got paid better then expected bc of his good play with Smith out..small school kid wit potential..great motor..

RD 7 TE Blake Bell sleeper pick..will open eyes in camp

RD 7 COMP SS Corey Moore competition ps player..
i would call this a success. Got some of my favorite pickups and you addressed our needs
not bad! I like the off-season and I don't think we will sign and FA outside of our own. I'm not huge on a another torn ACL player in the 3rd but over all good mock
I like it with the exception of letting go half of the special teams unit.
Final mock draft? What, are you going away for two months?
All of your pre-draft moves look good, EXCEPT that it would be a huge mistake to restructure Kaep at this juncture. Don't push guaranteed dollars into his hands until he earns them.

There is enough to like to call this draft a success.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Final mock draft? What, are you going away for two months?

Lol yup as for me making mock drafts..I'll just read everyone else's..
I really like this mock! You had me at DGB in the first. :)
Final mock...before FA? What? Seriously?

Anyway, speaking of FA's I disagree with some of your "cuts".

Cox will most likely be much easier to re-sign than Culliver. It'd be great if Baalke could sign both, but their cap space may not allow it. Also disagree w/cutting Skuta...yes, they'll need to pay him, but he should be among the lower paid b/u LB's. He's worth keeping. Cook is a big CB they like...and they can keep him without spending a lot.

Alualu isn't worth signing...he's just not that good, so why spend the $$.

As for your mock:

I'm not as big on DGB as some are...he's got enough red flags Baalke may look elsewhere. Parker or Strong look like surer players.

Preston Smith is too small to play 3-4 DE...if Baalke takes a DL, he'll be @ 300 lbs or more, IMHO. I'd love to see him get Malcolm Brown, a big guy who can play inside or out and has excellent quickness for his 300 + lbs.

Taking Ogbuehi would make sense only if Tomsula already had an upgrade from J Martin, whom you identified to be cut. Without a solid swing OT outside of Boone, OT is the priority over another inside OL.

I'd expect Baalke to take a playmaking TE fairly early, definitely not wait 'til rd 7. Vernon's in his contract year and there's little other receiving talent at the position. Walford would be a great pick early.

I doubt Baalke would draft Karlos Williams...yet another player with significant off-the-field issues, and in the 4th rd. Guys like David Cobb, David Johnson would be better picks.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Cox will most likely be much easier to re-sign than Culliver. It'd be great if Baalke could sign both, but their cap space may not allow it. Also disagree w/cutting Skuta...yes, they'll need to pay him, but he should be among the lower paid b/u LB's. He's worth keeping. Cook is a big CB they like...and they can keep him without spending a lot.

As for your mock:

I'm not as big on DGB as some are...he's got enough red flags Baalke may look elsewhere. Parker or Strong look like surer players.

Preston Smith is too small to play 3-4 DE...if Baalke takes a DL, he'll be @ 300 lbs or more, IMHO. I'd love to see him get Malcolm Brown, a big guy who can play inside or out and has excellent quickness for his 300 + lbs.

Taking Ogbuehi would make sense only if Tomsula already had an upgrade from J Martin, whom you identified to be cut. Without a solid swing OT outside of Boone, OT is the priority over another inside OL.

I'd expect Baalke to take a playmaking TE fairly early, definitely not wait 'til rd 7. Vernon's in his contract year and there's little other receiving talent at the position. Walford would be a great pick early.

I doubt Baalke would draft Karlos Williams...yet another player with significant off-the-field issues, and in the 4th rd. Guys like David Cobb, David Johnson would be better picks.

I agree with a lot you saying not sure how I feel about brown though. I know your high on him. Seems like a 2 down NT that wouldn't play a lot in our current defense. I think Dorsey and Williams will be fine at that position.

I have watched Wagenmann for the past 3 years as a Montana Griz fan. He is an excellent football player with a very high motor. Would really like to get him. Broke the Big Sky Conference all time career sack record this year. He plays faster then his #s might suggest
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

As for your mock:

Preston Smith is too small to play 3-4 DE...if Baalke takes a DL, he'll be @ 300 lbs or more, IMHO. I'd love to see him get Malcolm Brown, a big guy who can play inside or out and has excellent quickness for his 300 lbs.

Alualu would be cheap and has talent and is young..I'm sure a lot said the same when Dorsey was signed..I'll take a chance on him..

Preston smith is 6"5 271lbs..and will obviously gain weight and more muscle..I like him as a de..

As for a swing OT...yes I looked at free agents but didn't have us signing any bc If 1 of Davis or staley get hurt Boone goes to OT as Martin or looney slide into boones guard position..

As for TE I honestly wasn't impressed by 1 TE at the combine..I like Carrier and Millard..

And as for Karlos Williams I like him and think he's going to be a great pick in the mid rounds..
  • crew
  • Veteran
Like your first 2 picks, would rather draft David Johnson or Jeremy Langford in the 3rd/4th as opposed to Karlos Williams, both better receivers out of the backfield and better blockers.
Really like DGB and your pick of Wagenmann in the 6th. I watched quite a few Montana games over the past couple of years and he is always pressuring the QB.
Share 49ersWebzone