LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

jkly

Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
I'm sold.

Same here. It's not like he didn't do anything in college. He had decent production. He has great hands (they're huge too). Long arms. He's a more-than-willing blocker. Any reason he can't be the deep threat the Niners have been missing?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 28, 2015 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Same here. It's not like he didn't do anything in college. He had decent production. He has great hands (they're huge too). Long arms. He's a more-than-willing blocker. Any reason he can't be the deep threat the Niners have been missing?

He's a Combine riser, so that is why he really sucks, is overrated, and will do nothing as a pro.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

He's a Combine riser, so that is why he really sucks, is overrated, and will do nothing as a pro.

Well, limited production is always scary, but he obviously was limited by the system he was in. At least we know that he won't throw a Crabtree hissy fit when he doesn't get his targets.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Well, limited production is always scary, but he obviously was limited by the system he was in. At least we know that he won't throw a Crabtree hissy fit when he doesn't get his targets.

And that's why he'll be a 3rd - 5th rounder. It's not like anyone's gonna spend a 1st-round pick to get this guy. 657 yards & 8 TDs isn't a lot for a college season, but it's not like he didn't do anything in college except run fast.

I'm not expecting a 1000-yard season from this guy. But he could be a guy to stretch the field, run some reverses, catch some fades and so on. Maybe even return some kicks? Has he ever been a PR / KR?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 28, 2015 at 12:09 PM ]
On a run heavy team like ours, he would be a good fit especially with Adam Henry as a coach and Boldin as a mentor.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
On a run heavy team like ours, he would be a good fit especially with Adam Henry as a coach and Boldin as a mentor.

Agreed. I really hope we take a flier on this kid.
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
I'm sold.

Yes, he would be a great deep threat.
Same speed as Phillip Dorsett.
Better body than Terrell Owens (big arms and hands)
Good attitude, smart guy . . . I'd pick him high in rd 3
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:

Too early for 3rd round. 4th round I'd think is highest he goes.
Originally posted by genus49:

Too early for 3rd round. 4th round I'd think is highest he goes.

pre combine, he was rated as 6th 7th rounder.

my question is, what halted his production at the college level? a guy playing WR with a body like that should've dominated. and Georgia is known for putting out good WRs and good QBs, it's not like they don't have a good offensive system there...i'd be scared to draft him earlier than the 6th round.

He doesn't look nearly as fast as Dorsett in any of his game footage that I've seen. Doesn't mean he can't be an effective deep threat, aspecially with his length, hops, and body control. I just don't see him blowing bast coverage like Dorsett.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
pre combine, he was rated as 6th 7th rounder.

my question is, what halted his production at the college level? a guy playing WR with a body like that should've dominated. and Georgia is known for putting out good WRs and good QBs, it's not like they don't have a good offensive system there...i'd be scared to draft him earlier than the 6th round.

I'm pretty sure he led Georgia in receiving the last two seasons. They just rarely put up the ball while they were feeding Gurley and Chubb.

• HERN
  • Veteran
I'll take Stefon Diggs instead.
Originally posted by HERN:

Why?
It would be interesting to compare the following WR:

Conley
Diggs
Coates
Kenny Bell
  • HERN
  • Veteran

Why?

More production in his 3 years at Maryland than Conley was in 4 years at Georgia. The only concern I have with him would be durability.

At 6 feet. 195 lbs running a 4.3 I believe this is the type of player we need which he can also help in the return game.

I would compare his style as well as frame to that of T.Y. Hilton or Jeremy Maclin.

Why?

More production in his 3 years at Maryland than Conley was in 4 years at Georgia. The only concern I have with him would be durability.

At 6 feet. 195 lbs running a 4.3 I believe this is the type of player we need which he can also help in the return game.

I would compare his style as well as frame to that of T.Y. Hilton or Jeremy Maclin.

Fair enough. Production is a tough argument to make against Conley , based on their offense. He does a lot of the fundamental things right, and he has a remarkably developed skillset for the limited number of times they put the ball in the air. I think his willingness and ability to block helps him get early reps on our team.

Digs is definitely a threat, but he doesn't seem special at all as a KR. I like his feel for how to use his speed and quickness on the field. Not sure what emphasis Geep, Henry, and Curry will place on blocking, so I'm not sure if he would earn many reps year 1.
Share 49ersWebzone