LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

Sports Illustrated Mock 2.0

All them CB's are good to me I'd be happy with any of them
Originally posted by lamontb:

I agree, and I agree that Trae Waynes is not the strongest of the three, but he's probably the fastest and he's definitely gets interceptions - he tracks the ball real well and catches it like a receiver.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I agree, and I agree that Trae Waynes is not the strongest of the three, but he's probably the fastest and he's definitely gets interceptions - he tracks the ball real well and catches it like a receiver.
I do agree. But not only is he not the strongest he isn't the best tackler. He'd be a liability on run downs and in the short passing game. Teams will throw right in front of him and run at him all day until we take him off the field. That's why I don't think he'd be a particularly good fit for our team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I can't see us taking a corner with the first. Receiver or pass rusher or Baalke trades down.

But, just to mention, I am never right when predicting Baalke's drafting!

I would echo your sentiments on predicting Baalke.

I would hate this draft. So, this is exactly how it will go.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rapid4:
Originally posted by crake49:
TRAE WAYNES? I'd be fine with that. A 6'1" corner that has been clocked at a sub-4.3 40? Dude could end up a legitimate shut-down guy.
Maybe he could play a little WR too?

I want to see what he runs at the combine, but I doubt he is that fast.

• GORO
  • Veteran
Interesting draft. Under Harbaugh the team passed on Cbs and DL in the first round. Baalke seems to allowI coaches input so if Tomsula feels that loss of Mcdonald and Justin Smith needs to be addressed than DL will be the pick. Cox and Culliver not being reassigned will make them consider CB in first two rounds. But Baalke seems to like OL
I proposed this as an alternative in my mock. I went WR in round 1 then CB, but if Waynes falls to 15, it could get switched up. I am really wondering what will happen with DGB though.

Already more "experts" are saying he'll go in the first round, perhaps fairly high, but with character concerns being such a big issue in the NFL over the past year and everyone looking at Josh Gordon as the poster child for what happens when bad decisions outweigh tremendous talent, I have a hard time seeing someone with so many issues going in the first, in spite of his potential.

He may not last until our pick though, even if he makes it to the second round, so if we do got Waynes in round 1, there are some other WRs we should probably target. DGB could be long gone.

That being said, I'd be thrilled with Waynes in round 1 and going some combo of WR and DL in rounds 2 and 3.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Has the Niners taking Trae Waynes in the 1st and DGB in the 2nd. I think most would probably be fairly happy with that? This does not take into account any trades but if the 1st goes anything like this, there will be some nice talent available in the 2nd around where we pick. I mean if we resign Cully or Cox this could change but you can never have enough corners, as we saw with our injury plagued season.

Link for those interested: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/04/2015-nfl-mock-draft-two-rounds-marcus-mariota-leonard-williams

I wish DGB would be available with our 2nd rd pick. Somehow I don't think he will.
Parker drops to 25?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I actually have P.J Williams and Quinten Rollins rated above Trae Waynes. Quinten Rollins

PJ Williams is petty underrated right now IMO. I've always liked Waynes though. He was clearly better than his teammate Dennard IMO.

Originally posted by GORO:
Interesting draft. Under Harbaugh the team passed on Cbs and DL in the first round. Baalke seems to allowI coaches input so if Tomsula feels that loss of Mcdonald and Justin Smith needs to be addressed than DL will be the pick. Cox and Culliver not being reassigned will make them consider CB in first two rounds. But Baalke seems to like OL

I hope Baalke learned his lesson with Singletary. Harbaugh could evaluate talent - he basically put the rosters together at San Diego and Stanford, so I can understand why Baalke would solicit his input. But Tomsula?
Share 49ersWebzone