LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 124 users in the forums

Crew's 1st mock - ** Revised **

• crew
  • Veteran
** Revised Mock **

Trading down in the 1st with Cleveland at #19 and taking Malcolm Brown. Will also get Cleveland's 3rd round pick.
With the Brown's 3rd round pick taking WR Breshard Perriman UCF and taking OLB Lynden Trail Norfolk State
with the Niners 3rd round pick to replace the departed Ahmed Brooks.

Based on Gore and Cowboy being gone, as well as Culliver, Crabtree, Brooks and Iupati.

19: R1P19 DT Malcolm Brown Texas
46: R2P14 CB Quentin Rollins Miami Ohio
77: R3P13. WR Breshard Perriman UCF
79: R3P15 OLB Lyden Trail Norfolk State
123: R4P27 G Ali Mapet Hobart
Comp R4 RB Jeremy Langford Mich St.
143: R5P15 NT Xavier Williams Northern Iowa
174: R6P14 TE Blake Bell Oklahoma
221: R7P29 WR Devin Gardner Michigan
[ Edited by crew on Feb 1, 2015 at 3:09 PM ]
Perriman I like. Not a fan of Armstead at 15 tho.
I think the 49ers are also getting a 7th round comp pick. Read that a while ago. Nice mock draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

I'm not a fan of Armstead either, he's really not effective as a DE in a 3-4. He cannot stop the run to save his life.
  • crew
  • Veteran

I like Armstead as Cowboy's replacement and thought he could be had in the low-mid 20s in the 1st with a trade down
and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, however his stock is rising and probably will even more so after the combine due
to his athleticism.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm not a fan of Armstead either, he's really not effective as a DE in a 3-4. He cannot stop the run to save his life.

Other alternatives for Cowboy's replacement could be either Malcom Brown with trading down into low 20s in the 1st or Preston Smith in the 2nd round.
  • crew
  • Veteran
** Revised Mock **

Trading down in the 1st with Cleveland at #19 and taking Malcolm Brown. Will also get Cleveland's 3rd round pick.With the Brown's 3rd round pick taking WR Breshard Perriman UCF and taking OLB Lynden Trail Norfolk State with the Niners 3rd round pick to replace the departed Ahmed Brooks.
Originally posted by crew:
** Revised Mock **

Trading down in the 1st with Cleveland at #19 and taking Malcolm Brown. Will also get Cleveland's 3rd round pick.With the Brown's 3rd round pick taking WR Breshard Perriman UCF and taking OLB Lynden Trail Norfolk State with the Niners 3rd round pick to replace the departed Ahmed Brooks.

I like Brown, trade value seems about right (might be able to get a little more depending who is sitting there) I think Perriman has the size and speed you want, but he seems to drop a ton of balls and doesn't really catch with his hands and his route running isn't great at all.
I'm in favor of drafting any guy with the name Malcolm
** Revised Mock **

Trading down in the 1st with Cleveland at #19 and taking Malcolm Brown. Will also get Cleveland's 3rd round pick.
With the Brown's 3rd round pick taking WR Breshard Perriman UCF and taking OLB Lynden Trail Norfolk State

Based on Gore and Cowboy being gone, as well as Culliver, Crabtree, Brooks and Iupati.
Given the today's CBS ranking, he is the best DT at this pick. Goldman dropped to 30th ovr somehow.
However, would be very fine if you ask me.
If he is available there, very good.
Why not.
would be a very nice pick. Has experience as an OLB in a 34-D.
If Langford falls this far, this could be a nice pickup. Very solid overall.

Very reasonable mock.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Given the today's CBS ranking, he is the best DT at this pick. Goldman dropped to 30th ovr somehow.

Todd McShay and Co. at ESPN just dropped Brown to the 2nd round and have only Shelton rated higher than Goldman.

The point is.......until they release their final boards I woudn´t read too much into that. And even then I trust my own work.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM ]
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
** Revised Mock **

However, would be very fine if you ask me.
If he is available there, very good.
Why not.
would be a very nice pick. Has experience as an OLB in a 34-D.
If Langford falls this far, this could be a nice pickup. Very solid overall.

Very reasonable mock.

Rollins could very well be gone by Niners pick in 2nd. If so, alternative pick could be Jaelen Collins CB - LSU.
Another line of thinking is to pick Duke Johnson RB in 2nd and then instead of picking Jeremy Langford RB
with the 4th round comp pick, take a CB like Rowe - Utah or Byron Jones - UConn.
You got my attention right away w/Malcolm Brown. He's exactly the kind of impact player Tomsula wants to keep his DL strong. Rollins impressed me at the Senior Bowl...he showed excellent closing speed.

3rd rd sounds early for Perriman. Like his measurements/production, although he's had a problem w/drops. Options at #3 could include Tony Lippett or Justin Hardy.

Think an OL who can play both OT and OG would have the best value...with M.Martin, Kilgore, Looney, Boone & Brandon Thomas competing for the OG & C positions, OT's really a bigger need because Boone's the best swing OT option. Using him that way means two moves, whereas a solid OT/OG (i.e. a young Adam Snyder type) would give Tomsula better OL options than he has now.

Overall, a good mock.
Share 49ersWebzone