There are 176 users in the forums

hjkl

Devin Smith is the "right value" for me early in the 3rd, but the team seemes pretty enamoured with him, and the 2nd wouldn't be too-too much of a reach. Baalke apparently isn't trying to trick anyone this year, we're saying this is who we want and we're gunning for them.

Personally, expecting a WR in round two unless another player falls in their laps like Hyde did.
Him or DGB would be nice! I could also see us getting Duke Johnson this day also.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I think we're going to draft him with our next pick. I think it will be a mistake though. We need a wide receiver with size that can better serve as a red zone threat. We already have Torrey Smith as our deep threat and another guy in Ellington who has good speed and quickness. We need that size now on the outside.

I think Baalke has made it clear that speed on offense is a huge priority, true "cya" sort of speed. Torrey Smith is the only guy who has that, Devin Smith would give them another that could be worked into various packages and could make for very lethal playaction with defenses having to respect the speed of both Smith's as well as defending Boldin in the slot, Davis in the intermediate area and also having to worry about Hyde and Kaepernick running it.

No more cheating on defense to stop the run, no more loading the box, if they don't keep a safety back deep, they are going to get dusted sooner or later.

This!

I am a BIG fan of a BIG receiver BUTTT this guy can fly and would present a number of options for us.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think we're going to draft him with our next pick. I think it will be a mistake though. We need a wide receiver with size that can better serve as a red zone threat. We already have Torrey Smith as our deep threat and another guy in Ellington who has good speed and quickness. We need that size now on the outside.

I think Baalke has made it clear that speed on offense is a huge priority, true "cya" sort of speed. Torrey Smith is the only guy who has that, Devin Smith would give them another that could be worked into various packages and could make for very lethal playaction with defenses having to respect the speed of both Smith's as well as defending Boldin in the slot, Davis in the intermediate area and also having to worry about Hyde and Kaepernick running it.

No more cheating on defense to stop the run, no more loading the box, if they don't keep a safety back deep, they are going to get dusted sooner or later.

This!

I am a BIG fan of a BIG receiver BUTTT this guy can fly and would present a number of options for us.

Can still get Smelter later, because of his knee. We do have an extra #4 now...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This!

I think we should have learned our lesson by now, that it's much more beneficial to have a variety or receivers with different skill sets that compliment each other. Last year, we had a bunch of possession receivers and that didn't work out so well. We have our deep threat in Torrey Smith, we have guys that can work the slot with quickness in Ellingotn and Patton, and we have a possession receiver in Boldin. What we need now, is a guy with size that can go up and get the ball in the red zone. Having a bigger target is especially important when you don't have a quarterback with the greatest accuracy. Providing Kaepernick with a huge target like DGB, Strong, or even Sammie Coates would benefit him and our offense tremendously and best compliment what we already have.
This guy is a one trick pony. Give me DGB
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

What's DGB's other trick?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Domestic assault.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:

Domestic assault.

Pushing off the cb.

Domestic assault.

funny, but I still have to caution against judging without complete facts. Here goes:

Now that that is over with, I think DGB and Smith offer similar game, just from different bodies. They are both deep threats and RZ weapons. DGB does it w/size/speed, Smith does it with Speed/agility/hops/hands.

Domestic assault.

• pd24
  • Veteran
I want Smith. He adds value on ST also, one of the best ST gunners last year.
Originally posted by bors:
Pushing off the cb.

I did not know she was a cornerback. Learn something knew every day.
they should draft this dude but they wont
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Originally posted by bors:
Pushing off the cb.

I did not know she was a cornerback. Learn something knew every day.

She was practice..we talkin bout practice
Share 49ersWebzone