There are 230 users in the forums

Quick Mock 12/16

Trades: Jim Harbaugh to the Raiders for a 2nd (37) and a 5th
Trade 1st round pick (15) to Cincinnati for their 1st (24) and their 3rd (88)

Round 1 - pick 24 - Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - 6'6" 225 lbs - Oklahoma
Round 2 - pick 37 - Ronald Darby - CB - 5'11" 195 lbs - Florida St.
Round 2 - pick 50 - Duke Johnson - RB - 5'9"
195 lbs - Miami
Round 3 - pick 82 - Andre Walker - OG - 6'5" 300 lbs - USC
Round 3 - pick 88 - Durell Eskridge - S - 6'3" 205 lbs - Syracuse
Round 4 - Eli Harold - OLB - 6'4" 250 lbs - Virginia
Round 4 - Andre Monroe - NT - 5'11" 285 lbs - Maryland
Round 5 - Jamison Crowder - WR - 5'9" 175 lbs - Duke
Round 6 - Xavier Williams - DT - 6'2" 302 lbs - N. Iowa
Round 7 - Brandon Bridge - QB - 6'5" 235 lbs - N. Alabama

The objectives of my mock was to give us a legit #1 receiver and inject some real speed to our offense. Took a runner on Monroe he seriously lacks size but his production and speed could change things for NTs. I think Darby is a complete steal in the second round and Duke hopefully is the player LMJ was supposed to be and will be our KR from day 1. Crowder would handle the PR job and could be a pro bowler at it if it was still a position. The rest of the draft I focused on getting good depth to rotate in Harold, Williams, Eskridge all could play rolls in a rotation and/or STs. And Walker as some new blood in at guard as depth. Bridge is a project QB who's got a lot of talent just raw. I would not feel comfortable having a high rookie being kaps back up I would much prefer a veteran and then have bridge as the back up in a year or 2.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

195 lbs - Miami

The objectives of my mock was to give us a legit #1 receiver and inject some real speed to our offense. Took a runner on Monroe he seriously lacks size but his production and speed could change things for NTs. I think Darby is a complete steal in the second round and Duke hopefully is the player LMJ was supposed to be and will be our KR from day 1. Crowder would handle the PR job and could be a pro bowler at it if it was still a position. The rest of the draft I focused on getting good depth to rotate in Harold, Williams, Eskridge all could play rolls in a rotation and/or STs. And Walker as some new blood in at guard as depth. Bridge is a project QB who's got a lot of talent just raw. I would not feel comfortable having a high rookie being kaps back up I would much prefer a veteran and then have bridge as the back up in a year or 2.

Ilike picks 1 & 3 wr ,rb I think the OG may be needed also but we have enough cbs and if you gonna pick another WR pick Duke Johnson`s team mate Phillip Dorsett he has play making skills and burner speed to boot.
It depends how we handle cully and cox in the off season. I'm not a fan of ward and think he was a horrible pick I would love to be wrong about it. So if cully and cox go that leaves us with D. Johnson and Brock and 3 rookies coming off IR who haven't really shown much. Ackers being my favorite of the bunch but still not much faith. And Crowder is because of his return ability any late round receiver wouldn't see the field much unless we lose someone to injury. And before anyone asks about TE i really hope we go get Charles Clay from Miami since the draft is weak for TE.
It depends how we handle cully and cox in the off season. I'm not a fan of ward and think he was a horrible pick I would love to be wrong about it. So if cully and cox go that leaves us with D. Johnson and Brock and 3 rookies coming off IR who haven't really shown much. Ackers being my favorite of the bunch but still not much faith. And Crowder is because of his return ability any late round receiver wouldn't see the field much unless we lose someone to injury. And before anyone asks about TE i really hope we go get Charles Clay from Miami since the draft is weak for TE.

What do you hate about Ward? He got burned in the Bears game but he was getting better every week. He was asked to jump in and play one of the hardest positions in the slot.

No way they let both Cully and Cox go they will resign one of the two. I honestly I don't think CB is a weakness at all, and we have seen that Baalke has a nose for getting good CB's throughout the draft. SF needs to focus on the offensive side of the ball, but a lot will depend on who the next HC is...and love the DGB pick
I just don't see Ward as a difference maker on this team. I hope to see him at safety this next season hope maybe he is better at safety than he is nickle corner. Darby is one of the best corners in the draft and if we can get him in the second then that fixes balked not trading up to get verrett last season. I'm still upset over that.
I just don't see Ward as a difference maker on this team. I hope to see him at safety this next season hope maybe he is better at safety than he is nickle corner. Darby is one of the best corners in the draft and if we can get him in the second then that fixes balked not trading up to get verrett last season. I'm still upset over that.

I mean he played a little over half a season kinda hard to judge if he'll be a difference maker or not just yet.....I like what we have in the secondary shouldn't be the main area on concern...focus on the offense
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

195 lbs - Miami

Ilike picks 1 & 3 wr ,rb I think the OG may be needed also but we have enough cbs and if you gonna pick another WR pick Duke Johnson`s team mate Phillip Dorsett he has play making skills and burner speed to boot.

Both Cox and Cuulliver are free agents and the rest of the bunch are complee question marks. They have bodies but no proven players at the position if they lose Culliver and cox
Originally posted by lamontb:
Both Cox and Cuulliver are free agents and the rest of the bunch are complee question marks. They have bodies but no proven players at the position if they lose Culliver and cox

Brock will be healthy and Johnson has looked very good (a very big CB who can play Nickle? Yes, please). Acker was very good before his injury.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Brock will be healthy and Johnson has looked very good (a very big CB who can play Nickle? Yes, please). Acker was very good before his injury.

I like Acker also but it was in preseason when he looked good. So did Nate Davis, BJ Daniels, Patton and the list goes on.
Needs some Sean Mannion but solid otherwise

• jrg
  • Veteran
YESSSSSSS to DGB
I can see mannion instead of eskridge but kap still makes rookie plays I would like to get Hoyer as a FA as his backup. Well maybe his past couple games have been downright bad
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

195 lbs - Miami

This guy here. Having him and Vernon Davis on opposite sides of the field would open up a lot of things underneath.
Love this mock!
I like Acker also but it was in preseason when he looked good. So did Nate Davis, BJ Daniels, Patton and the list goes on.

2 of those guys are QBs, and Patton will still be a good player. Watch.
Share 49ersWebzone