There are 195 users in the forums

Swap first round picks with the Raiders if Harbaugh gets traded there

Originally posted by tjd808185:
There's not much we can do. What are you going to bring in a lame duck coach with neither side wanting to business with each other? We wait we stall our own coaching search as well.

Harbaugh has every reason to just want to get fired. His contract is guaranteed, he's not coaching for any new team without a new deal and having multiple suitors helps him out there. What can he miss out on? The once in a lifetime opportunity to coach the Raiders. If we could work together we wouldn't be in this mess.

This. If it comes to an impasse like that, the 49ers best move will be to get rid of Harbaugh ASAP.........and don't think that the other teams won't know that. No, the Raiders aren't swapping 1st rounders, not with a shot at a true game-changing player like a Leonard Williams, someone Harbaugh would be salivating all over.

I really think a 3rd rounder is the most realistic target, which still wouldn't be bad, that'd be a pick way early in the 3rd round.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
There's not much we can do. What are you going to bring in a lame duck coach with neither side wanting to business with each other? We wait we stall our own coaching search as well.

Harbaugh has every reason to just want to get fired. His contract is guaranteed, he's not coaching for any new team without a new deal and having multiple suitors helps him out there. What can he miss out on? The once in a lifetime opportunity to coach the Raiders. If we could work together we wouldn't be in this mess.

This. If it comes to an impasse like that, the 49ers best move will be to get rid of Harbaugh ASAP.........and don't think that the other teams won't know that. No, the Raiders aren't swapping 1st rounders, not with a shot at a true game-changing player like a Leonard Williams, someone Harbaugh would be salivating all over.

I really think a 3rd rounder is the most realistic target, which still wouldn't be bad, that'd be a pick way early in the 3rd round.

Well I think you could bump it to a 2nd and conditional 2016 pick (similar to Alex Smith trade) if you allow Harbaugh to take a couple of coaches that are under contract (Fangio, etc).
Originally posted by GEEK:
Well I think you could bump it to a 2nd and conditional 2016 pick (similar to Alex Smith trade) if you allow Harbaugh to take a couple of coaches that are under contract (Fangio, etc).

Fangio ain't going nowhere!
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
1st of all Harbaugh will NOT BE TRADED. Everyone knows he will be fired at the end of the season. No one will give up anything for him. Although Raiders are dumb, but if anything it would be a 3rd or 4th round pick at the most.

And i dont want Cooper. He is average in size and speed. We have 12 of those WRs already. We need a tall player like Evans, Benjamin etc from last season.
It just takes 2 teams to want someone to give them value, pretty sure at least two or more teams would be interested in Harbaugh if we say he is available.

Won't be traded hmmmmmm..... So none of the following teams would be interested in Jim Harbaugh and willing to give something in compensation?
I think that's naive thinking. Jim Harbaugh will leave if he get's a good situation and the money is right. Remember Jim likes a challenge and the teams
below all present a multitude of challenges. Oh by the way, laugh if you want about me including St. Louis. If you think they wouldn't take Jim Harbaugh
over Jeff Fisher you're being delusional.

Miami
NY Jets
Cleveland
Houston
Tennessee
Oakland
NY Giants
Washington
Minnesota
Chicago
Carolina
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
Originally posted by mayo49:
If Harbaugh gets traded to the Raiders, swapping first rounders and drafting Amari Cooper or Leonard Williams would be possible. Raiders are currently picking in the 5th range, we are picking in the 15th range. Any opinions?

* Edit. I included Leonard Williams as another option along with Amari Cooper as two major needs.
the raiders must be really stupid if they go this way.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Conditional pick is the way to go. You make the playoffs we get your 1st. Maybe we can get a 3rd rounder in this year's draft too.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Won't be traded hmmmmmm..... So none of the following teams would be interested in Jim Harbaugh and willing to give something in compensation?
I think that's naive thinking. Jim Harbaugh will leave if he get's a good situation and the money is right. Remember Jim likes a challenge and the teams
below all present a multitude of challenges. Oh by the way, laugh if you want about me including St. Louis. If you think they wouldn't take Jim Harbaugh

Miami
NY Jets
Cleveland
Houston
Tennessee
Oakland
NY Giants
Washington
Minnesota
Chicago
Carolina
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
i dont think that fisher is a special Coach but given the situation on the offensive side of the ball, he has done a good job so far.
at least he and his team knows how to beat us and the raiders.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Don't forget--this is the Ray daarrsss!
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
1st of all Harbaugh will NOT BE TRADED. Everyone knows he will be fired at the end of the season. No one will give up anything for him. Although Raiders are dumb, but if anything it would be a 3rd or 4th round pick at the most.

And i dont want Cooper. He is average in size and speed. We have 12 of those WRs already. We need a tall player like Evans, Benjamin etc from last season.
It just takes 2 teams to want someone to give them value, pretty sure at least two or more teams would be interested in Harbaugh if we say he is available.

Miami
NY Jets
Cleveland
Houston
Tennessee
Oakland
NY Giants
Washington
Minnesota
Chicago
Carolina
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
St. Louis

Why would Harbaugh agree to being traded anywhere when in doing so he is putting himself in a weaker position to begin with? IMO the Niners would be stupid to try.
Share 49ersWebzone