There are 172 users in the forums

USC CB Josh Shaw

Originally posted by Geeked:
Ugggg, to boot, Anthony Brown just quit the team and called Sark a racist. Looks like the stench of Kiffin will linger longer than he did.

Enjoy Alabama...

What do Brown and Shaw have to do with Kiffin?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Ugggg, to boot, Anthony Brown just quit the team and called Sark a racist. Looks like the stench of Kiffin will linger longer than he did.

Enjoy Alabama...

What do Brown and Shaw have to do with Kiffin?

Your right, they have nothing to do with Kiffin. I mean, what does Kiffin have to do with USC????? I don't know what I was talking about. Thanks for pointing out my blatantly contextually irrelevant comment.
Your right, they have nothing to do with Kiffin. I mean, what does Kiffin have to do with USC????? I don't know what I was talking about. Thanks for pointing out my blatantly contextually irrelevant comment.

You're welcome. Didn't want you pulling a "Josh Shaw" on us. Or worse pulling a "Josh Shaw" on yourself.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

You're welcome. Didn't want you pulling a "Josh Shaw" on us. Or worse pulling a "Josh Shaw" on yourself.

Ok, maybe you need this spelled out...

Josh Shaw - Recruited, and coached by a man named Lane Kiffin: thus, the contextual jump from Kiffin's "superb" character, both on the field and in life, to one of his recruited and coached players, using poor judgment and misrepresenting events.

This is called a contextually based relationship; a rather strong one.

Now, comparing a contextually based relationship too.... say.... lying publicly about committing a heroic act to defame the individual that identified the relationship.... is called?????????

- I'll be polite and write: demonstrates a poor argumentative skill-set, potentially derived from being ill-informed and/or the inability to employ complex reasoning.

Josh Shaw - Recruited, and coached by a man named Lane Kiffin: thus, the contextual jump from Kiffin's "superb" character, both on the field and in life, to one of his recruited and coached players, using poor judgment and misrepresenting events.

Now, comparing a contextually based relationship too.... say.... lying publicly about committing a heroic act to defame the individual that identified the relationship.... is called?????????

- I'll be polite and write: demonstrates a poor argumentative skill-set, potentially derived from being ill-informed and/or the inability to employ complex reasoning.

As usual, Eonblue OWNED.

I understand exactly what you meant I just thought it was b******t.

Any coach in the country would've recruited Shaw and you can't blame Kiffin for how he turned out. Hell as far as I know this is his only mistake. I wouldn't even say he was bad kid just a kid that tried to get out of s**tty situation with a little lie that got blown up to a massive scale. It's actually pretty natural for a young adult.

It's been nearly a year since Kiffin was fired. I'm sure Kiffin kept in touch with Shaw. He probably called him every Sunday telling him to get drunk, steal from vehicles, and jump of balconies because LANE KIFFIN IS FIEEEEENDD. MUAHAHAHA!

Sarkisian had all offseason to instill his "positive" values in the players, and I'm sure he learned a lot of positive values when he was sharing offensive cord with Kiffin under Carroll who we all know is the example of moral integrity.

And ultimately coaches are responsible for how the players play on the field. Harbaugh couldn't stop Cully from running someone over and then trying to get away. He couldn't stop Aldon from hitting that tree. As far as I know Shaw was a pretty good DB. Ofcourse Kiffin didn't coach the defense but according to you he coached the mind of Shaw and he's damn good.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
One of my favorite prospects this year and his character just made me like him more

USC CB Josh Shaw jumps from second floor balcony to save drowning nephew. Kid is ok, Shaw has two high ankle sprains. http://t.co/7lAHbAzQ8c

Wow, guess he fooled us all.

If you want to be a smart ass try using the correct version of to. Dumb duck. But what do I know I only went to UCSB.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
If you want to be a smart ass try using the correct version of to. Dumb duck. But what do I know I only went to UCSB.

Hey man be easy. He's watching another USC team self destruct before the seasons even started. It has to be rough. I'm sure I'll be cursing Kiffin 5 years after leaves because some random player makes a dumb decision.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 30, 2014 at 2:43 AM ]

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

"If you want to be a smart ass try using the correct version of to. Dumb duck. But what do I know I only went to UCSB."

Corrected Version:

If you want to be a smart ass, try using the correct version of "to". You are a Dumb duck. But, what do I know, I only went to UCSB.

Dumb duck. : sentence fragment - unable to stand on its own. In English, a sentence, at minimum, must have three words.

Use of commas tends to allow the reader to follow the flow and tense of the sentence more efficiently.

You do not need to use the word "only"; unless, there's a preexisting condition which may infer there are multiple universities attended, which may apply to the argument.
  • I believe that I may be the ONLY one that needs to exercise that qualifier in this discussion. But, that would be my assumption.

I don't tend to correct grammar or typos in chat forums. Generally speaking, I find it to be an unproductive use of my time. However, maybe at UCSB, this is how they teach their products to address discussion pieces when they have nothing else relevant to contribute.

They may also teach students at UCSB to lace their corrections with errors. But again, that would be my assumption, given your response.

I'm fairly certain their (you see what I did "there"? ) are plenty of UCSB alumni that would be quite disappointed.
[ Edited by Geeked on Aug 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM ]
"If you want to be a smart ass try using the correct version of to. Dumb duck. But what do I know I only went to UCSB."

Corrected Version:

If you want to be a smart ass, try using the correct version of "to". You are a Dumb duck. But, what do I know, I only went to UCSB.

Dumb duck. : sentence fragment - unable to stand on its own. In English, a sentence, at minimum, must have three words.

Use of commas tends to allow the reader to follow the flow and tense of the sentence more efficiently.

You do not need to use the word "only"; unless, there's a preexisting condition which may infer there are multiple universities attended, which may apply to the argument.
  • I believe that I may be the ONLY one that needs to exercise that qualifier in this discussion. But, that would be my assumption.

I don't tend to correct grammar or typos in chat forums. Generally speaking, I find it to be an unproductive use of my time. However, maybe at UCSB, this is how they teach their products to address discussion pieces when they have nothing else relevant to contribute.

They may also teach students at UCSB to lace their corrections with errors. But again, that would be my assumption, given your response.

I'm fairly certain their (you see what I did "there"? ) are plenty of UCSB alumni that would be quite disappointed.

Sentences do not have to be 3 words. A sentence can be one word and stand on its own (Yes. No. Run!). He doesn't need to use the word "only", but it's not grammatically incorrect to do so. You didn't have to use "Generally speaking". It would be assumed, but again, it's not grammatically incorrect. If you're going to attack someone's grammar, you should know what you are talking about.

"You do not need to use the word "only"; unless, there's a preexisting condition which may infer there are multiple universities attended, which may apply to the argument."
From this sentence, it's clear that you do not know when to use semicolons or commas. But what do I know, I only went to Dartmouth.

Also, you have no way of knowing that Josh Shaw would not have gone to USC if Kiffin was not the head coach at the time. Blaming Kiffin for this is a stretch unless you have evidence that Shaw had incidents prior to USC that Kiffin knew about or incidents when Kiffin was the coach.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Sentences do not have to be 3 words (I, along with many others, disagree). A sentence can be one word and stand on its own (Yes. No. Run!). He doesn't need to use the word "only", but it's not grammatically incorrect to do so. You didn't have to use "Generally speaking". It would be assumed, but again, it's not grammatically incorrect (it is grammatically correct as long as appropriate punctuation is utilized). If you're going to attack someone's grammar, you should know what you are talking about. - I'd imagine that would be directed at both parties in this discussion; given, that was the impetus to my rebuttal.

"You do not need to use the word "only"; unless, there's a preexisting condition which may infer there are multiple universities attended, which may apply to the argument."
From this sentence, it's clear that you do not know when to use semicolons or commas. But what do I know, I only went to Dartmouth. - I was being overly critical on this point to demonstrate the absurdity of the original editor's position.

Also, you have no way of knowing that Josh Shaw would not have gone to USC if Kiffin was not the head coach at the time. Blaming Kiffin for this is a stretch unless you have evidence that Shaw had incidents prior to USC that Kiffin knew about or incidents when Kiffin was the coach. - I'm sorry for depreciating Kiffin's outstanding character in both life and profession.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/sentences/sentence-fragments.html

Please reference the website above regarding proper grammar. English is a SVO language. This requires a subject, object, and verb.

Please don't tout your Dartmouth education when correcting sentence structure while ending your own sentence with a preposition.

Both of you have effectively demonstrated the value of a Fresno State, and University of Southern California education.

Thanks for playing.

You went to Dartmouth?
[ Edited by Geeked on Aug 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM ]
People... people ...wtf chill ax yall b EZ breazy yo.

Peeps b acking like dick Sherman b posting n ish

Ninjas b trippin
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Lot of anger flowing through this thread

USC looked alright today
Share 49ersWebzone