There are 272 users in the forums

Denzel Perryman LB - Miami U

PUT HIM ON THE BOARD
Originally posted by HERN:
Baalke needs to be walking to Goddells office right now to turn in his card so he can draft this guy ASAP.

Stop wasting time Baalke get on that horse and draft him NOW.

It's funny that people were mad about Borland being short but Perryman is the same height and also has issues in coverage. Those are my only real reservations about him, he's a sensational linebacker but I'm not sure he's a 3 down guy in the NFL which is why I put him behind Kendricks and see Anthony in the 2nd being better value than Perryman in the 1st.

Sources Tell Us "He's physical and plays angry at the point of attack. He's the type of guy you like having on your team because he brings toughness to practice. He's going to lay the wood to ball carriers when he gets a chance but college teams were already finding ways to go after him in the passing game." -- AFC East regional scout
I really like this kid.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Baalke needs to be walking to Goddells office right now to turn in his card so he can draft this guy ASAP.

It's funny that people were mad about Borland being short but Perryman is the same height and also has issues in coverage. Those are my only real reservations about him, he's a sensational linebacker but I'm not sure he's a 3 down guy in the NFL which is why I put him behind Kendricks and see Anthony in the 2nd being better value than Perryman in the 1st.

Sources Tell Us "He's physical and plays angry at the point of attack. He's the type of guy you like having on your team because he brings toughness to practice. He's going to lay the wood to ball carriers when he gets a chance but college teams were already finding ways to go after him in the passing game." -- AFC East regional scout

Not me. I never cared about Borland's height.
What is this I hear about Miami taking him out of third down packages? Is he more of a liability than Borland in pass coverage?
Originally posted by YungAce:
What is this I hear about Miami taking him out of third down packages? Is he more of a liability than Borland in pass coverage?

I didn't see that in games I watched....
Originally posted by Kolohe:

WE WANT PERRYMAN!!!!!

This.

Unfortunately, I hear rumblings that the Raiders want him too. Would have to trade back up to the 1st or early 2nd to grab him
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not me. I never cared about Borland's height.

Me too. If he showed he can play, then he can play.
We have to find a way to get this kid. Wow he's impressive.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

WE WANT PERRYMAN!!!!!

This.

Unfortunately, I hear rumblings that the Raiders want him too. Would have to trade back up to the 1st or early 2nd to grab him

He is projected as a 3rd rounder on CBS big draft board.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

big boards really don't mean anything if a team really likes a player.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Little bit of derrick brooks in him

Sure they matter...I don't think he is a 1st round talent either.

probably not a 1st rounder, but a 2nd, i think so

probably not a 1st rounder, but a 2nd, i think so

Yeah that's fair I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't be there with our 45th pick in the 2nd, I prefer McKinney in the 2nd though.
Share 49ersWebzone