LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Gentleman's Agreement to Not Tip the Picks in Advance

ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to avoid showing the Green room during coverage of the draft tonight. It ruins the suspense of the pick. One of the great joys of the draft is not knowing until the card is brought to the podium. I salute the two networks for bringing back the drama. However, numerous bloggers, such as Jason LaCanfora, of CBS, have gone on record stating they will Tweet out the picks before the Commish hits the stage.

In order to keep the drama alive, I encourage and propose a Gentleman's and Gentleladies' agreement to not post the pick on the board before the Commish makes the call.

What do you all think?
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to avoid showing the Green room during coverage of the draft tonight. It ruins the suspense of the pick. However, numerous bloggers, such as Jason LaCanfora, of CBS, have gone on the record stating that he will Tweet out the picks before the Commish hits the stage.

In order to keep the drama alive, I encourage and propose a Gentleman's and Gentleladies' agreement to not post the pick on the board before the Commish makes the call.

What do you all think?

I think we should have a spoilers thread for all of those posts to go into. If someone wants to know ahead of time, they can go into that thread, if not, stay inside the regular draft thread and wait for the TV announcement, should really ease some of the chaos and irritated people we had last year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think we should have a spoilers thread for all of those posts to go into. If someone wants to know ahead of time, they can go into that thread, if not, stay inside the regular draft thread and wait for the TV announcement, should really ease some of the chaos and irritated people we had last year.

Agreed. Wonder if the mods can help with this.
  • thl408
This is a good idea. It's just more dramatic to hear it at the podium than it is to read about it on a twitter feed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just don't webzine during the draft.
Originally posted by susweel:

You are not advocating that some of our best posters avoid the Zone because they don't want to be tipped off. I think Phoenix has the solution that can make everyone happy.
I messaged Kolohe about it. It would certainly solve some issues that we went through last year during the draft.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You are not advocating that some of our best posters avoid the Zone because they don't want to be tipped off. I think Phoenix has the solution that can make everyone happy.

it wont work because some noob will start a thread about somebody getting drafted.
ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to avoid showing the Green room during coverage of the draft tonight. It ruins the suspense of the pick. One of the great joys of the draft is not knowing until the card is brought to the podium. I salute the two networks for bringing back the drama. However, numerous bloggers, such as Jason LaCanfora, of CBS, have gone on record stating they will Tweet out the picks before the Commish hits the stage.

What do you all think?

Is there a douchier douchebag than this guy???
it wont work because some noob will start a thread about somebody getting drafted.

It won't matter as long as you're hanging out in the main draft thread, and in anycase the mods were striking down the random new threads with the quickness last year.

I will make a gentleman's agreement to give just the tip.

All kidding aside I think it is a good idea. I usually avoid the webzone until the pick is made and people are freaking out to avoid spoilers.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

What do you all think?

hey Maddog is a good dude.
Berman will still get cute and mess it up once. He always does.

Watch him when Johnny Football gets drafted.
Originally posted by hohbie:
I will make a gentleman's agreement to give just the tip.

All kidding aside I think it is a good idea. I usually avoid the webzone until the pick is made and people are freaking out to avoid spoilers.

Yeah but once the pick is announced the Webzone crashes for like the next 5 minutes anyways.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

What do you all think?

hey Maddog is a good dude.

No, he means LaCanfora.
Share 49ersWebzone