There are 175 users in the forums

GorefullBore complete 1st round plus every 49er pick

I have been working and reworking my mock, and I finally have something that I am content enough with to share with you guys. I have been having computer issues, so I am going to keep my commentary to a minimum. Here it is, I hope you guys like it.

1.Houston – Jadaveon Clowney DE So. Carlolina
2. St. Louis – Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M
3. Jacksonville – Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
4.Cleveland – Greg Robinson OT Auburn
5. Oakland – Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
6. Atlanta – Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
7. Tampa Bay – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
8. Minnesota – C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
9. Buffalo – Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
10. Detroit – Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee – Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
12. New York Giants – Zack Martin OT Notre Dame
13. St. Louis – Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
14. Chicago – Aaron Donald – DT Pittsburgh
15. Pittsburgh – Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
16. Dallas – Calvin Pryor S Louisville
17. Baltimore – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama
18. New York Jets – Odell Beckham WR LSU
19. Miami – Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
20. Arizona – Blake Bortles QB UCF
21. Green Bay – Ryan Shazier Ohio State
22. Philadelphia – Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
23. Kansas City – Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
24. Cincinnati – Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
25. San Diego – Louis Nix DT Notre Dame
26. Cleveland - David Carr QB Fresno State
27. New Orleans – Marquise Lee WR USC
28. Carolina – Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State
29. New England – Ra'Shede Hageman DT Minnesota

30.49ERS – Jason Verrett – CB TCUSmall but feisty and tough, he would be our answer to Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin. My biggest question with him at the next level would be durability If he is gone I would go with Stephon Tuitt who I have really liked for a few years now and would have no problem taking if corner wasn't such a dire need.

31.Denver – Xavier Su'a-Filo G UCLA S
32,Seattle - Joel Bitonio OT/G Nevada

(2)56. Demarcus Lawrence OLB Boise State

Demarcus would not only give us added insurance in case Aldon goes off the rails again, but as Ahmad's salary and age increase we may choose to part from him at some point. This would give us another option under either situation, plus as the saying goes you can never have too many pass rushers.

(2)61. Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
Donte is a guy who I have been high on since the beginning of the draft process. While a little raw he not only would give us the speed receiver we need, but he possesses nice size as well. It would only be a bonus that he would be tutored by Anquan and Crab.

(3)77. Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood

Pierre has the size and length that we like in our corners. He needs a little refinement, but he has good ball skills and would be worth developing.

(3)94. Dominique Easley DT Florida

Dom is a guy that we can redshirt if we need to, but a guy who has great talent and could potentially team with Tank in the future as our replacements for Justin and Ray.

(3)100. Jared Abbrederris WR Wisconsin

Jared is a quick receiver who would provide depth and hopefully allow us to kill teams from the slot.

(4)129. Lamin Barrow LB LSU

Barrow has the potential to be a solid backup, a temporary fill in for Bo, and contributor on special teams

(5)170. Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech

I bet Harbs would love to have a chance to mold this guy into a solid backup and possible tradable commodity.

(7)242. Gator Hoskins FB/TE Marshall

Could he have potential as a H-back?

(7)243. Spencer Long G Nebraska

Possible redshirt and future contributor

(7)245. Vinnie Sunserri S Alabama

At this point it's just a flyer. He is a guy with special teams ability so you never know.

Awesome, it went through ok.
If we go for Verrett I would prefer we trade back and get another pick and chance he would still be there. If he is gone there would be plenty of great players to choose from like Tuitt or Gabe Jackson ect. Would pass on Logan Thomas in the 5th. Might trade back for a couple of 6th rd picks and use 1 on him but I don't know if the 49ers are going to keep a 3rd QB on the active roster. Many teams keep their 3rd QB on the practice squad.

Like the rest of the draft.

Whatever the 49ers do let's just hope they get good players. With all our picks this could be a huge draft for us.
I like it a lot...only thing I'd do different is the first WR. With Crabtree likely to walk (IMHO) I don't think Baalke can afford to take any "unpolished" WR, which is why I'd like the first receiver pick to be from among Matthews, Adams or Latimer. I get Moncrief's speed, size, etc. but don't think Harbaugh can get the productivity from him like he could the others.

You're one of the few I've seen willing to take Abbrederris...dude's some player and put up good numbers despite his team running arguably 80% of the time.

Nice job, man.
Excellent! Add a center prospect somewhere in the 3rd-5th and I would do back flips.
[ Edited by Diaperfan on May 8, 2014 at 6:35 AM ]
I like Verrett, but for some reason I feel like he will drop into the 2nd based on the league wanting bigger Cbs. Maybe WR is 1st and move up into 2nd for Verrett?
Would love this draft. Similar to original ones I had. Just swap Abbrederis with Ellington, Archer, or Herron and it's a homerun.
We'd be doing VERY well if it went down like this.
Pretty good mock. I'd be happy with it. I don't think Desir, Easley, or Sunseri will fall as far as you have them though.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Pretty good mock. I'd be happy with it. I don't think Desir, Easley, or Sunseri will fall as far as you have them though.

You might be right.

No Trey Millard? I curse you!

Nice draft, nice work putting together the entire 1st round too.
I do think that we will trade up, but I don't like to do trades in my mocks, seeing how hard they are to predict.
I like it. I think you address all the needs, and double dipping for WR AND CB is a good idea.

Plus you got a guy named "Gator." Always a plus.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No Trey Millard? I curse you!

Nice draft, nice work putting together the entire 1st round too.

Thanks man. I was just trying to mix it up it seemed as though everyone had him in their mock.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on May 8, 2014 at 11:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone