There are 293 users in the forums

NFL considering having the 2015 draft 1-2 weeks LATER than this one even

Originally posted by mayo49:
They want to extend it to Labor Day? They got to be out of their minds.

You mean Memorial Day?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They want to extend it to Labor Day? They got to be out of their minds.

You mean Memorial Day?

I'm sorry, Memorial.
I don't know why people are so upset the draft is being pushed back. It's either a long wait 'til the draft & a really long wait 'til the next season or a longer wait 'til the draft and a shorter wait 'til the season. I actually prefer the latter.
what has Roger Goodell not fcuk up. He much rather try to push for HGH testing than pay for players with concussion. when will he DIE.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The only way I wouldn't mind the Draft being in May, is if the also moved back the Combine and Free Agency. So the Combine would be in March, Free Agency in April and the Draft in May.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM ]
Noooo. It's been agonizing waiting for this one already
The only way I wouldn't mind the Draft being in May, is if the also moved back the Combine and Free Agency. So the Combine would be in March, Free Agency in April and the Draft in May.

NO Mayo. I hate that worse. I hate waiting a month after the super bowl for FA, I can't wait two months for FA, and then another month for the Draft. Just move it back to Late April.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
F U goodell

Deepest draft in a millennium next year, why wouldn't they drag that out?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

NO Mayo. I hate that worse. I hate waiting a month after the super bowl for FA, I can't wait two months for FA, and then another month for the Draft. Just move it back to Late April.

Screw it, let's just go back to April, then.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM ]

Good God no.
Uh, just saw Goodell on NFL network , Said he would prefer the Draft be held in April.
The draft should go back to being held in April. If they push it even further into May, the new draftees will miss valuable time with their teams in the early stages of the offseason (i.e., learning the playbook, getting acclimated, spending time with team trainers, "Football School" as the Niners call it, etc.). It'll make it more difficult for these rookies to get playing time their first year, especially on a team loaded like the Niners.
Wouldn't that totally f**k with OTA's?

ridiculous. It makes no sense.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Wouldn't that totally f**k with OTA's?

ridiculous. It makes no sense.

no the Texans are having an OTA this week. Secondly the NFL or NCAA or specific schools (See LMJ Oregon situation), can't recall which, won't allow draft picks to participate in camp until after they graduate or if they declared early are still enrolled in school for some bizarre reason. So many draft picks already miss one or more OTA camps during their rookie year.
[ Edited by sfout on May 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone