49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 531 users in the forums

How bout a trade up for Ebron?

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Ummm No I'm not against taking tightend high in the draft. But it's not a need not even close. Vance looks like he might be a good player if he can catch the ball.

And I hate they compare him to V.D. Not even close. 4.38 40, 33 benchreps, 10.5 Broad Jump, and a 42 vert.... That's vd, ebron didn't even get close...

4.60 40, 24 bench reps, 10Broad, 32 vert. That's not even compareable to what V.D. even an older 40 year old V.D would post better numbers. Sorry but not buying this kid, that's not a knock on him he's going to be a good player, but he's not going to be Davis ever!

@ being reminded of VD's draft measurables. Good god what an athlete.
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Ummm No I'm not against taking tightend high in the draft. But it's not a need not even close. Vance looks like he might be a good player if he can catch the ball.

And I hate they compare him to V.D. Not even close. 4.38 40, 33 benchreps, 10.5 Broad Jump, and a 42 vert.... That's vd, ebron didn't even get close...

4.60 40, 24 bench reps, 10Broad, 32 vert. That's not even compareable to what V.D. even an older 40 year old V.D would post better numbers. Sorry but not buying this kid, that's not a knock on him he's going to be a good player, but he's not going to be Davis ever!

@ being reminded of VD's draft measurables. Good god what an athlete.

Jeezus.......

I can't imagine him not in our offense. Such a shame that he and others lost their early years to incompetent coaching.
I was thinking we could draft Enron just in case Vance doesn't pan out. Could you imagine our 2 TE 2WR sets?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I was thinking we could draft Enron just in case Vance doesn't pan out. Could you imagine our 2 TE 2WR sets?

so we'd draft a te now when we have with the 2nd best TE in the league and a developing rookie/2nd year player just in case he doesn't pan out? When do we give up on McDonald? after this season? Celek played like 5% of our snaps last season, that is how much Ebron would see the field unless we split McDonald's reps in half.


I swear I thought this ship had sailed long ago but apparently the draft was just ONE day too far away that we have have 2nd thread about drafting a guy in the 1st who'd be our #3 TE for AT LEAST year much less trade up for him.....smh.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone