LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 140 users in the forums

The "Pumped for Thursday" Mock Plan

Archer doesn't return punts. I'd rather have Ellington, but I'm biased. He's become my favorite player in this draft.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Archer doesn't return punts. I'd rather have Ellington, but I'm biased. He's become my favorite player in this draft.

I like this mock, but I concur on Ellington
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

I don't think LMJ returned punts in college neither. He can pick it up, but he can definitely return kicks big time !!
I'd be very happy with this. Still really hoping we can draft Stephon Tuitt or Brandin Cooks or both though.
Best mock i have seen so far Verrett, Desir and Moncrief all 3 would have a chance to make a impact this season and it covers our 2 areas of need. Marcus Smith good pass rush depth Niners need to look at going this direction in the draft.
Excellent draft!

First 2 are solid. I feel Montcrief will be a star. As I recall, TO was a 3rd round pick who also had some dropsies over his career and was a bit raw his first year.

Fine move on Exum!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I like this mock, but I concur on Ellington

Ellington doesn't return punts either.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bruce-ellington-1.html

Archer has more extensive KR experience than Ellington, and possesses higher acceleration and speed attributes.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dri-archer-1.html
Pretty solid, would be stoked with this, but I think it would be hard for everyone to make the 53. Never know though with injuries.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Pretty solid, would be stoked with this, but I think it would be hard for everyone to make the 53. Never know though with injuries.

Yeah I doubt everyone makes it - but there's a lot of depth we can upgrade over current players (Dahl, Moody, and Celek come to mind).
This would be an excellent draft.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Not as good as your username.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Not as good as your username.

QFT
Share 49ersWebzone