There are 202 users in the forums

ABs 2nd/Last WZ Collaborative Mock Draft- CIN(GoreFullBore) is OTC

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Choices, choices, choices.............................WR or CB...............................Beckham Jr. or Dennard...............................

With the 15th pick in the NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan St.

The WR class is deeper and Dennard is the better value at this point.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

History has shown that second round receivers generally blow. That is all.

N 49er history has shown 1st round WRs blow !!!!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/178212-abs-2nd-last-collaborative-mock-draft-gblamontb-otc/page11/#reply
I'll take overall NFL draft trends over the 49ers making a few bad picks over the years.

NFL Draft trends?
I've never heard of avoiding WR in the 2nd round...

Here are some active players to name a few
Alshon Jeffery (pro bowler)
Torrey Smith
Randall Cobb
Golden Tate

Thats just in the past 2 years (not including 2013)

So in the past 2 seasons 4 WR drafted in the second round have gone on to be successful. Thats a 40% chance

Thats a pretty dang high percentage if you ask me

Myth busted.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
With the 20th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cardinals select, Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.

Great pick cardinals dont pick for winning now just tha way we like

My top rated QB at 20? Thats value

I will still entertain trade offers for Carr for any team wanting to give up a 1st round pick in this years draft and next years draft......

IMO if tha cards did this it just shows they dont care about winning now ...they're a top player or 2 away frm being a really good team but a 1st QB is a waste...just my thoughts...

Spoiler alert... they ARE a really good team.

Carson Palmer isn't the long-term answer (he's only on a two-year deal), but he was one game away from the playoffs last year.

So you take Carr to learn under Palmer (the way the 49ers did with Kaep) and then he's your guy for the next 5-8 years, if not more, starting next season.

I don't see why that doesn't make a ton of sense.
With the 20th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cardinals select, Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St.

Wow surprising, I thought Shazier was going here
Is it driving anyone else insane that the real draft should totally be happening right now or should of happened already?

I'll tell you what though, doing all these mock drafts and looking at our options, it seems we are in a can't lose situation.

There are an incredible number of different scenarios that allow us to fill several key needs. Even if you don't like a pick or two, or we trade some away, there is no way we shouldn't come out of this with at least 3-4 solid players at key positions.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Choices, choices, choices.............................WR or CB...............................Beckham Jr. or Dennard...............................

With the 15th pick in the NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan St.

The WR class is deeper and Dennard is the better value at this point.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

History has shown that second round receivers generally blow. That is all.

N 49er history has shown 1st round WRs blow !!!!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/178212-abs-2nd-last-collaborative-mock-draft-gblamontb-otc/page11/#reply
I'll take overall NFL draft trends over the 49ers making a few bad picks over the years.

NFL Draft trends?
I've never heard of avoiding WR in the 2nd round...

Here are some active players to name a few
Alshon Jeffery (pro bowler)
Torrey Smith
Randall Cobb
Golden Tate

Thats just in the past 2 years (not including 2013)

So in the past 2 seasons 4 WR drafted in the second round have gone on to be successful. Thats a 40% chance

Thats a pretty dang high percentage if you ask me

Myth busted.

Go here.

Post #18.

If you want the 49ers to take chances on the Greg Little's, Ryan Broyle's, and Arrelious Benn's of the world, then by all means the second round is a great place to draft a WR.

If you want a bonafide franchise player like Dez Bryant, AJ Green, & Julio Jones, you take the first round WR.

I'd also argue that Torrey Smith ain't that great (my opinion, don't need to feed me stats) and Golden Tate DEFINITELY isn't that great.

Great pick cardinals dont pick for winning now just tha way we like

My top rated QB at 20? Thats value

I will still entertain trade offers for Carr for any team wanting to give up a 1st round pick in this years draft and next years draft......

IMO if tha cards did this it just shows they dont care about winning now ...they're a top player or 2 away frm being a really good team but a 1st QB is a waste...just my thoughts...

Spoiler alert... they ARE a really good team.

Carson Palmer isn't the long-term answer (he's only on a two-year deal), but he was one game away from the playoffs last year.

So you take Carr to learn under Palmer (the way the 49ers did with Kaep) and then he's your guy for the next 5-8 years, if not more, starting next season.

I don't see why that doesn't make a ton of sense.

Ok Yea they are really good but between us N tha seahags tha cards will have to win 12-13 games to keep up ... plus they can get a pretty good QB in round 2 or 3... N not spend a 1st round pick on someone who will sit 2-3 yrs ....
Go here.

Post #18.

If you want the 49ers to take chances on the Greg Little's, Ryan Broyle's, and Arrelious Benn's of the world, then by all means the second round is a great place to draft a WR.

If you want a bonafide franchise player like Dez Bryant, AJ Green, & Julio Jones, you take the first round WR.

I'd also argue that Torrey Smith ain't that great (my opinion, don't need to feed me stats) and Golden Tate DEFINITELY isn't that great.

Thats also a very obvious argument. The reason those guys are drafted round 1 is because the talent level they posses puts them there.
I'm not arguing that better players come out of the 1st round as opposed to the second round, that is a given. They are drafted there for a reason. You could make this argument for ANY position (other than a kicker)

Tate just signed a 5 year deal worth 31million, you may not think he is great, but the lions FO does.
Same with Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts making 5-7 million a year after this season.

There are 1st round WR busts as well
What if we nab a Baldwin, Jenkins, Hopkins?

Your original post made it seem like any WR out of round 2 was something to avoid. It seemed like you said to take a WR in round 1-3-4-5-6-7 but not 2 so I got a little confused. I got you now
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Go here.

Post #18.

Thats also a very obvious argument. The reason those guys are drafted round 1 is because the talent level they posses puts them there.
I'm not arguing that better players come out of the 1st round as opposed to the second round, that is a given. They are drafted there for a reason. You could make this argument for ANY position (other than a kicker)

Tate just signed a 5 year deal worth 31million, you may not think he is great, but the lions FO does.
Same with Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts making 5-7 million a year after this season.

There are 1st round WR busts as well
What if we nab a Baldwin, Jenkins, Hopkins?

Your original post made it seem like any WR out of round 2 was something to avoid. It seemed like you said to take a WR in round 1-3-4-5-6-7 but not 2 so I got a little confused. I got you now

Yeah I mean later-round WR's rarely turn into bonafide franchise players... sure-fire #1 WR's. I want the Niners to take a stud they LOVE in the first round at the position, not someone that's "pretty good" in the second and beyond.
Packers Select Jason Verrett TCU
Originally posted by lamontb:
Packers Select Jason Verrett TCU

Dang it, nice pick

Yeah I mean later-round WR's rarely turn into bonafide franchise players... sure-fire #1 WR's. I want the Niners to take a stud they LOVE in the first round at the position, not someone that's "pretty good" in the second and beyond.

I agree with that,
btw you are OTC... you should check your inbox first though
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 30, 2014 at 7:13 PM ]

After a lot of contemplation, the Philadelphia Eagles select...

Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State.

I think that is what they might do, grab him or Beckham to replace Desean. Good pick
If they get either Foles is a great fantasy option
With the 23rd pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Marqise Lee, Wide Receiver, USC.

Rationale: Need positions are OG, WR and S. I think they can nab a OG in the 3rd round and Safety is more of a project position with rumblings of Berry being on the way out. I would have went Safety if Clinton-Dix or Pryor was available and WR later but I went for BPA at a need position and Lee is the guy to play opposite of Bowe and push Avery to the slot and Jenkins to the waiver wire.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

I think that is what they might do, grab him or Beckham to replace Desean. Good pick

I agree.
Share 49ersWebzone