LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

Nothing clever to call it draft

No trades, stand pat, draft all 11 spots. Not likely, but trying to think of trades makes my head hurt. Here goes.

30 - Bradley Roby CB - I think he'll still be there and the 9ers can't resist.

56 - Kelvin Benjamin WR - Not the burner they really need, but near TE size will be too tempting to pass up. He's lined up against the best in college for sure.

61 - Phillip Gaines CB - Great leadership skill, good size and speed.

77 - Marcus Martin C (Cody Latimer WR if available) Martin lacks experience,but already has NFL size and strength ... Latimer would be a steal if he is still here IMO. Size, speed, creates separation with ease. His hands are the big question.

94 - Dri Archer WR (Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB or Pierre Desir CB if available, and Latimer taken earlier) Archer covers the need for speed, and the return game ... Baptiste and Desir will most likely be best available CB if Latimer was taken instead of Gaines at 61.

100 - Lache Seastrunk RB (Dri Archer if available and not taken at 94) Seastrunk is very elusive, brings to mind a poor mans Barry Sanders (ok, maybe very poor).

129 - Craig Loston SS - A project and for depth, has the size and strength right now.

170 - Jon Halapio OG (Bryan Stork C or Gabe Ikard C if C is determined as a bigger need than OG) Looking for O line insurance ... draft for need and best available.

242 - Trey Millard FB (knee injury) This guy is intriguing. Big and strong ... was recruited as a LB. Miller insurance down the line. Redshirt and look toward 2015.

243 - Jonathan Dowling FS - Project safety, practice squad material.

245 - Aaron Colvin CB (knee injury) Redshirt and look toward 2015.

OK, let me have it
I like it minus the Dri Archer pick... rather have a better pure slot receiver, if your going with Seastrunk with the next pick.. and i love the Seastrunk pick
4 CBs and 2 interior lineman, yet no ILB, OLB, or DE. Not a fan really of this draft.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Apr 22, 2014 at 7:57 PM ]
I will admit that omitting a LB is probably a mistake, although I am expecting Bowman back in the second half of the year. D-line is not necessary imo, considering a bon fide first rounder in Carradine will be healthy. Dial may fill a need too. As far as four CB's, there and contingency picks that depend on other things. Colvin is a redshirt.

But your points are acknowledged. Thanks.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
4 CBs and 2 interior lineman, yet no ILB, OLB, or DE. Not a fan really of this draft.

Yup. You need an OLB and DE in there at least.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I will admit that omitting a LB is probably a mistake, although I am expecting Bowman back in the second half of the year. D-line is not necessary imo, considering a bon fide first rounder in Carradine will be healthy. Dial may fill a need too. As far as four CB's, there and contingency picks that depend on other things. Colvin is a redshirt.

But your points are acknowledged. Thanks.

To be fair, I like most the players you drafted. Like the Archer, Gaines, and Seastruck picks mostly. Just think it's overkill with that many CBs, when a developmental ILB or OLB or DE could be had.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Co-signed
Not bad. Colvin will be gone by 245 tho
so you think benjamin falls to #56? ain't seeing that
I can see going CB.then WR and CB in rd 2. Might have to switch to Latimer at #56.

Try a pass rusher at #77 then maybe O-line and 2nd WR or Archer or Seastrunk to end rd 3. Martin may still be there at #94

Don't need another O-lineman for this year at #170 so that would be a good spot for Aaron Colvin or G Brandon Thomas if Colvin is off the board and both would be red
shirt picks.

Wouldn't mind Sunseri or Whitley, pup list safties in the 7th round to red shirt for next year. G Spencer Long would be a good 7th rd pick as well if we don't get Thomas earlier.

We will trade up, therefore I do not like this mock
Good thing I don't have Baalke's job ... lol. The funny thing about these mocks is there will not be any one of them that is close. Someone mentioned Benjamin being available where I had him. That is right about where he is projected depending on what list you reference. But it depends if there is a run on wideouts early, or if some GM drafting ahead in enamored.
Thank you all for the comments.
Share 49ersWebzone