There are 190 users in the forums

Dynasty mock!

Everyone likes to hammer everyone's mock drafts so here goes one for you! This draft is done with the idea that paying kapernick a 100 million dollar contract is going to have to make us look for bargains and let some really good players go. This draft isn't geared towards throwing in all of our chips this year and making a run for the title like Denver is but trying to keep our team Good/Young/Cheap for the next 5 to 6 years.

1st round pick 30 Stephon Tuitt 3/4 DE the thinking is to get a top DE to pair with Tank Williams so the replace McDonald and Smith after this season.

2nd round pick 42 we trade our 3rd round pick 77 and our 4th round pick to the titans we draft Jordan Mathews WR we grab our replacement for Crabtree and with some luck him and Patton are ready to step up in a year and will save us 60 million for Crabtree plus a 3rd round comp pick next season.

2nd round pick 56 Bashaud Breeland CB he's good enough to compete for the nickel spot this year incase we have let culliver go because he pulled out his brass knuckles during contract negotiations!

2nd round Pick 61 DaQuan Jones NT Penn State our future starter at NT who might be able to step in this year if Dorsey swings outside. Either way we won't have to sign him to a big deal a year if the has another good season.

3rd round pick 94 SS Dion Bailey USC the thinking here is that bethea's contract is basically for 2 years and the rest of the contract is play money. if Bailey had stayed in school he would have been a high 2nd maybe low 1st round pick. He can learn from a pro bowler and fight him for his job in a year!

3rd Round pick 100 Pierre Desir a big long armed CB to train to step up in a year or 2

5th Round pick Brandon Thomas OG Clemson everyone knows lunatic is walking unless we tag him so let's get he replacement on a redshirt contract like latimore.

7th round Corey Linsey OC from The Ohio State Buckeyes!
7th round Tahj Boyd QB Clemson
7th round Tevin Reese WR Baylor
Buck...I like your mock. I give critiques on mocks a lot...not to be mean, but to offer options. I've done some mocks in the past and they're not easy. I think you did a very good job. Now, let's see what Baalke does.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:

1st round pick 30 Stephon Tuitt 3/4 DE the thinking is to get a top DE to pair with Tank Williams so the replace McDonald and Smith after this season.

You lost me right here
You pick a NT in case Dorsey has to "swing outside" yet you drafted Tuitt, and we have Tank backing up Justin and Ray plus TJE still available too. Don't see the NT need there at all. Maybe an UDFA to stash on PS, ala Ian Williams a couple years ago. Rather draft a second WR, speed guy like Ellington or Bryant, if he's there, instead and not wait til the 7th.
I like this. Good mock.
I could live with this.
If your goal is to remain good, cheap and young, why would you trade three picks to get Matthews? Those two extra picks could be long term insurance for Aldon Smith and a backup QB.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM ]
Were only trading 2 picks to move up and grab Mathews. You can't critical if u don't read the reason the mock! Dorsey only has 1 year left on his deal so he can back up the DE's this year, and then we plug in tank and tuitt next year. I'm not expecting us to extend Dorsey at 5 or 6 mil a year which is probably what he's earned.
So you have us losing both Smith and Crabtree. Depressing.
You won't be able to trade all the way from #77 to #42 with a 4th rd pick. No chance. Maybe packaging our #61 and #77 picks will get you there.

I like picking Tuitt but I would trade back 7-8 slots and see if he is still available and pick up an extra draft pick for it.

Share 49ersWebzone