LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

MBA's Mock draft ver 5.0, Last Call

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't know that Fuller would be taken as high as #21...it's possible, particularly as his draft stock continues to rise. If so, I think he's worth making the trade.

WRT Moncrief, I'd still advocate for Matthews largely because his total body of work at Vandy was superb. He's arguably one of the most NFL-ready WR's in this draft.

The rest looks good to me.

I would agree with you, but like I stated in my comments, the Niners need to leapfrog the Bengals, Chargers and Saints to guarantee they get the CB they want. Dennard and Gilbert should be gone by the Steelers pick at #16 and it would cost most than a third rounder to get up that high. Therefore, I have them choosing the bigger of the two CB's that are on their radar in Fuller or Verrett. The only other CB who would be avaiable in the #30 slot would be Bradley Roby, and I have my doubts about him.

Nope, that is a BIG MISTAKE to do that. Fuller isn't really that good. He has a good chance to fall to the 49ers' laps, but I still doubt the 49ers would've picked him. Also, Gilbert and Dennard are still not worth to trade up if they fell to the Bengals' laps. These CBs' talents are the low 1st rounders to high 2nd rounders, so that is why it's not even worth the values to give away free picks for them. I still think bone-head Culliver is the better CB than them.
Originally posted by TheRedDemonWillis52:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't know that Fuller would be taken as high as #21...it's possible, particularly as his draft stock continues to rise. If so, I think he's worth making the trade.

WRT Moncrief, I'd still advocate for Matthews largely because his total body of work at Vandy was superb. He's arguably one of the most NFL-ready WR's in this draft.

The rest looks good to me.

I would agree with you, but like I stated in my comments, the Niners need to leapfrog the Bengals, Chargers and Saints to guarantee they get the CB they want. Dennard and Gilbert should be gone by the Steelers pick at #16 and it would cost most than a third rounder to get up that high. Therefore, I have them choosing the bigger of the two CB's that are on their radar in Fuller or Verrett. The only other CB who would be avaiable in the #30 slot would be Bradley Roby, and I have my doubts about him.

Nope, that is a BIG MISTAKE to do that. Fuller isn't really that good. He has a good chance to fall to the 49ers' laps, but I still doubt the 49ers would've picked him. Also, Gilbert and Dennard are still not worth to trade up if they fell to the Bengals' laps. These CBs' talents are the low 1st rounders to high 2nd rounders, so that is why it's not even worth the values to give away free picks for them. I still think bone-head Culliver is the better CB than them.

That's your opinion, not a fact. This is a mock draft. The Niners need a CB early in this draft and the reason they need one is because of bonehead Culliver. The Niners proved last year that they are willing to move up to get the top person on their draft board at a position of need in Eric Reid. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM ]

Since this is only your 16th post on this forum.
Let me break you in easy,
First off, that previous post about you calling out the Brock to stop with the mocks.
Not cool, don't click on the thread if you don't want to read a mock

Second, as a fellow niner fan I would appreciate respect amongst posters, if not you can re-direct yourself here (raiderfans.net)

Also,
1. Fuller is that good
2. Don't be a jerk
3. Its not about drafting a CB to beat out Culliver (although I wouldn't mind) its about drafting a CB to beat out Wright/Cook
(thats another point I want to make, if you are going to call somebody out in that manner you BETTER do your research)
4. We need a slot corner, Verrett is perfect for that and so is Fuller. We are going to start changing into a more prominent nickel package to match up with the hawks slot WR like Harvin/Hilton/Wright

Brock, nice mock man
Ignore this idiot
It's a nice mock. I like how you traded up into the 20's to secure a CB. I think there is a strong possibility Baalke will do that.

Everyone has different opinions on certain players, but I think you nailed which rounds we will take certain positions.
I predict on the day and time the 49ers already selected on 30th, most of you idiots will whine and complain like usual. You're becoming so predictable, whiners.
Solid mock. I think most 49er fans would be happy with a draft like this. I get the feeling Baalke will have a few trade backs and adding future picks. I could even see him dishing off a 2nd rd pick for a 1st rounder next year or a 3rd for a 2nd next year. Baalke loves maneuvering and usually gets the better of the teams he trades with.
I predict on the day and time the 49ers already selected on 30th, most of you idiots will whine and complain like usual. You're becoming so predictable, whiners.

Can we get this illiterate mindless hawk fan banned please?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Last call? Okay, let me have 2 CBs, Jordan Mathews, Donte Moncrief and a SS/FS on the rocks and all within the first five picks
The mock is aight, but I agree with the guy who said we won't be able to move that easily this draft. Fuller might be there at #30, depends how it goes down. There's always a couple guys who sneak into the first that people ain't talking about. That can help us or maybe hurt us. Worst case scenario, a corner nobody is talking about goes early, GM's start panicking and corners start flying off the board.
Goo job, very solid

Originally posted by LVJay:
Last call? Okay, let me have 2 CBs, Jordan Mathews, Donte Moncrief and a SS/FS on the rocks and all within the first five picks

I have everything except for Jordan Matthews. Enjoy your cocktail.
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Never seen someone struggle so much with past, present, and future tense. Reggie Ledoux flat circle s**t here.
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Never seen someone struggle so much with past, present, and future tense. Reggie Ledoux flat circle s**t here.

Hence, my prediction is still accurate.
  • pfizz
i like the mock, but it doesnt address our need for a inside CB and the only fear i have with grabbing fuller over verrett in the 1st is who covers the slot? I dont know about you guys, but I dont feel comfortable with Cox or Wright covering these fast, quick slot receivers like percy harvin, tavon austin, etc. Did people forget what victor Cruz, Danny amendola, etc have done to us?We cant just keep drafting outside guys and ignore one of our biggest flaws especially in today's passing league where teams utilize 3+ receivers a lot.

Post a page back suggested Lamarcus Joyner and I think that would be a great pick to round out this mock draft.
[ Edited by pfizz on Apr 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The only pick I don't like is Easley but that's more of a scheme fit.

Understand the trade for Fuller - makes complete sense, and he's a good player.

Love the Moncrief, Watkins, Loston, Long, and the other picks.

I'm a bit iffy on Herron, but you address the speed need.

Overall, good solid mock. I differ in a couple of picks - but the positions addressed in those picks are right on the money.
Share 49ersWebzone