LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 138 users in the forums

Are you interested in seeing Draft Day (The Movie)

Are you interested in seeing Draft Day (The Movie)

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by tmpluff:
So did anyone else see this? SPOILER ALERT. Is it very likely that someone would actualy give up the 6th overall pick in the draft for 3 2nd rounders?

It's about the Browns, apparently!!!

It does take on the perspective from the Browns as an example of turning a franchise around but it covers most teams overall d/t all the communication between the GM's. And the best part is that the Seahawks had the #1 overall pick (worst team) and they got pwned by the Brown's GM. LOL

So did anyone else see this? SPOILER ALERT. Is it very likely that someone would actualy give up the 6th overall pick in the draft for 3 2nd rounders?

It does take on the perspective from the Browns as an example of turning a franchise around but it covers most teams overall d/t all the communication between the GM's. And the best part is that the Seahawks had the #1 overall pick (worst team) and they got pwned by the Brown's GM. LOL
I thought it was a good movie that provided some good insight into what really goes on behind the scenes with these teams all the time. The stuff that we aren't aloud to see as fans most of the time, even though there was some Hollywood fluff added into the equation as well. With that said, the hustle put on the Seahawks made my price of admission well worth the time spent watching this film.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

I thought it was a good movie that provided some good insight into what really goes on behind the scenes with these teams all the time. The stuff that we aren't aloud to see as fans most of the time, even though there was some Hollywood fluff added into the equation as well. With that said, the hustle put on the Seahawks made my price of admission well worth the time spent watching this film.

LOL. Totally. I'm surprised Hawk fans haven't protested against it yet at the box offices.
Movie was cheesy and stupid. But the Hawks get screwed so I love it!
No I didn't see it, heard it was meh and Costner is not a great actor. I like 3 movies - Dances w/ Wolves, Field of Dreams, Open Range. The rest are barely watchable (mostly cuz it's Kevin Costner), but I'm glad to hear the Cawks got screwed in the film. Now I don't have to see it.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
No I didn't see it, heard it was meh and Costner is not a great actor. I like 3 movies - Dances w/ Wolves, Field of Dreams, Open Range. The rest are barely watchable (mostly cuz it's Kevin Costner), but I'm glad to hear the Cawks got screwed in the film. Now I don't have to see it.
Yikes! Costner is the only thing that compels me to want to see draft day.

Not a fan of Bull Durham??? RobinHood? Tin Cup? Hatfields and McCoys...
Waiting for video. Wouldn't spend more than $2 to see this movie. Prefer the real thing.

Tin Cup?? Bull Durahm??
I actually really enjoyed Mr. Brooks. Underrated movie. Costner is pretty hit or miss though. I'll probably see it though just because I am fascinated with the job of NFL GM's
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM ]
does draft day have a mad dog cameo
I like Costner in sports movies...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. How sick would it be to be a GM of a professional sports team! Even the Browns lol
Costner wasn't bad in For Love of the Game, Robin Hood or Mr. Brooks. But he was bad in this and so was Jennifer Garner.

No. Costner bugs me.
I really enjoyed the film once you get over the fact that the trades are a bit over the top and unrealistic

Costner has been very good in many movies. You may not like him but saying his movies are barely watchable is laughable.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Waiting for video. Wouldn't spend more than $2 to see this movie. Prefer the real thing.

Share 49ersWebzone