LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

LMJeff's FIRST Mock

This mock has NO trades or proposed trades:

1st Rd; #30: Kyle Fuller, CB - Virginia Tech
We have issues with our secondary, especially with the arrest of Culliver. Fuller has good size, quickness, and is consistently one to go after the ball and it shows with his vertical on the field.

2nd Round; #56: Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S - Florida State
Team leader and versatile, something our coaches love. He can come in and play the slot right away and take over at safety in the future.

2nd Round; #61: Jordan Matthews, WR - Vanderbilt
The Matthews/Moncrief debate continues, but I go after the receiver with the better hands. I know he's not the burner we're all looking for, but we still get a strong, physical receiver with long arms that can compete for jump balls.

3rd Round; #77: Justin Ellis, NT/DT - Louisiana Tech
Ellis is an absolute mammoth in the middle and shows surprising quickness. We've got a pretty deep DL rotation with Ellis, Tank, and Ian coming back allowing Ray and Cowboy their breathers.

3rd Round; #94: Jaylen Watkins, CB - Florida
Not the big name coming out of Florida like Roberson and Purifoy, but Watkins deserves the attention. He's feisty and sticks to a receiver's pocket throughout their route. Could see time in the slot as a rook.

3rd Round; COMP: Max Bullough, LB - Michigan State
Strong, emotional leader for a very stingy Spartan defense. Very football smart and can act as the thumper of our defense on day 1 with Bowman recovering from knee surgery.

4th Round; #125: Tyler Larsen, C - Utah State
Could be gone by our pick. Not the mauler like most of our lineman, but Larsen is a technician and can just outsmart defenders. Also very durable.

5th Round; #158: Zach Fulton, OG - Tennessee
Fulton is massive at guard, but still very raw. Scouting reports say he's very coachable and the type of guy that will stay after practice with coaches.

7th Round; #218: Allen Hurns, WR - Miami
PS player. Hurns is a speed demon and became the #1 target for Miami last season.

7th Round; #219: Arthur Lynch, TE - Georgia
A poor man's Vance McDonald. Good receiving threat that will need to work on blocking.

7th Round; #222: Jeremiah Sirles, OT - Nebraska
Filler selection.

GO NINERS!!!
[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
nice.
i'd go with one of the shorter but way more athletic receivers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Not bad. Would rather target Moncrief with one of our seconds, but otherwise very nice.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
baalke wont draft any of these guys.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Not bad. Would rather target Moncrief with one of our seconds, but otherwise very nice.

like i mentioned, the Matthews/Moncrief debate continues

Originally posted by susweel:
baalke wont draft any of these guys.

how could that be.......if we're draft everybody? #draftception
Fuller and Joyner, I think, will be instant contributors in the secondary. I like it
I love any mock that has us picking Matthews, I love everything about him

On another note, Joyner almost looks like another CB/Safety combo guy we picked in '81 (facial features, not game!)
I'd be happy with this
Not bad at all
I'm pretty good with it...'til Larsen and Fulton. NOthing against them as players, just don't see the need. Kilgore was extended to take over at C. Has Looney, Snyder and Seymour for depth. I get Baalke most likely won't re-sign Iupati (just too expensive), but enter Looney. He's a beast, most Niner fans just haven't seen enough of him yet. I'd say if Baalke drafts an interior OL, it'd be someone who could play both C and OG, but I only see one getting picked. Other criticism is you only got one top tier WR. Adding Herron w/Matthews makes sense because he's a speed guy who can also return kicks. Also, no QB selected. With only 3 on the roster, Harbaugh will want another for sure. Could be an UDFA, but there are enough guys in this draft to take that have good potential.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
This mock has NO trades or proposed trades:

1st Rd; #30: Kyle Fuller, CB - Virginia Tech
We have issues with our secondary, especially with the arrest of Culliver. Fuller has good size, quickness, and is consistently one to go after the ball and it shows with his vertical on the field.

2nd Round; #56: Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S - Florida State
Team leader and versatile, something our coaches love. He can come in and play the slot right away and take over at safety in the future.

2nd Round; #61: Jordan Matthews, WR - Vanderbilt
The Matthews/Moncrief debate continues, but I go after the receiver with the better hands. I know he's not the burner we're all looking for, but we still get a strong, physical receiver with long arms that can compete for jump balls.

3rd Round; #77: Justin Ellis, NT/DT - Louisiana Tech
Ellis is an absolute mammoth in the middle and shows surprising quickness. We've got a pretty deep DL rotation with Ellis, Tank, and Ian coming back allowing Ray and Cowboy their breathers.

3rd Round; #94: Jaylen Watkins, CB - Florida
Not the big name coming out of Florida like Roberson and Purifoy, but Watkins deserves the attention. He's feisty and sticks to a receiver's pocket throughout their route. Could see time in the slot as a rook.

3rd Round; COMP: Max Bullough, LB - Michigan State
Strong, emotional leader for a very stingy Spartan defense. Very football smart and can act as the thumper of our defense on day 1 with Bowman recovering from knee surgery.

4th Round; #125: Tyler Larsen, C - Utah State
Could be gone by our pick. Not the mauler like most of our lineman, but Larsen is a technician and can just outsmart defenders. Also very durable.

5th Round; #158: Zach Fulton, OG - Tennessee
Fulton is massive at guard, but still very raw. Scouting reports say he's very coachable and the type of guy that will stay after practice with coaches.

7th Round; #218: Allen Hurns, WR - Miami
PS player. Hurns is a speed demon and became the #1 target for Miami last season.

7th Round; #219: Arthur Lynch, TE - Georgia
A poor man's Vance McDonald. Good receiving threat that will need to work on blocking.

7th Round; #222: Jeremiah Sirles, OT - Nevada
Filler selection.

GO NINERS!!!

I watched Hurns play this season and He is a Sleeper, very solid reciever,very good hands, good route runner,and a good down field blocker......this is the kind of guy baalke likes.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm pretty good with it...'til Larsen and Fulton. NOthing against them as players, just don't see the need. Kilgore was extended to take over at C. Has Looney, Snyder and Seymour for depth. I get Baalke most likely won't re-sign Iupati (just too expensive), but enter Looney. He's a beast, most Niner fans just haven't seen enough of him yet. I'd say if Baalke drafts an interior OL, it'd be someone who could play both C and OG, but I only see one getting picked. Other criticism is you only got one top tier WR. Adding Herron w/Matthews makes sense because he's a speed guy who can also return kicks. Also, no QB selected. With only 3 on the roster, Harbaugh will want another for sure. Could be an UDFA, but there are enough guys in this draft to take that have good potential.

I see what you mean about drafting a QB, i just feel like I'd prefer to go a different route with someone that can contribute right away. I thought about Aaron Murray in the 5th, but there are reports that teams may take a chance with him as high as the 4th. Larsen, IMO, can compete with Kilgore at the C position. It's not like we're paying Kilgore big money anyways. He can still be the consistent backup at guard and center. As for Fulton, I'm taking him solely on potential. He looks like another Alex Boone-type guard.
1st of thank you for being realistic and doing a mock without any trades. that sh!t so hard to predict.

secondly somehow I had a feeling without opening the thread that you had JM slated to be drafted. with that being said I knew somebody was going to say DM should have been the pick instead of JM. from everything I've gathered DM is the zone's draft crush. I've said it before that I prefer JM over DM but won't be opposed to the kid being here. Lastly, there are far few mocks that have DM being drafted in the 2nd ahead of JM largely due to the production.
wtf? double post
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Mar 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
1st of thank you for being realistic and doing a mock without any trades. that sh!t so hard to predict.

secondly somehow I had a feeling without opening the thread that you had JM slated to be drafted. with that being said I knew somebody was going to say DM should have been the pick instead of JM. from everything I've gathered DM is the zone's draft crush. I've said it before that I prefer JM over DM but won't be opposed to the kid being here. Lastly, there are far few mocks that have DM being drafted in the 2nd ahead of JM largely due to the production.

I knew that people would come in here to continue the Matthews/Moncrief debate. We really can't go wrong with either player, but I stand in my belief that Matthews is a 2nd round value while Moncrief is a 3rd round value, in my opinion. I know people want a burner, but I'm still more interested in drafting blue-collar players that put in the work and has a strong work ethic. Not saying that Moncrief doesn't have that, but Matthews has all that to go along with his strong hands and physicality to fight for contested balls.
Share 49ersWebzone