LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Phoenix 49ers 2014 Mock Draft V6.0(UPDATED POST-CULLIVER POTATO JAILHOUSE VERSION)

• pfizz
lol wut

do you know who antwan goodley is?
[ Edited by pfizz on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM ]
Man now I like your mock. If that happens i'm jumping up and down like a kid. I'd much rather go after JM than DM but one can not always have it 100% their way. Oh I love the Cody Latimer pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by wailers15:
lol bro within the first 2 mins he looks very subpar. got beat twice two bad throws. gave up a td..bad highlights, for the most part a subpar performance.

What exactly are you watching in that clip?

that's exactly what i was trying to figure out. saw some good coverage saw. his size sure does show at times. like @ 2:14. i could see that on sundays happening a lot
Originally posted by wailers15:
that's exactly what i was trying to figure out. saw some good coverage saw. his size sure does show at times. like @ 2:14. i could see that on sundays happening a lot

Goodley's season average-6 receptions for 103 yards a game.

Goodley vs Verrett-1 reception for 12 yards.

Still confused on how you thought that touchdown was on Verrett.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000290090/article/tcu-cb-jason-verrett-shuts-down-baylor-wr-antwan-goodley

TCU cornerback Jason Verrett did what seemed to be impossible. He absolutely shut down explosive Baylor wide receiver Antwan Goodley, limiting him to one reception for 12 yards Saturday in a 41-38 loss to the Bears.

Goodley came into the game averaging 119 receiving yards per game and 20.5 yards per catch, but was flustered continuously by the 5-foot-10, 176-pound senior. Goodley simply could not shake loose from Verrett's aggressive coverage, which helped the Horned Frogs limit quarterback Bryce Petty to just 206 passing yards.

Petty completed 19-of-38 throws with two touchdowns and one interception. The redshirt junior was also sacked three times, one a coverage sack directly resulting from Verrett's coverage of Goodley on a slant.
While there will be concerns about Verrett's height until he is measured at the NFL Scouting Combine next February in Indianapolis, there can be no denying his proven production on the field after shutting down top receivers from LSU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and now Baylor.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
lol, I'm an idiot. I get confused at times. Must be that near 30 thing, lol.

No worries, I went back and separated them out a little bit to make it easier to see, not so jumbled anymore. When there's like 50 draft picks, it gets tough to keep up with each one.

It doesn't help feeling ancient nowadays. lol.
Like the change after Cully basically signed his own walking papers today. Like Verrett a lot, but Fuller/Watkins combo works just as well with Culliver out of the picture.
lol @ London Jaguars
Nice adjustments there Phoenix
Nice mock. I would consider taking the best d lineman available over Brooks.
Why a FS so early? We have Bethea and Reid locked up for a long time.

Good Mock Phoenix! I'm not sure they need more depth on the DLine but it can't hurt! I would really like to see at least three CBs and one SS/FS taken--which you have done. Spencer Long and Jay Bromley are certainly worth a shot...and Tyler Larsen is one of my favorites, among several OL candidates.

Also like addressing ILB in the third due to Bowman's injury and Willis being knicked up over the past couple of years. I love Skov from Stanford, seems to have a directional finder for the ball, but he will likely not be there and I don't know that he is ideally suited to play with Willis...would like to see a better cover guy. The knock on Barrows is his tackling technique...but the niners can help him there...no better tacker in football than Willis! I think he is an excellent prospect for what the niners need.

Edit: If the niners play a more aggressive D backfield then Skov may be a better choice, but...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 29, 2014 at 7:53 AM ]
Phoenix...nice recovery. I want Verrett, too. In fact, I want him and Fuller...now that would be the s@#t. I know Watkins is an up & comer, so I wouldn't be disappointed with him, but would definitely prefer Verrett. Who know, maybe Baalke can make it happen.
I traded up in the first 2 rounds giving up 2 3rd rounders and the 7ths.If we were able to get all these players, I would be happy.

22 WR MIKE EVANS TEXAS A&M
47 CB KYLE FULLER VIRGINIA TECH
56 WR JORDAN MATTHEWS VANDERBILT
100 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH
129 S DONTAE JOHNSON N.C. STATE
170 QB BRETT SMITH WYOMING
Good call Phoenix in regard to the Culliver debacle.

IMO, this is a draft changer for sure. Really like Fuller.

Do you seeing him going before Verret in the actual draft?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Good Mock Phoenix! I'm not sure they need more depth on the DLine but it can't hurt! I would really like to see at least three CBs and one SS/FS taken--which you have done. Spencer Long and Jay Bromley are certainly worth a shot...and Tyler Larsen is one of my favorites, among several OL candidates.

Also like addressing ILB in the third due to Bowman's injury and Willis being knicked up over the past couple of years. I love Skov from Stanford, seems to have a directional finder for the ball, but he will likely not be there and I don't know that he is ideally suited to play with Willis...would like to see a better cover guy. The knock on Barrows is his tackling technique...but the niners can help him there...no better tacker in football than Willis! I think he is an excellent prospect for what the niners need.

Edit: If the niners play a more aggressive D backfield then Skov may be a better choice, but...

The reason I went with Barrow, I see him doing a better job of dropping back into coverage as well as diagnosing plays and reacting appropriately.

Barrow is very experienced at dropping back into coverage which IMO is one of the biggest losses with Bowman being. With Barrow you're talking about a guy with a 4.6 40 who has some ability to recover if he gets beat, he's a solid cover guy, one of the better ILB's in coverage in this draft. To me that is the biggest factor for any ILB, if they can't cover well, then it doesn't matter how hard they can hit or anything else.

Here's the Scouts Inc profile on Barrow, a lot of which I agree with
Intangibles-1- Very mature and takes the game seriously. Hungry. Comes from difficult background. Natural leader. Works hard in weight room. No off-the-field incidents of note. Adequate student but good football intelligence. Has a three-year old daughter named Laila. Son of Ali and Saidah Barrow. Has three siblings.

Instincts/Recognition-1-This appears to be his strongest trait. Very good key and diagnose skills. Rarely takes false steps. Consistently in position. Displays natural football instincts.

Take-on Skills-3-Has some shock in hands. Does a good job of taking mental picture before contact and takes on with proper shoulder. Shows very good initial pop and quickly bounces off of blockers. Does a good job of using hands to keep off blocks while working down the line. Lacks bulk and strength in lower body. Can struggle to anchor is forced into phone booth with bigger OL, but that's highly infrequent.

Range vs. Run-2- Recognition skills consistently get him early jumps. Not very sudden or explosive athletically. But he shows above average top-end speed and can reach sideline as run defender. Very good motor.

Tackling-2-Not a huge hitter but can uncoil hips in short area. Technically sound. Good pad level. Looks to wrap up in space and drives legs through contact. Plays with a chip. Has quality experience on special teams and shows skill set to succeed covering kicks in the NFL.

3rd Down Capabilities-3-Can hold up as an every-down LB. Shows above average range in zone coverage and very good instincts in the passing game. Lacks quick-twitch athleticism and has some stiffness in hips. Will be limited in man-to-man as a result.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone