There are 206 users in the forums

49ers surprise by picking...

Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Any WR that turns out to be good from day one will surprise the living crap out of me (especially if the pick was from Baalke)
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
LaMarcus Joyner, Florida State

love that guy, but where on earth does he fit? not cat-like enough to cover great slot receivers; not big enough to withstand the nfl punishment he's going to be a part of. geez, if he were only 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier--he'd be the perfect linebacker. whatever...he's going to prove everyone wrong and be good nfl player.

Nix would surprise. Tuitt would not at all. Our dl is doing worse every year and needs a rebuild bad.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
LaMarcus Joyner, Florida State

love that guy, but where on earth does he fit? not cat-like enough to cover great slot receivers; not big enough to withstand the nfl punishment he's going to be a part of. geez, if he were only 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier--he'd be the perfect linebacker. whatever...he's going to prove everyone wrong and be good nfl player.

Nix would surprise. Tuitt would not at all. Our dl is doing worse every year and needs a rebuild bad.

Hmm. I must be watching a different 49ers team than some posters on here.....
Originally posted by MTninerfan:

I'm assuming wads is a stat junkie. Don't forget Aldon was out all most of the season, along with Dial and Carradine.
Come on man, really?
J Smith, Williams, McDonald

Carradine, Dorsey, Jerod-Eddy

Dobbs, Dial, Purcell

Okoye, Tupou, Tukuafu

Yes, I can see room for some more guys...If they're high first rounders!
Originally posted by Quest4six:

I'm assuming wads is a stat junkie. Don't forget Aldon was out all most of the season, along with Dial and Carradine.
Come on man, really?

No he has a point. Our dline has regressed since 2011. Run defense is not as strong. J smith is getting older
Let's face it, Trent has and probably will surprise us all.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Come on man, really?

No he has a point. Our dline has regressed since 2011. Run defense is not as strong. J smith is getting older

The loss of Sopoaga and RJF put a dent in the run defense but J Smith and McDonald are still very solid. Williams being injured hurt, then Dorsey came in and solidified the position. You can't have this much change without having some negative affect. Still, I would love to see a true NT on the team...but they don't seem to agree.

When they needed stops they were still able to shut down the run against most, if not all, teams.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Let's face it, Trent has and probably will surprise us all.

This is so true! He may draft two DLmen in the first two rounds! LOL!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 25, 2014 at 8:26 PM ]

• KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Surprise by trading back into the top third of the 2nd round.

That'be a BIG surprise!

This and I hate when it happens...but again , its a deep draft... I mean nothing else it will surprise anybody.. if we trade up, get a corner, safety, WR, even DL wont be a surprise . no way we pick a RB.. ooh wait how abou if they draft a center at 30??
Brandon Coleman, WR out of Rutgers
Not in the first round but Kareem Martin seems like an intriguing player
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46337/349/out-of-the-box

21 tackles for loss
11.5 sacks
Eric Ebron if he's available. It would make wideout less of a need and would diversify the offense like when we had Walker.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
surprise by trading their 1st round pick for a 4th round and 2015 1st round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone