LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

49ers surprise by picking...

• xcfan
  • Veteran
...louis nix.

i keep thinking baalke will move up a bit and grab nix. no reason; it just keeps popping into my head. not a big need, but i'd be happy.

who do you think baalke might surprise and pick?
Koney Ealy
Would Tuitt be a surprise?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Koney Ealy

imo, that would be a mistake. he needs to be a 4-3 end in order to bring out his best. he was born to play 4-3 end.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Would Tuitt be a surprise?

don't think so. we have a long-term need at 5-tech coming up soon, and he would be put in an ideal situation here, slowly working his way into a starter.
I still think we should go CB and WR 1-2 but after free agency I'd be less surprised if we take Nix, Hageman or Tuitt. I thought no chance before FA but with us getting Bethea it crosses off the SS high option. As for Nix though I'd rather go Hageman or Tuitt if we go DL because we have Dorsey, Williams and Dial and I'm fine with that. I think Dorsey will get extended long term and wont hit FA.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM ]
I can see Tuitt...maybe Hageman. Stephon's more NFL-ready, IMHO, due largely to his consistency at ND. We'll see where Ian Williams is when he returns, but believe he'll have a hard time wrestling the starting NT job from Dorsey. Both are entering the final year of their contracts...would expect to see Baalke re-sign Dorsey. If he drafted Tuitt, he'd have 3 guys for Harbaugh to plug-in at NT (Tuitt, Dorsey, TJE). So, I don't see Nix in that picture.
With so many picks and great depth at both WR and CB in this draft anything is possible in the 1st round. I could see the 49ers drafting DL in round 1 and Moncrief and Watkins in round 2 and another CB in round 3-4 like Desir, another WR like Landry or Bryant in rd 3 or Ellington in rd 3-4. There are many ways to go.

Look at Denver. They let a top receiver go and signed a bunch of defensive players.
I love Nix's personality but would absolutely hate this pick.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Koney Ealy

imo, that would be a mistake. he needs to be a 4-3 end in order to bring out his best. he was born to play 4-3 end.

Can you give me your reasons for this?

Justin Gilbert.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I can see Tuitt...maybe Hageman. Stephon's more NFL-ready, IMHO, due largely to his consistency at ND. We'll see where Ian Williams is when he returns, but believe he'll have a hard time wrestling the starting NT job from Dorsey. Both are entering the final year of their contracts...would expect to see Baalke re-sign Dorsey. If he drafted Tuitt, he'd have 3 guys for Harbaugh to plug-in at NT (Tuitt, Dorsey, TJE). So, I don't see Nix in that picture.

Williams is signed through 2015.
With Seahawks getting Allen I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up another pass rusher
Bishop Sankey. Not gonna happen but that would be a surprise right?
LaMarcus Joyner, Florida State
Share 49ersWebzone