LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

My 1St Draft

1. Brandin Cooks WR 5'10" 186lbs Oregon St. 4.33Ran a 4.33 40.The deep threat everyone wants. Great hands. Solid route runner.Cooks was one of the nation's leaders in receptions and receiving yards in 2013. He was superb for quarterback Sean Mannion. Cooks recorded 128 receptions for 1,730 yards with 16 touchdowns for the season. He finished 2012 with 67 catches for 1,151 yards and five touchdowns.

2.Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech 4.49

Some consider Kyle Fuller a first-round prospect. He certainly looked like one at the Combine. Fuller (6-0, 190) ran a decent 40 at 4.49, but his most impressive numbers were when he leapt (38.5-inch vertical; 10-8 broad jump). Fuller wasn't one of the better defensive backs in the field drills, but he held his own and was solid overall.

2.Donte Moncrief WR 6'2" 226lbs Ole Miss 4.40Big receiver who had a down year. Has all the tools to be elite. Good hands. Gets separation and can make the tough catches. The sophomore notched 66 receptions for 979 yards and 10 touchdowns as the primary target for quarterback Bo Wallace. Moncrief had some huge games against Texas (7-144-1), LSU (6-161-2) and Mississippi State (7-173-3). He had a lot of success beating Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks (second-round pick Tampa Bay) and LSU cornerback Tharold Simon (fifth-round pick Seattle) in man coverage.

3. Deone Bucannon, 6-1, 211lbs, Washington State, 4.4 40

Deone Bucannon's 4.49 official 40 for a 6-1, 211-pound safety is exceptional. Bucannon also posted some other impressive numbers (36.5-inch vertical and 10-foot-5 broad jump). Bucannon has a shot to be a second-round selection

3, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska 6-2. Weight: 215 4.56

Uses his long arms and strong hands to bat away passes as they arrive, demonstrating good hand-eye coordination and leaping ability. Uses his long arms very effectively to rip free from blockers. Surprisingly fluid hips for a cornerback of his size. Capable of changing directions well to maintain close proximity to the receiver. Good ball skills, including the ability to extend and pluck outside of his frame.

3.Dri Archer, RB, Kent State 4.26Dri Archer had Chris Johnson worried. Archer nearly broke Johnson's NFL Combine record in the 40-yard dash (4.24) with a 4.26. That alone wouldn't give Archer a "stock up," but as Charlie noted in the Running Backs Field Drills Recap, "Archer showed nice fluid athletic ability with change-of-direction skills. He had loose hips to change direction on a dime. Archer gave NFL evaluators something to think about as a situational weapon on offense." Archer could prove to be an intriguing weapon.

4. Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Richburg has been one of the top centers in the nation for the past three seasons. He enters his senior year with 36 straight starts. Richburg was a candidate for the 2012 Rimington Trophy given to the nation's top center. The junior graded out at 90 percent and wasn't called for one penalty last year. He took over as the Rams' starting center in 2011 and was a Second-Team All-Mountain West selection.

5. Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma Red shirt year

Colvin had a very good 2012 season for Oklahoma. The junior recorded four interceptions, 11 passes broken up, 61 tackles and two sacks. He stood out against Texas, West Virginia and Oklahoma State. Colvin has nice man-coverage ability with the quickness and flexibility to turn and run with receivers downfield. He also does a nice job of playing the ball. Another good season could send him into the first round.

6. QB Conner Shaw QB 4.66

Fine touch and accuracy. Very good mobility and movement in the pocket. Tough and gritty competitor. Produced a rare 24-1 TD-INT ratio as a senior and cut down on mental mistakes that characterized his play earlier in his career. Workaholic, gym rat. Extremely determined. Vocal presence. Smart and instinctive -- is the son of a coach and understands football concepts. Plays through pain. Has a 27-5 career starting record, has rallied his team to victory off the bench and carries a calm, confident, poised field presence. Mentally and physically tough. Three-year starter in the SEC.

7. CB Phillip Gaines 4.38

Nice length. Can be deployed in zone coverage. Plays the pocket. Good production on the ball -- 35 passes defended the last two seasons. Tough and competitive. Is hardworking and well respected by coaches and teammates

7. Trade for future picks.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
I be doing back flips if this went down.
Its nice but all over the place in terms of player values, Gaines made himself some money... he will be long........loooooooooong gone by the 7th
Amazing
Great picks all the way through. Not sure about Jean Baptiste as the best, big press man corner, but the Pro Days and private workouts may change my opinion. A little early for Archer and a C pick may have been negated by the re-signing of Kilgore, but those aren't major issues. Definitely like the Colvin and Shaw picks late. Nice mock.
I'm not positive, but I'm preeeeety sure you pulled this Draft out of my mind. Because, I love it! And that second round - that second round! - MY goodness. If we haul a Draft like this, I will be smiling so much I'll get straight-jacketed in no time.

For real though, most of these guys are at the top of my position favorites. And to get Gaines in the 7th? Yes, please.

My least favorite of the picks is Cooks. But I could certainly live with the pick - especially if it is followed by the rest.

Bravo, sir! Here's hoping.
Isn't the 3rd round high for Archer? Most around here are mocking him late like 5th-7th round
After the combine Archer want last the 4th speed kills.
Love this mock! So good that it has raised my hopes and unless this is how the real draft goes down I will feel ripped off!
Absolutely love it. Only problem is Buccannon and Gaines won't be there where you have us picking them. If this went down my TV would have jizz on it

Originally posted by D-49ers:
1. Brandin Cooks WR 5'10" 186lbs Oregon St. 4.33Ran a 4.33 40.The deep threat everyone wants. Great hands. Solid route runner.Cooks was one of the nation's leaders in receptions and receiving yards in 2013. He was superb for quarterback Sean Mannion. Cooks recorded 128 receptions for 1,730 yards with 16 touchdowns for the season. He finished 2012 with 67 catches for 1,151 yards and five touchdowns.

2.Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech 4.49

Some consider Kyle Fuller a first-round prospect. He certainly looked like one at the Combine. Fuller (6-0, 190) ran a decent 40 at 4.49, but his most impressive numbers were when he leapt (38.5-inch vertical; 10-8 broad jump). Fuller wasn't one of the better defensive backs in the field drills, but he held his own and was solid overall.

2.Donte Moncrief WR 6'2" 226lbs Ole Miss 4.40Big receiver who had a down year. Has all the tools to be elite. Good hands. Gets separation and can make the tough catches. The sophomore notched 66 receptions for 979 yards and 10 touchdowns as the primary target for quarterback Bo Wallace. Moncrief had some huge games against Texas (7-144-1), LSU (6-161-2) and Mississippi State (7-173-3). He had a lot of success beating Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks (second-round pick Tampa Bay) and LSU cornerback Tharold Simon (fifth-round pick Seattle) in man coverage.

3. Deone Bucannon, 6-1, 211lbs, Washington State, 4.4 40

Deone Bucannon's 4.49 official 40 for a 6-1, 211-pound safety is exceptional. Bucannon also posted some other impressive numbers (36.5-inch vertical and 10-foot-5 broad jump). Bucannon has a shot to be a second-round selection

3, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska 6-2. Weight: 215 4.56

Uses his long arms and strong hands to bat away passes as they arrive, demonstrating good hand-eye coordination and leaping ability. Uses his long arms very effectively to rip free from blockers. Surprisingly fluid hips for a cornerback of his size. Capable of changing directions well to maintain close proximity to the receiver. Good ball skills, including the ability to extend and pluck outside of his frame.

3.Dri Archer, RB, Kent State 4.26Dri Archer had Chris Johnson worried. Archer nearly broke Johnson's NFL Combine record in the 40-yard dash (4.24) with a 4.26. That alone wouldn't give Archer a "stock up," but as Charlie noted in the Running Backs Field Drills Recap, "Archer showed nice fluid athletic ability with change-of-direction skills. He had loose hips to change direction on a dime. Archer gave NFL evaluators something to think about as a situational weapon on offense." Archer could prove to be an intriguing weapon.

4. Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

Richburg has been one of the top centers in the nation for the past three seasons. He enters his senior year with 36 straight starts. Richburg was a candidate for the 2012 Rimington Trophy given to the nation's top center. The junior graded out at 90 percent and wasn't called for one penalty last year. He took over as the Rams' starting center in 2011 and was a Second-Team All-Mountain West selection.

5. Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma Red shirt year

Colvin had a very good 2012 season for Oklahoma. The junior recorded four interceptions, 11 passes broken up, 61 tackles and two sacks. He stood out against Texas, West Virginia and Oklahoma State. Colvin has nice man-coverage ability with the quickness and flexibility to turn and run with receivers downfield. He also does a nice job of playing the ball. Another good season could send him into the first round.

6. QB Conner Shaw QB 4.66

Fine touch and accuracy. Very good mobility and movement in the pocket. Tough and gritty competitor. Produced a rare 24-1 TD-INT ratio as a senior and cut down on mental mistakes that characterized his play earlier in his career. Workaholic, gym rat. Extremely determined. Vocal presence. Smart and instinctive -- is the son of a coach and understands football concepts. Plays through pain. Has a 27-5 career starting record, has rallied his team to victory off the bench and carries a calm, confident, poised field presence. Mentally and physically tough. Three-year starter in the SEC.

7. CB Phillip Gaines 4.38

Nice length. Can be deployed in zone coverage. Plays the pocket. Good production on the ball -- 35 passes defended the last two seasons. Tough and competitive. Is hardworking and well respected by coaches and teammates

I/m loving the hell out of this draft AA++
Great draft, only problem why draft Richburg? This way you can keep the entire draft between 200-220 pounds per man.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
dream on...

cooks - gone
fuller - gone
moncrief - gone
bucannon - gone
Originally posted by xcfan:
dream on...

cooks - gone
fuller - gone
moncrief - gone
bucannon - gone

I was just going to post this. Cooks will likely require us to move up to get him (the mock doesn't account for this) and both Fuller and Moncrief the same. I think it's doable to move up and get Cooks, but we'd have to give up our late 3rd. We could also move up in the 2nd and get one or the other (Fuller or Moncrief). but I don't see a realistic scenario where we can get both and still get Cooks in the 1st.

Essentially, the first 3-4 picks are unrealistic without trading up. And getting Gaines in the 7th is laughable.
Nice mock but most of the picks will be gone by the time you have them selected.
Share 49ersWebzone