There are 206 users in the forums

The Eli_23 Mock Draft

I'm crossing my fingers and I know it's only a pipe dream but I'm hoping the draft turns out like this.

CB JASON VERRETT
TCU

WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI

WR MARTAVIS BRYANT
CLEMSON

CB JAYLEN WATKINS
FLORIDA

C MARCUS MARTIN
USC

G SPENCER LONG
NEBRASKA

ILB DEDE LATTIMORE
SOUTH FLORIDA

S MARQUESTON HUFF
WYOMING

RB DRI ARCHER
KENT STATE

CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

TE COLT LYERLA
OREGON
I don't like it at all. Why take Archer? We have James and still can't use his 4.3 speed. As far as verrett goes, everybody know baalke draft big guys with long arms. So why would he draft a 5'9corner in the first round? Monchief I can see happening though for sure.
Originally posted by okla_sooners:
I don't like it at all. Why take Archer? We have James and still can't use his 4.3 speed. As far as verrett goes, everybody know baalke draft big guys with long arms. So why would he draft a 5'9corner in the first round? Monchief I can see happening though for sure.

I think a 7th round pick for Archer is great value and your only using your final picks to take a chance on a guy that will compete with LaMichael James.

As far as verrett, it's either him or CB Fuller. Either or is a good pick IMO.
Kilgore just got a 3 year extension that proves he's the starting center for this team going forward...why spend a 3rd round pick on another one, especially with a OG directly after that?
Originally posted by matt49er:
Kilgore just got a 3 year extension that proves he's the starting center for this team going forward...why spend a 3rd round pick on another one, especially with a OG directly after that?

idk if it proves he is the starter. it is his job to lose from here on out but we still need depth and competition on the line, especially with Iupati spending his last season in a 49er uni. also I believe kilgore just got 1.8M per year
6 of the 11 picks there are either Wrs or DBs including the first 4 picks, this is a list of who you want not a mock.
Spencer Long is a little early and Colvin probably a little late. Like the Center pick. He can compete to start and also add depth at guard as well. Randy Cross started at Guard and then moved to C later in his career.

You forgot our comp pick in the mock.

Nice mock.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by matt49er:

idk if it proves he is the starter. it is his job to lose from here on out but we still need depth and competition on the line, especially with Iupati spending his last season in a 49er uni. also I believe kilgore just got 1.8M per year

Agree we need some competition and possibly a future replacement for Iupati but the extension was the organization pretty much shouting this is our starting center. They have watched him for 3 years, they know what they have and that's why they extended him. If we draft an interior lineman it should be a guard who can shift to center if need be, not a early 3rd round pick to simply sit on the inactive spot each week as the backup C.
2 of our first 3 pick s being wr's is a vote of no confidence in Patton.This not the case. I like both Moncreif and Bryant, but itneeds to be either or. We have other needs as well. Easley of Florida would fit perfectly into our strategy of being able to redshirt a guy and develop him for the future .
Overall pretty solid.

Obviously, a lot will depend on who we retain in FA and the possible FA we can get.

Love Montcrief and the Bryant picks. IMO, I feel Crabs will be a VERY difficult resign so having an extra WR w/ a huge upside is a good thing. Also I really would love to keep Crabs however he has been injured a few times and hopefully he'll stay healthy this season. If not having a WR in the wings wouldn't hurt.

I also feel drafting a C is an absolute waste of a pick. I feel Kilgore is in the bag and I'd rather see a guy who can play LG/C/RG drafted.

Spenser Long and Colvin would be a very good move and have them Red Shirt for a year.

Originally posted by Since07:
6 of the 11 picks there are either Wrs or DBs including the first 4 picks, this is a list of who you want not a mock.

Hmmmmmmm... apparently WR and Secondary are the top needs in this 49ers offseason. Don't you think?
Originally posted by okla_sooners:

James has 4.45 speed. Not the same as 4.3 at all. We could use Archer and cut James.
Love the 1st four picks. Would rather take a swing tackle instead of a center though
Archer is going in the late 2nd-3rd round.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Love the 1st four picks. Would rather take a swing tackle instead of a center though

I was on the fence on that pick. I agree a swing tackle would be ideal. I haven't done research on mid round Tackles yet
Share 49ersWebzone