There are 248 users in the forums

FARO's Mock Draft - 49ers all 7 Rounds!

First off I want to say, big thank you to the website FANSPEAK.COM!!!!

That is where I was able to come up, with this beauty of a mock draft. I hope it falls out this way for our 49ers. What were your thoughts and analysis on this mock draft?

Like? Dislikes?

49ERS 7 round Mock Draft:

CB KYLE FULLER (**immediate starter with the potential loss of T Brown; cut C Rogers)
VIRGINIA TECH

WR DAVANTE ADAMS (Stud that will learn behind Boldin and Crab; future WR 1)
FRESNO STATE

DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY (Athletic Freak and gobs of potential; Dorsey and Ian Williams are solid, he will compete for home and be the future)
FLORIDA

G CYRIL RICHARDSON (Iupati like Mauler, but inconsistent! If coached up can be Iupati's replacement)
BAYLOR

C WESTON RICHBURG (Brought in to compete with D Kilgore who can be the G/C)
COLORADO STATE

WR BRUCE ELLINGTON (Speed, slot WR type. Similar to a Steve Smith/ can KR/PR)
SOUTH CAROLINA

QB LOGAN THOMAS (2 years ago was projected as a potential #1 pick; this is the Harbaugh prototype QB BJ Daniels x10. Frame similar to KAEP)
VIRGINIA TECH

RB KAPRI BIBBS (Boobie Dixons replacement; this guy has more muscles than Chuck Norris; attended my brothers HS and was a man amongst boys)
COLORADO STATE

S SEAN PARKER (Dashon Goldson 2.0... ??)
WASHINGTON

CB AARON COLVIN (the 49ers specialty, taking a player who should have gone in round 1-2 but got hurt; he would redshirt and can be a slot CB next yr)
OKLAHOMA

OLB TYLER STARR (stud performer, small school questions)
SOUTH DAKOTA

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?
[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for NinerSickness.
Gilbert will probably be a top 15 pick, so that one is completely unrealistic.

Love the Easley pick; hate the Davante Adams pick.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Gilbert will probably be a top 15 pick, so that one is completely unrealistic.

Love the Easley pick; hate the Davante Adams pick.

Fixed!!! To make the 1st rounder realistic and Fuller is a stud.

I'm high on Easley myself; what don't fly like about Davante Adams?
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Fixed!!! To make the 1st rounder realistic and Fuller is a stud.

I'm high on Easley myself; what don't fly like about Davante Adams?

He's my 10th rated WR in the class. It's not that I think he's terrible, but I don't see him as anything special. Not incredibly fast; small hands; had a great college QB throwing to him. I'm wary of a lot of Pac 12 WRs (although I do like Brandin Cooks a lot).

There's way too much value elsewhere to take him at 56 IMO. Here's a list of players I'd take ahead of him who might be there at 56:

Moncrief, Lamarcus Joyner, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Trent Murphy, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Allen Robinson, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Travis Swanson, Terrence Brooks, Kareem Martin, EJ Gaines, All 3 Gator CBs...

Maybe a few others. Not that I love all of these prospects; it's just that I'd rather have them than Adams.
Like it BUT

I'm not sold on Adams at all. Montcrief and Robinson would be better.

Really like the Fuller, Easely,Thomas picks.
Fuller for sure...Baalke can stand pat in 1st rd and get a long-armed CB with excellent all-around skills

I'd substitute Matthews for Adams...rationale is Devante played in the MWC, a defensively starved conf. Jordan played in the always tough SEC, so for my money, he's the better pick.

I like Easley...he could be this year's Carradine, i.e. basically redshirt him.

The next two OL I wouldn't pick there...everything points to Kilgore taking over at C and Harbs has a beast-in-the-making in Looney to replace Iupati. Instead, I'd grab Skov with one of the picks and possibly a S with the other.

Love the Thomas and Ellington picks. Mayock's one of the analysts who thinks Thomas has the upside worth investing in.

Even though I live in Colorado Springs, have to admit I know nothing about Bibbs...but if he's as strong as you say he is, he could be a ST beast and some relief for Miller?

Like the Colvin pick...another redshirt.
First two picks were questionable, the rest of the draft was excellent.
Share 49ersWebzone