Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 418 users in the forums

Ghost mocking V 1.0 - pre-combine

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
A first round 5'8" corner and a second round 5'9" receiver, I can't see it with this team.

I agree, the 49ers will go after players with size.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
A first round 5'8" corner and a second round 5'9" receiver, I can't see it with this team.

I agree, the 49ers will go after players with size.

I agree too:

3.) Dominique Easley, DT - Florida (6'2", 290) - 4.93
3.) Keith McGill, CB - Utah (6'3", 214) - 4.49
3.) Walt Aikens, CB - Liberty (6'1", 205) - 4.55
4.) Cody Latimer, WR - Indiana (6'2", 215) - 4.52
5.) Trey Millard, FB - Oklahoma (6'2", 255) - 4.64
6.) L'Damian Washington, WR - Missouri (6'4", 200) - 4.39
7.) Brock Vereen, SS - Minnesota (6'0", 200) - 4.49
7.) Trey Burton, TE/SAK - Florida (6'2", 230) - 4.60
7.) Larry Webster, DE/OLB - Bloomsburg (6'6", 250) - 4.67

All i saw as Lamarcus Joyner and i went

also have L'Damian Washington in my target list
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
A first round 5'8" corner and a second round 5'9" receiver, I can't see it with this team.
this is football, not bball.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I agree too:

3.) Dominique Easley, DT - Florida (6'2", 290) - 4.93
3.) Keith McGill, CB - Utah (6'3", 214) - 4.49
3.) Walt Aikens, CB - Liberty (6'1", 205) - 4.55
4.) Cody Latimer, WR - Indiana (6'2", 215) - 4.52
5.) Trey Millard, FB - Oklahoma (6'2", 255) - 4.64
6.) L'Damian Washington, WR - Missouri (6'4", 200) - 4.39
7.) Brock Vereen, SS - Minnesota (6'0", 200) - 4.49
7.) Trey Burton, TE/SAK - Florida (6'2", 230) - 4.60
7.) Larry Webster, DE/OLB - Bloomsburg (6'6", 250) - 4.67


My quote was in response to those two specific players.
I dont like the idea of drafting an Offensive Coordinator
http://youtu.be/mo28yodgvmo

Like this kid, but he needs to eat something I like that he's a decent technical blocker who actively finds a guy to engage, but some big CB in the NFL will put him in a dress and take him to the prom.
I get it that Millard is a good player but I dond know why the Niners would want to draft a FB when they already have Bruce Miller. I dont think they would carry 2 FBs on the roster based on their past history. You mention that you think taking a QB in the 4th-5th would be a wasted pick but this seems like more of one to me. Unless, you think he is a far better player than Miller and more likely to start over him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I get it that Millard is a good player but I dond know why the Niners would want to draft a FB when they already have Bruce Miller. I dont think they would carry 2 FBs on the roster based on their past history. You mention that you think taking a QB in the 4th-5th would be a wasted pick but this seems like more of one to me. Unless, you think he is a far better player than Miller and more likely to start over him.

I think it is more of D. Walker role for Millard with him backing up Miller. He fits this offense perfect IMO.
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Feb 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I agree too:

3.) Dominique Easley, DT - Florida (6'2", 290) - 4.93
3.) Keith McGill, CB - Utah (6'3", 214) - 4.49
3.) Walt Aikens, CB - Liberty (6'1", 205) - 4.55
4.) Cody Latimer, WR - Indiana (6'2", 215) - 4.52
5.) Trey Millard, FB - Oklahoma (6'2", 255) - 4.64
6.) L'Damian Washington, WR - Missouri (6'4", 200) - 4.39
7.) Brock Vereen, SS - Minnesota (6'0", 200) - 4.49
7.) Trey Burton, TE/SAK - Florida (6'2", 230) - 4.60
7.) Larry Webster, DE/OLB - Bloomsburg (6'6", 250) - 4.67


My quote was in response to those two specific players.

9 of the 11 players are either really good sized or huge in comparison.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I get it that Millard is a good player but I dond know why the Niners would want to draft a FB when they already have Bruce Miller. I dont think they would carry 2 FBs on the roster based on their past history. You mention that you think taking a QB in the 4th-5th would be a wasted pick but this seems like more of one to me. Unless, you think he is a far better player than Miller and more likely to start over him.

Technically, they do/did carry two FBs (Tukuafu) on occasion. But that aside, Millard is somewhat of a pick-and-stash guy like Tank and Lattimore. He'll start on the PuP and can either be activated later in the season if needed or be ready to go in 2015 when Miller is a free agent. Btw, Miller, as good as he is, pales in comparison to the things that Millard can do when healthy.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,057
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont like the idea of drafting an Offensive Coordinator

What, are you saying you want a play caller doesn't respond to predictability with preaching execution?????

You want a guy that doesn't take 20 seconds to call a play that the rest of the defense already assumed would be run...... 20 seconds ago????
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont like the idea of drafting an Offensive Coordinator

What, are you saying you want a play caller doesn't respond to predictability with preaching execution?????

You want a guy that doesn't take 20 seconds to call a play that the rest of the defense already assumed would be run...... 20 seconds ago????

If I could draft an OC I would!
Mayock on Joyner:
"I think he's a little bit like (Cardinals defensive back) Tyrann Mathieu in that he was a corner in college, but I think he's going to have to kick inside and either be a safety or nickel or both. ... He's an explosive, quick-twitch athlete. He can play safety or nickel. He played mostly corner at Florida State and has some special team ability also. I like him a lot."

Cornerback
1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
2. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
3. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
4. Jason Verrett, TCU
5. Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Safety
1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,057
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont like the idea of drafting an Offensive Coordinator

What, are you saying you want a play caller doesn't respond to predictability with preaching execution?????

You want a guy that doesn't take 20 seconds to call a play that the rest of the defense already assumed would be run...... 20 seconds ago????

If I could draft an OC I would!

Give me the 49ers current playbook, number each play, and a pair of 20 sided dice.... and I'll give you a couple more wins this season.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone